Enemy Passives Erroneously Firing In Wave Missions (merged) [Investigating]

Comments

• pandrek
    pandrek Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I have a serious problem playing Capitan Marvel Modern. When I play against her, she absorbs even thoughts, even she doesn't get hit by my character. Today I was playing with her at event Iso-8 Brotherhood. She gets more than 1.5k damage, and the passive doesn't work for me!!!!! I have a champion Capitan Marvel, with 5 yellow covers! So, I don't get red and the black, as the ability says! Please, fix it, it is so frustrating!!!
  • Jetmanvin
    Jetmanvin Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Found a bug in the Venom Bomb pve event. (IPad)Played with TTE on first wave. No CM4 in the game. Ended up playing only with three star Steve Rogers and Moonstone. Please look into the matter. Thanks!

[Moderator note: please keep threads on-topic and look for existing threads for other bugs.]
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I think that if they just can't fix 3* Carol  (been 6 months now) the least they could do is remove her from Wave nodes
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    It didn't cause me any trouble, but this is still occurring. In the dead pool daily, My 5* bolt dropped a goon causing 5* Thanos to destroy the rest of the team with ~12k dmg. One of the champs destroyed was 3* carol, who was then replaced with a fresh 3* carol. Energy Absorption triggered for the new carol. 

Again, it made no difference to me, but if i was someone struggling to clear dead pool's daily? This would not be a great experience. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    This is never going to get fixed, isn't it.
  • vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    9 months after we were told a fix is in the works... still nothing... must be one hell of a bug 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle said:
    This is never going to get fixed, isn't it.
    Yep.
    It's not.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker

It's really minor, but I noticed today that if you down an enemy with a blue match and Quicksilver is the next enemy to appear then he gets to lock a team-up tile even though he wasn't on screen when the match was made.

• vernr1
    edited February 2018
    11 MONTHS later... Think we can get an update on this? Perhaps just change it to “working as intended”, since at this point I don’t believe a single person believes that this will ever be fixed. 

How about fix fix bugs instead of pushing new features?  I’m to the point where I don’t care about any ‘new’ characters, I want existing stuff in game to work properly... too much to ask I know, but we can all dream.

(edited: whoops my math is as bad as D3, that would be 11 MONTHS, so the programmer working on this fix has made probably 50-80k working on this alone? And not gotten it fixed? Someone needs to be fired)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    The state of this finally changed to 'Investigating'? Interesting...  Noticed this is also the case for the 'Multi-part attack' thread.
  • Bowgentle
    So "investigating" is the new "Devs aware", huh?
    Obviously not a sign of actual work being done.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

@Tombstone, it's been over a year since this bug was officially recognized by you... Can you please give us an update?  This bug still exists, and I've seen all these powers active when their character wasn't in line-up until after their earlier-waved teammates get taken out:  Captain Marvel (3* Energy Absorption, 4* Energy Manipulation), Deadpool (3* Life of the Party, 4* X-Enforcer), Luke Cage (The Defender), The Thing (Rock Solid), Jean Grey (Psychic Feedback), Quicksilver (Supersonic), Storm (Raging Tempest).  @Brigby, maybe you could give him a poke for us? 

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bowgentle said:
    So "investigating" is the new "Devs aware", huh?
    Obviously not a sign of actual work being done.
    When we added the [Devs Aware] tag to threads, players assumed, to no fault of their own, that this meant the development team was already working on a fix. In reality, there is an extensive process that needs to be undergone in order to first determine what the exact issue is and how it's triggered, before the development team can even begin figuring out how to fix it, developing the fix, and then scheduling its implementation.

In order to show that a bug could be in any various phase of that process, we decided to change the tag to [Investigating] until we're able to provide a more definitive time-frame for when the fix can be added in-game.
  • vernr1
    It’s been well over a year since this bug was acknowledged, 2 years since its been occurring...

D3D still wants to spoon feed us this **** that they are investigating and will ever fix?

as others have pointed out, this game has steadily gone downhill, and developer support is essentially
    non-existent. You expect us to give you money, but you refuse to fix your game?

2+ years to fix a bug, regardless of how deep and complex it is is totally un-acceptable and says a lot about the D3D development team. Perhaps you guys should hire an actual programmer?
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    When we added the [Devs Aware] tag to threads, players assumed, to no fault of their own, that this meant the development team was already working on a fix.
    Not to stir up anything, but the reason that players assumed that there was “a fix in the works” was because Tombstone used those exact words in March 2017.
    To what degree it was being coded is up to interpretation.
    This is a rare bug for me, with my style, so it doesn’t affect me almost at all.
    I look forward to another announcement on this subject.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    What's to look forward to?  This bug is still around well-over a year after it was "being investigated" - It's never gonna be fixed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been an issue since 2* Storm and 3* Carol were in DDQ, which is coming up on... 4 years?
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I disagree. I'd be okay with that happening to the other contender for 'longest running bug threads' (the 'Bonus damage 2nd attack' one), but for this one it makes no sense. It's stupid for a passive to trigger for something that happened before that character was even there. (Not in the last place because after 4 years there is STILL no way of previewing the enemies in a wave node).

Had it happen today or yesterday too again when XFDP turned out to be the 5th(?) enemy in the Big Enchilada and his passive triggered after wiping the first enemies with Thanos's passive.
  • loose5682
    loose5682 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I'm sure the fact that this is "mildly annoying" rather than "game breaking" is why this is still a thing so long after it was first reported 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there were wave nodes in Versus, though...