Infinity Season *Updated (9/19/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

To go along with the next Progression rewards based on wins test, we will be doing a mini Versus Season during the next off-season.

Between the Versus seasons of Space Gem and Power Gem we will be running a 1-off Versus Season called the Infinity Season. The Versus Season will consist of two Versus Tournaments, but will not have a S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator Versus Tournament.

Players will earn progression rewards based on the amount of wins they have, rather than how many points they have earned. The season placement and progression rewards have been scaled to the length of the season itself (two events rather an 10). Events during this Versus Season will reward tokens to the Heroic cover store.

Event Details
  • Infinity Season starts Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT and ends Friday, September 22 at 3pm EDT.
  • Nefarious Foes
    • Start Time: Sunday, September 17 at 8am EDT
    • End Time: Wednesday, September 20 at 3pm EDT.
  • Best Friends Forever
    • Start Time: Tuesday, September 19 at 8pm EDT
    • End Time: Friday, September 22 at 3pm EDT.
  • Infinity Season progression and placement rewards are scaled to a season that has only two Versus Tournaments.
    • 13 tiers of Progression Rewards
    • Top Progression reward is 67 wins
Update: The team investigated and confirmed that the Infinity Season would have ended 12 hours before Best Friends Forever ended. Due to this, we will have the Best Friends Forever event start early (it will be back-dated to start at 8:00am EDT today 9/19).

Starting the Best Friends Forever event early means that players in the first two time offsets (aka slices) will unfortunately have less time to participate in the event, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

At this point we do not have any intentions of adjusting the Power Gem Season, or any other event, from its current schedule.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    How many wins for individual events progression? Will there be command points at the final progression or are those of the table again?
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby any information on the progression reward structure (how many fights won for each reward tier) based on CL as well as where the CP will be rewarded (progression only or progression and placement as last time)?

Thanks.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do loses count against you @Brigby
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will enjoy Nefarious Foes this time more than last, now that Mordo is champed.  Fear the purple!

This sounds fun!  Looking forward to seeing more reward details, and playing!
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Keep on topic and keep things civil. Thanks!***
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's the top progression reward for 67 wins? CP? HP? A date with Krysten Ritter?
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Lololol. Everyone cried at 40. Now its 67? 

I love it and hope it stays. 50 taps on some poor player per event coming right up
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Wow. I thought you'd left win based progression in a shallow grave alongside Boss Rush. That's where it belongs. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    corytutor said:
    Lololol. Everyone cried at 40. Now its 67? 

I love it and hope it stays. 50 taps on some poor player per event coming right up
    67 for the season, not per event.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    67 for a 2 event season. So all the way down from 40 to 34. Still way too high. 
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Thats disappointing. Was hoping it went higher
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Personally, I like this format. It's great for progression's sake having to win "x" amt of matches to get all the rewards and not have to be frustrated by losing a retaliation or some such. I'm curious about placement awards though... no mentions above about points, just the amt of wins needed to reach max progression for the season.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    @Brigby how many wins do u need in each event to get full progression?

i know to get full mini season progression is 67.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Looks interesting!  I like mini-seasons and win-based progression.  Forget spending on shields! :)
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Let the seal-clubbing commence!
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker

Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Do loses count against you Brigby
    I believe it's the same as the previous Versus tournament structure where losses only count against you if you're going for placement; it does not affect your progression.

When it comes to all the questions about individual event progression, and where the location of the previously-progression CP awards are, I will pass those along to the developers and update everyone with their response