*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Why you all hate on the smiley face? WHY YOU ALL HATE ON THE SMILEY FACE?!??!

yea though, that's not a glitch. I am surprised the op would think it was. While its easy to assume ppl know the definition of glitch, the internet has done a great job of skewing definitions via mob stupidity (not to call the op stupid, just that multiple wrong ideas/opinions on the internet fester into truths over time...even things as seemingly unmoving as spelling of a word. Pretty powerful stuff).
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Puritas wrote:
    Updated OP with max values.

After playing with BP all event, I have to say... I think he's now underpowered, and the nerf wasn't really called for :/

Yellow: Sometimes can be useful. Environmental tiles are not only your last choice typically but forest/jungle, and even training room can be more useful than the +150 atk bonus you'd get from losing the AP though.
    Also, how often are you going to be matching yellow unless you're forced to?

Blue: I pretty much almost never use this. OBW, Spidey, and Mags blues take precedence in nearly every situation, especially considering the ridiculous cost. I know two of them are going to be nerfed, but by the time you can use blue it's not really helpful anymore :/ Better off taking even bullseye if you're bringing him for damage reduction.

Black: 3238 damage to team is nothing :/ You're not even going to take down a gsbw with that. if you're whittling down their hp to use it as a team finisher, inevitably their healer will pop off a heal first. Add to which most lineups have a heavy damage/deny threat you want to down asap, and by the time you can pull together 12 black you've probably got them down already leaving it only hitting two enemies.
    Sure, it's a great combo with 5 berserker rage, but comboing with loki is cheaper and arguably more effective :/
    Finally, 12 black...isn't easy. It's not exactly a priority deny color except vs enemy bps (and maybe psylocke).

BP's HP: On offense, still rather use patch to tank because every team needs red/green denying. Having BP as the last man standing isn't that great either, as he's absolutely terrible in 1v1 duels unless for some miraculous reason you've had a battleplan ticking away for the last while.

I'd been fully planning to max him ever since his moveset was released, but I don't know anymore :/

Yep.

People cried on the forums & D3 overreacted and turned him into another Daredevil.
  • jozier wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    I noticed this glitch where people act like jerks toward complete strangers attempting to share information in good faith.

It's clearly not a glitch and labelling it as such does a disservice to it. I clicked on this thread expecting a glitch, not something that has nothing to do with BP.

Apologies for labeling said actions depicted as a glitch. I meerley meant that it was something awesome. So awesome and effective it is as if it could be a glitch. Although it isn't. I will remember in the future to be as specific as possible for said people who take this type of thing at the most literal level of seriousness.

Again..... My appologies
  • Sure. Maybe you can warn us about it with Ares too.
  • A glitch would be if Black Panther's ability says 'gives 5 AP to their strongest color, and those 5 AP will be sent to the victim's relatives and cannot be taken away from them by any means".
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    I just had to shoot him with a nerf gun to get him to stop chewing on my azaleas. bad panther
  • Phantron wrote:
    A glitch would be if Black Panther's ability says 'gives 5 AP to their strongest color, and those 5 AP will be sent to the victim's relatives and cannot be taken away from them by any means".

T'Challa has Matt Murdock on retainer so so what you're describing is a simple way to make Daredevil's 'traps' useful icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I just had to shoot him with a nerf gun to get him to stop chewing on my azaleas. bad panther

Nerf guns for not so tiny kitties? When will you all learn, it's super soakers or nothing.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Fun thing to keep in mind:

Venom's strongest color is Green, which he doesn't have an ability for. And it's stronger at the same level then many of the other characters he's partnered with. So for example in a team of Ares/Venom/Moonstone once you take out Ares any Black Panther aoe gift AP goes to a dead color.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play Patch/Panther.

The 5 AP get handed out in their wills.
  • Agree with last 2 posts. This character feels severely **** now. He doesn't do anything well. Hell, he doesn't even do.... anything. Having played with him a fair bit now he feels strictly worse than IM40. Has anyone found a good use/team for him??
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    I play Patch/Panther.

The 5 AP get handed out in their wills.

indeed ! icon_cool.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know how much Envior tiles he generates per match? I was looking at my 1/2/2 lvl 15 BP and notice at that level that he gets 4 Enviro AP per Tile, so at lvl 15 he's getting 12 per 3 Tile match? If he ends up generating 6+ per tile then perhaps his yellow is much better than I thought. Anyone know?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Does anyone know how much Envior tiles he generates per match? I was looking at my 1/2/2 lvl 15 BP and notice at that level that he gets 4 Enviro AP per Tile, so at lvl 15 he's getting 12 per 3 Tile match? If he ends up generating 6+ per tile then perhaps his yellow is much better than I thought. Anyone know?

Environmental match does not go up for leveling, but he already generates 4, which is the highest any character has without boosts (and boosts no longer affect environment anyway).
  • Puritas wrote:
    Black: 3238 damage to team is nothing :/ You're not even going to take down a gsbw with that. if you're whittling down their hp to use it as a team finisher, inevitably their healer will pop off a heal first. Add to which most lineups have a heavy damage/deny threat you want to down asap, and by the time you can pull together 12 black you've probably got them down already leaving it only hitting two enemies.

I think you're massively underselling this, it's still the best AOE/per AP in the game. The most powerful black ability there is (?).
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Puritas wrote:

I think you're massively underselling this, it's still the best AOE/per AP in the game. The most powerful black ability there is (?).

Yeahhhh, 10K damage for 12 AP is still a huge amount. The argument is that it doesn't completely kill off a lvl 141 3* character in one shot? I also don't agree that you can't make 4 black matches before completely killing off one of their other characters.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Puritas wrote:

It's easily the strongest black ability in the game and is probably in the running for one of the most powerful offensive ability in the game. Not to mention it's on black, which is typically a very hard color to get a useful ability on.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Idk, maybe it's just a coincidence all the games I've played in the past week in hulk event
    But I don't hit 12 black until I've done around 10k dmg, and I'm prioritizing it pretty highly

most of my fights BP just sits there looking pretty
    maybe drops a yellow strike tile or two
    and occasionally kills off daken + yelena for me icon_e_smile.gif
  • I wish they would fix his yellow icon_e_sad.gif
  • Puritas wrote:
    Idk, maybe it's just a coincidence all the games I've played in the past week in hulk event
    But I don't hit 12 black until I've done around 10k dmg, and I'm prioritizing it pretty highly

most of my fights BP just sits there looking pretty
    maybe drops a yellow strike tile or two
    and occasionally kills off daken + yelena for me icon_e_smile.gif

There's nothing harder about getting 12 black compared to any other color. Sure I swear my AP often looks like 30/30/30/30/30/1 whenever I'm forced to use Black Panther but it's not like the game secretly makes one color harder to get just because you're using certain characters. A few minutes ago I had 12 black on second turn, though since that fight was against Juggeranut I can't exactly use it right away. But if the opposing team was consist of normal level players, that game would've ended rather quickly.