Ares Sunder countdown tile staying on board after death [Devs Aware]

Sim Mayor
Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
Playing in Iso-8 Lab: Canada in the Cloak & Dagger required node, round 5. I have C&D, Riri and G4mora, and I've already killed off Doom. Ares fires his Sunder, and then I finish him with Riri's Selfless Intervention. His Sunder countdown tile stays on the board even though he's dead (not just airborne, I checked). I matched it away before I thought to check if it was still counting down.
Tagged:

Comments

• SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    This happened to me today; Ares killed himself placing it, but my next turn cascaded it away. So I too don't know what the outcome would have been. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is an olllld bug.  Someone has uncommented the accursed code stanza!
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, looks like the problem is currently under investigation. The developers are currently working to resolve the issue with a future update.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Good to know, thanks Tombstone!
  • Dayv
    [Marked as "Devs Aware", per Tombstone's.]
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    This bug has come back so many times that it should be tested for upon every new version.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This bug has come back so many times that it should be tested for upon every new version.
    I'm guessing I know which one you mean, but there's no reason not to be as specific as possible when posting a bug here.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Hey Ozark, could you please clarify which bug you're referring to about Ares (Dark Avenger)? I'll ask the rest of our team if they found anything with the last build, but I'd like to be specific with them if I can. Please be sure to include as much information as you can for bug reports, including which power is being used, the teams on both sides, and a general description of what is occurring and what you believe should be happen. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming it's the one I've seen, where the countdown stays on the board if he downs himself with Sunder. I know that one's back.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    I'm assuming it's the one I've seen, where the countdown stays on the board if he downs himself with Sunder. I know that one's back.
    I'm also assuming it's this one, as I just encountered it when playing some of The Hunt nodes. 
    Enemy Ares was low on hp, used Sunder, and the CD tile stuck around even though he killed himself in the process.
    What was interesting this time? The CD time stayed at 2, and did not tick down. 

I saw saw it more than once, but I remember it happening for sure in the Doc Ock required node of the first day. I had Doc Ock 5*, 3* Cap Marvel, and Doctor Doom on my team for at least one occurrence of it. 

I'll try and duplicate in day 2 and get a picture, shouldn't be tough.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I've seen this as well.

Additionally, unlike before, when you use Ares 'Sunder' to finish a match, he will now take damage. It used to be the case that his power 'stopped' if the damage component would kill the last opponent, preventing self-damage. But he will now take damage regardless.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Yeah, I've seen this as well.

Additionally, unlike before, when you use Ares 'Sunder' to finish a match, he will now take damage. It used to be the case that his power 'stopped' if the damage component would kill the last opponent, preventing self-damage. But he will now take damage regardless.
    There are a lot of weird things with secondary effects of powers and/or passives when the last opponent is downed. I think that change may be part of the devs trying to sort some of them out.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Sorry, didn't know there was more than one Sunder bug. It's the one everyone is mentioning.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    I just had this happen where Ares killed himself with Sunder (HA ha!), but the Sunder Countdown tile didn't go away when he died.  He had about 250-ish Health when he fired his power.

This used to be a thing, numerous fix attempts were made, and then it finally was for about a year or so.
    But now it's back.
    Donno if it's 100%, but anything higher than 0% needs to be looked at.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a thread about this open already, it seems to me.
  • Dayv
    [Merged threads on this.]