Pre-emptive Dino leveling query

Options
Jarvind
Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
So I've read that you save ISO by maxing Devil Dino one level at a time, because for some reason she starts each level with some ISO already allocated.

Buuuuttttt I've also read that it's some kind of weird display error and you actually save ISO by champing her in one shot with the "max level" button.

Which is it? Finally gonna champ her this year and my obsessive min-maxing demands that I research this thoroughly beforehand.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need to expose her to the Ultimate Nullifier first, then on the next developer poll you need to vote for Ka-zar and Shabu as your favorite characters, in that order. After that, when you level her, only do so during an anniversary event and do it one level at a time.
  • Jarvind
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    You need to expose her to the Ultimate Nullifier first, then on the next developer poll you need to vote for Ka-zar and Shabu as your favorite characters, in that order. After that, when you level her, only do so during an anniversary event and do it one level at a time.
    Does this unlock the Secret Cow Level also?!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for this post @Jarvind I'm in the same boat wondering the same thing.  After sitting at 13 covers L70 for a year I plan to champ her this time and want to know which one will be cheaper.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All kidding aside, you level up all in one go.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    And finally, Devil Dino is a dude. The Women of Marvel cover that caused all that confusion was featuring... Moon Girl (and DD).

Check the caption from his original MPQ cover art:

• Jarvind
    Options
    And finally, Devil Dino is a dude. The Women of Marvel cover that caused all that confusion was featuring... Moon Girl (and DD).

Check the caption from his original MPQ cover art:

I thought I remembered reading that it had been retconned to make him a girl.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So if I already level Dino to ~140 I'm SOL correct?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level
    They're actually Skrulls.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level

What about the mystery cow?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level

It's a mystery.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    All kidding aside, you level up all in one go.
    Are we sure that it's still true?  That post was before they changed the level up buttons and I'm not sure anyone's posted on champing DD since that change went into effect.  There's a very good chance you're right, but it also wouldn't surprise me if a bug  in leveling DD was introduced when they changed the level up buttons.  I guess we'll find out soon...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    According to some of my alliance mates it's the same whether you level him one at a time or all at once. But, that's not consensus. What is consensus is that at one time it was definitely cheaper to level him one at a time. So if you want to guarantee you don't miss out just do it one at a time. It might save you iso, it might not, but if you one shot it your guaranteed to spend the higher amount (if it is still different).
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    , then on the next developer poll you need to vote for Ka-zar and Shabu as your favorite characters
    About that, the link in the game to a recent vote didn't work for me. Is there an external link?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level

It's a mystery.

Well, yes and no, mostly no.  It's Phoney and Smiley in a costume.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level
    Just ask Ms Zarves on the 19th Floor. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level
    Touche
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Jarvind said:
    Dormammu said:
    There is no cow level
    ^^^ Is exactly what someone that knows about the cow level would say.