Season ends before events.

Daiches
Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
s5 Nefarious Foes just started. There's 2d12h left. Next event is BFF for another 2d12h. There's no overlap in midweek events. That means there are 5d of Infinity Season events left.

Yet the Season ends in 4d12h.. That means the last 3h of S3 BFF don't count. Same for 9h of S4, 12h of S5.

It looks like they cut off the Season prematurely when the actual real season starts.

So @Brigby ... can you get on that maybe?
Tagged:

Comments

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    i think there is overlap, they just mistyped the am/pm:

original annoucement:
    • Nefarious Foes
      • Start Time: Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT
      • End Time: Wednesday, September 20 at 3pm EDT.
    • Best Friends Forever
      • Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT  --->  (i think this should be am).
      • End Time: Friday, September 22 at 3pm EDT. (exactly 2 day (48 hours) from the 1st event end time)

right now s5 in Nefarious foes ends in 2d 10h 32 m, the whole event ends in 4d 10h (and assuming 32 minutes, it does not show the minutes), so the whole event ends after 2 days from the ending time of the 1st event, which is exactly the time different between 1st event and 2 event.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time will tell about BFF, but normally the mid-week event has Slice 5 ending at 3AM, IIRC.  Last Friday, I had my slice end at 6PM, I think that's Slice 3.

Either it's a mistake, or unusual timing for the second event.
  • Daiches
    Lucifier said:

original annoucement:
    • Nefarious Foes
    • Best Friends Forever
      • Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT  --->  (i think this should be am).
      • End Time: Friday, September 22 at 3pm EDT. (exactly 2 day (48 hours) from the 1st event end time)

right now s5 in Nefarious foes ends in 2d 10h 32 m, the whole event ends in 4d 10h (and assuming 32 minutes, it does not show the minutes), so the whole event ends after 2 days from the ending time of the 1st event, which is exactly the time different between 1st event and 2 event.
    Every event is 2,5days. There is only overlap on Friday. This is a fact.
  • Lucifier
    Daiches said:
    Lucifier said:

original annoucement:
    • Nefarious Foes
    • Best Friends Forever

so, that mean everything is normal,
    also mean the BFF event they mistyped the am with pm.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:
    Daiches said:
    Lucifier said:

original annoucement:
    • Nefarious Foes
    • Best Friends Forever

so, that mean everything is normal,
    also mean the BFF event they mistyped the am with pm.

Unless they change how PVP has run since time slices, no.

S1 Nefarious Foes ends at 8pm EDT, and BFF starts at 8pm EDT.

Your suggestion would leave a 12 hour time without PVP, which is not how this game works.
    You don't get breaks from PVP.
    EVER.

• Lucifier
    edited September 2017
    @Bowgentle

i said:
    • Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT  --->  (i think this should be am).
    Bowgentle  said:
    Your suggestion would leave a 12 hour time without PVP, which is not how this game works.

i said they mistyped am with pm, for the starting of the 2nd event, that will create 12 hours shared between two event (which will make the whole season event = 4days and 12 hours).
    that will not create 12 hours without PVP.

example, for 1st time slice:
    1st event: Start Time: Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT        End Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT
    2nd event: Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8am EDT     End Time: Thursday, September 21 at 8pm EDT

you can see for the 1st time slice, from  Tuesday, September 19 at 8am EDT TO  Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT
    is shared between two events, so most likely they just mistyped the am with pm.
  • Daiches
    Lucifier said:
    @Bowgentle

i said:
    • Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT  --->  (i think this should be am).
    Bowgentle  said:

i said they mistyped am with pm, for the starting of the 2nd event, that will create 12 hours shared between two event (which will make the whole season event = 4days and 12 hours).

1st event: Start Time: Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT        End Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT
    2nd event: Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8am EDT     End Time: Thursday, September 21 at 8pm EDT

you can see for the 1st time slice, from  Tuesday, September 19 at 8am EDT TO  Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT
    There has never been an overlap on Wednesday. If they start that now they throw off the entire balance of how seasons and their schedule is run. There was also nothing announced that they were changing the structure of time schedules for these pvps.

