Fearless Defenders

123457»

Comments

• locked wrote:
    Meh, even if the opponents could be mixed up, it was one and the same team of maxed Thor, oBW and Wolverine to me. Some used mStorm, like me, fewer people cStorm and MagnetoMN. There were odd people who I probably don't belong with (IM 35 or maxed Magneto), but whatever.

People actually care about Loki (and maybe IW) a lot more than you think. Maybe just my bracket, which is mostly midlevel players with a few maxed 2** and not many 3***. Out of curiosity I documented placement in the final 2 minutes.
    Funny stuff happened between 1-2. They both dropped their shields, but while #2 tried to push to top1 (and failed), #1 risked a bit too much imho.

A couple of mins till the end I was 7th, with I think PatBrad climbing up, then he must've got a ton of retaliations, so 4mins before the end I got the chance to finish top5. Enemy worth 29pts with decent (not hard) team, some boosts and here I am, Loki! icon_e_smile.gif

As for rewards - I got all of them, so 2xBlack, 1x Purple Loki.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Yup got my 3 covers as well. Come to think of it, if not for 2 successful defensive wins while shielded, I would have placed top 15.
  • Clint wrote:
    Ok did anyone who finished top 5 get the 2 black Loki?

I did.

Surprisingly easy tourney. Must've been because of my bracket: leader got 800pts but everybody else at top15 was around 500-650pts. I managed to climb maybe #4 before the deadline. My Loki is now only 3/1, but his black skill will eventually come handy with my Patch.
  • Got top 15 without ever shielding and going to sleep 6 hours before the end.

All maxed Patch+OBW+M.Storm make a silly annoying defensive team. icon_lol.gif
  • Same here. I finished first in my bracket, but only got 2 Loki with IW. One black and one purple.

Edit: So did anyone send a ticket, or will they resolve it by giving everyone in first place an additional cover since we are too many to handle individually?
  • Narkon wrote:
    Same here. I finished first in my bracket, but only got 2 Loki with IW. One black and one purple.

Edit: So did anyone send a ticket, or will they resolve it by giving everyone in first place an additional cover since we are too many to handle individually?

I am hoping the latter else I might send in a ticket. Was surprised I came in first however so was happy with a new IW cover.
  • Huh, I won two defenses against The Ladder. Weird. Was running Hulk/GSBW/Spidey, didn't think they were all that on defense. My team must have gotten some mega cascades.

Not really, I tried to put in a tank team (of sorts). A) Not a good idea to do it against a strong lineup and B) Hulk anger hurts. A lot icon_e_smile.gif
  • Narkon wrote:
    Same here. I finished first in my bracket, but only got 2 Loki with IW. One black and one purple.

I sent a ticket in but I havent heard back yet.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sent in a ticket as well, just got the auto-reply.

There is not that many of us that finished first if you do the math (~160).
  • I got my first #1 finish! Yay! Now I have an IW... in case I ever need her to play a PVE node, lol.

I also only got one of each Loki cover. Kind of disapointing. I missed the Ares covers because my Ares is at his max at level 61.
  • Bah, I slept in, wake just like 30 minutes left. Last game that would put me in top5 finished a few moments too late...
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I worked my way up to 6th place with just under 3 hours to go. Didn't care about getting top 5 as I only needed one more black Loki. Everyone above me was shielded and a decent distance from me to 5th place.

So I shielded up and went to do some other stuff, happy to get a top 15 spot. Come back a few hours later and find I have a top 5 finish. Guess someone in the top 5 got greedy, or their shield expired.
  • Also got 1 Black Loki for 1st. Probably won't bug them about it since I don't need the 500 iso that bad. Sadly I still need another purple though.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a reply from support about the missing reward for those who finished first.
    Hello,

We are aware of this issue and a fix should be coming out Monday. Our apologies for any inconvenience!

D3Publisher Support Team
  • Sigh, got two defensive wins after I had to stop playing at 430pm and ended up with the 1 Loki instead of 3 ares.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    After the update today, I got the black Loki cover I was missing.
  • Demolira wrote:
    After the update today, I got the black Loki cover I was missing.

Ditto