Wishlist for the new studio

TheDragonHermit
TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I was thinking that it is about time for another brainstorming session, to breathe a little positivity into the forum. Let's compile a list of things we would like the new team to focus on. I'll try to keep up and edit them all in this post. Let's start off with the obvious: Booster Crafting.

List:
Booster Crafting (working towards collection completion)
PvE Content Expansion
More Story Mode (uses old PvE as a starting off point)
A more Thorough QA Cycle
Existential Proof (an utimately futile request, how can we know for sure anyone really exists)
Expanded Usage of Jewels
No Duplicate Cards Within the Same Pack
New Tier System
Alternate Use for Color Mastery
Mirror Match to Test AI
New Event Overlay (Why are PWs always so angry)
End to Prize Austerity
Targeted Support Removal
Reevaluation of Mana Costs for Cards
Reevaluation of Cards That Are Underused
Display of Support's Shields on Card Before Play

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to see an expansion on PvE content. Specifically expanded story mode, but I'd take more variety in the PvE coalition events. Also bringing back the Innistrad and Zendikar PvE events to the weekday cycle.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    They tried to rotate Fateful Showdown and Revolt against the Consulate with AKH's Trial of Zeal, but we all know how that ended. It surprised me that they didn't try again a week later or so. Now we're again stuck on FS and RatC.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I have only one request:
    Please do proper testing before releasing anything.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Why not add the old PVE content to story mode (since it IS part of the story)

and for booster crafting, i'd like to see a guaranteed way to  complete a collection.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    QA 

that's all. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) That they exist.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    shteev said:
    1) That they exist.
    Not much evidence so far on that one.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker

test your **** cards and events before you release them.

: A new use for Jewels since masterpieces are essentially obsolete.

• TheDragonHermit
    And here I thought this thread was dying
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Came in to find if my assessment of Sunder (new masterpiece.. yay.. :p ) is as useless as it seemed, found this thread, too (yes, my assessment IS correct, it seems).

On that note, I agree with, "Playtest the cards before you decide on what level of rarity it should be.. PLEASE!"...

I'd love to hear why the (old) Devs thought Sunder was supposed to be a Masterpiece level card... Now, if it had drained all the mana in the opponent's hand and given it to you, for instance...
  • TheDragonHermit
    Azerack said:
    Came in to find if my assessment of Sunder (new masterpiece.. yay.. :p ) is as useless as it seemed, found this thread, too (yes, my assessment IS correct, it seems).

On that note, I agree with, "Playtest the cards before you decide on what level of rarity it should be.. PLEASE!"...

I'd love to hear why the (old) Devs thought Sunder was supposed to be a Masterpiece level card... Now, if it had drained all the mana in the opponent's hand and given it to you, for instance...
    I think they are using the rarity from paper, not sure though as it has been a while since I could afford paper magic.. 
  • wereotter
    Azerack said:

I think they are using the rarity from paper, not sure though as it has been a while since I could afford paper magic.. 
    They are based on the masterpieces from the set, many this time did not translate well into the game which is why they seem kind of odd. Additionally while masterpieces are high rarity, their rarity doesn't equate to power level in paper magic. This cards like Counterspell, which is a common rarity card, but highly played, got a masterpiece treatment. Other cards this time are apocalyptic as was the theme of the set. So Boil, Choke, Sunder are all ways of eliminating resources. 

But all this will be less relevant as starting with Ixalan, masterpieces in paper magic are not going to be included every set anymore. So your request for something else to use jewels on is valid, though even just the ability to buy rares and mythics with them is still good enough for me.
  • wereotter
    Oh and another thing to add to my wishlist.... stop with the duplicate cards within packs. I get way too many of two of the same card within a pack, which is pretty frustrating as duplicate cards are already worthless.
  • TheDragonHermit
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for breaking them up then, on drop rates, you mean for rares and mythical right?
    Also I think D3 sets prices and bundles, so I think that needs to go elsewhere.
  • TheDragonHermit
    And if I ever miss the point of your ideas for the sake of brevity in the master list, just let me know and I will change it.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azerack said:

For some of them, they stick with the paper rarity. However, they also shift rarities, such as moving paper rares to PQ mythics (for example, the Hour cycle from this set).
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Targeted support removal. Even if it would double the cost of spell from 3 to 6 or from 4 to 8. And if this is looked down upon, at the very least make all support destruction "destroy support that has been on the board longest (not including token supports)"
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:
    Azerack said:

For some of them, they stick with the paper rarity. However, they also shift rarities, such as moving paper rares to PQ mythics (for example, the Hour cycle from this set).
    They may decide to make their own masterpieces from mythics in Ixalan.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'all know that there's an entire subforum for this stuff, right?