Until we get an official answer, we have to assume normal pvp schedule is kept and season is cut off early.
  • Lucifier
    edited September 2017
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    Lucifier said:
    @Bowgentle

i said:
    Bowgentle  said:

There has never been an overlap on Wednesday. If they start that now they throw off the entire balance of how seasons and their schedule is run. There was also nothing announced that they were changing the structure of time schedules for these pvps.

Until we get an official answer, we have to assume normal pvp schedule is kept and season is cut off early.

who says, this one will overlap in Wednesday ????????!!!!!!!!!!! read back what i post (which is in bold),
    Tuesday

Lucifier said:

this is second wrong assumption by you about what i wrote:
    1- you thought i said, there is 12 hours rest (i did not)
    2- you thought i said, this event have overlap in Wednesday (i did not)

if we assume the PVP is always 2 and a half day, and PVP run non-stop (one after another) and always 12 hours overlap, then the difference between 2 PVP is exactly 2 days (i am not 100% sure about it, but if this is true then):

1st overlap is friday, 2nd one is sunday, 3rd one is Tuesday, 4th one is Thursday, 5th one is Saturday, 6th one is Monday, 7th one is ***Wednesday***, 8th overlap is friday, ......................

i do believe this season event is 4 days and 12 hours (confirmed from real game playing), i think the 2 event will overlap (check above about overlap time) and both will end normal within 4 days and 12 hours, and there is just a mistake in typing am with pm.
    i am not confirming anything, i am saying this is the case most likely.

******************************EDIT*********************************
    Daiches said:
    oh i see your point here, mmmmmmmm, yeah not sure about it, never paid attention to that, i thought there is always overlap between PVP events (that what i think), 
    if overlap only occurred in friday, then this event should last 5 days, not 4 and a half day.
    and in this case the issue is not only between the 2 event, what about the 12 hours after the event ends, as for this event, i think it is:
    1- either this is a special case, and it will be an overlap, in between.
    2- or second event will last only 2 days (not 2 days, and 12 hours) that will not create an overlap in between.

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would also like to know what is up with the timers - are the later slices (3/4/5) simply going to get cut off without proper end times?
  • Daiches
    Hearing that Brigby is contacting the devs to find out what is up.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    It's called the infinity season because it's never going to end.

Oh, wait, it's just going to feel like it's never going to end. My mistake. Carry on.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it would be strange to see an abnormal event overlap in a set of already abnormal events......
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2017
    Well, I think it is safe to assume BFF does not start at 8 AM.    Where is the preview?  It should start in 11 hours.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    The bigger concern is that the season end time (displayed in game) is 12 hours before the Friday-ending pvp.  It doesn't really matter so much when it starts, just as long as you know when it ends properly.
  • bluewolf
    edited September 2017
    rossmon said:
    The bigger concern is that the season end time (displayed in game) is 12 hours before the Friday-ending pvp.  It doesn't really matter so much when it starts, just as long as you know when it ends properly.
    Well,is BFF shortened or something?  Otherwise I agree, don't pick a slice that ends after 3pm.  

You will probably be cut off if planning to play to the end of your slice past 3pm.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Hearing that Brigby is contacting the devs to find out what is up.

I get the impression that devs are locked away somewhere without outside communication, like in a high security prison.
    I mean, usually players find Anthony on Discord within the hour, yet poor Brigby gets the cold shoulder from them for all his emails.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I've passed this info along to the development team, and they'll be sure to look into it. If they find there is a potential issue, then I will update everyone on what the plan is to fix it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Please take a look at the update we've provided in the original Infinity Season announcement. Thanks
  • Daiches
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Please take a look at the update we've provided in the original Infinity Season announcement. Thanks
    Thanks, Brigby. Kinda sad it took almost 2 days to get this fix. And it shifts the shaft from 3 slices to 2 other slices. Oh well.