Lock in Defense Teams - PvP

Popeye
Popeye Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
i wish we could set or lock in a defense team in PvP. Currently entering any other playmode voids the team left defending in VERSUS. Being able to lock in chosen defense teams in the various tournaments would be very helpful.
Tagged:

Comments

• Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Your defense in PVP won't change if you use other characters in other modes.  It's the last team you've won a PVP match with, as long as character levels don't change dramatically... I think. Not too clear on the anti-cupcake change myself. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blergh said:
    Your defense in PVP won't change if you use other characters in other modes.  It's the last team you've won a PVP match with, as long as character levels don't change dramatically... I think. Not too clear on the anti-cupcake change myself. 
    Basically it's the strongest team you won a match with.
    Can't go down too much, which is why you see people mostly grilling Strange / unboosted 4.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    maybe let players check current defense team?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qazzy said:
    I think that would only really benefit players who are deliberately gaming the system. Players just playing Versus matches don't need this kind of information. 

Popeye said:
    Currently entering any other playmode voids the team left defending in VERSUS.
    I'm either misunderstanding this, or you are misinformed. Playing a story mission has no effect on your defensive team in a given Versus tournament. It's still (in nearly all cases) the last team you won a match with in that tournament. The only exception is if your last winning match was with a team that was much, much weaker than previous winning teams, in which case your defensive team won't change from whatever it was before.

It sounds confusing, but in practice, if you're not deliberately trying to force your defensive team to be a really easy team, it's just your last winning team.
  • Qazzy
    Qazzy Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Qazzy said:
    I think that would only really benefit players who are deliberately gaming the system. Players just playing Versus matches don't need this kind of information. 
    I don't think it's gaming the system, the same team will have different performances between operators, and as defense team, AI take the control, that make some character become much weaker by lacking of skill.

Ex: quick silver, coulson, 3*widow, 2* magneto, vision, some of their powers need skill to use, I can play with these character, but I would change some character that is suitable for AI before I want to have a break, like cage, scarlet, sam, loki, whose skill still have good performance when AI controlling.
    What I think is letting us check our current defense team so we have some info to make decisions, if you don't like current defense team, you still need to win a versus match to switch your defense team.