Covers being applied to maxed Champions instead of lower level "alts"

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
In my 2-star Farm I have several 2-stars at 144 (Thormneto, for example) with lower level alt/duplicates. In the list of covers, next to the Thor, Storm, Magneto, etc. cover it will say Train but when I tap Tap on Train, instead of training my lower level character, the game wants me to Train my 144, i.e., lower one skill and raise another.

So I have to go into my Roster, scroll through to find my lower level character, and train them up via their character screen.

Just my opinion but I feel when we tap Train on a cover, the game should be checking to see if we have multiple copies of the same character in our Roster, and if we do, we should then get a screen asking us which character we want to Train.

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This has probably already been reported, but I don't see it listed.
    I have two instances of 2* Hawkeye on my roster. One is level 144 (3/5/5), the other is level 15 (0/1/1). If I pull another blue cover, and try to use it to 'train' the level 15 instance, I get the "Power Shift" pop up telling me that he is already at 13 covers, because it is trying to add the cover to the level 144 once instead of the level 15 one.
    Just frustrating to be going through my daily reward cache and then have to go through a different menu and several clicks later to apply those covers.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You are right this has been going on forever and it is very annoying.  Sometimes the system checks lower level characters and sometimes it doesn't.  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    add the covers from the individual character screen.  This issue has been around for ever, but its a pretty easy fix.

So specifically,  find the character from the main roster and add the cover via that screen instead of the qued cover screen
  • Blindman13
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I reported the same issue, but worded differently here:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67137/adding-covers-to-duplicates
    I didn't get any response. Hopefully, you will have better luck.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [Merged the two threads.  Kept the newer, more detailed subject line.]
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well I'm guessing the game checks to see if you have a character, then if you have the character it defaults to the highest level character.  So if you had a 2* at 133 and a 2* at 94, it would autolevel the 133.

Which makes sense in a lot of situations, but in the case you're talking about it won't automatically *bypass* maxed championed characters.

I'm planning to do the exact same thing with 2*s so implementing what you're talking about would be nice for me too.
  • Blindman13
    Options
    Seems like if you have the Max Champ set to 5 covers it will automatically switch to the lower level alt. It's only when you have that power set to 3 or 4 covers that it tries to apply it to the already maxed instance.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like if you have the Max Champ set to 5 covers it will automatically switch to the lower level alt. It's only when you have that power set to 3 or 4 covers that it tries to apply it to the already maxed instance.
    Yeah, it looks like it correctly identifies that the character can have no more champ levels added, but goes back to non-champ behavior with the train button instead of ignoring that copy of the character completely.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    add the covers from the individual character screen.  This issue has been around for ever, but its a pretty easy fix.

So specifically,  find the character from the main roster and add the cover via that screen instead of the qued cover screen
    I (currently) have 138 characters rostered. That's a lot of scrolling. Admittedly only 18 of them are 2-stars, so I *can* sort my roster by 2-stars, and that does make it easier to find my lower level alts.

Alternatively, the game could run a check for duplicate characters and, if it finds any, give me an option to choose which one I want to train/use the cover on.