MPQ Server Outage -- September 14 2017 [Fixed] (merged threads)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Waffles or Pancakes? were responsible for the server being down I mean.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Been hit and miss since about 6:30 just got day 1 finished and placed at 45 , think I'd have been top 10 if I'd been able to start at 5 instead of 6:30 

and now I'm unable to get into it again 

hope we we get some compensation for this 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Very disappointed...it ruined my final grind and lost the top 10 which means iso, cp and a Cloack & Dagger cover :s
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Was working, now I'm stuck on the loading logos screen
  • reapermort
    reapermort Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Still losing connection every two or three matches. Losing my opportunity to accomplish anything today.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I benefitted greatly from the outage was 7th place when servers went down and ended up at 10th place after my slice ended. Normally I'd drop down in the high 20s if I had finished normally. So thanks devs!!! It was much appreciated.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Randomly got into the game. I was a top 200 finisher in Rocket and Groot, woot! (woulda been top 50). Should I not "use" elite tokens on the off chance they need to "take them away" in order to provide compensation, or should I just damn the torpedoes full speed ahead?
    You should be able to safely use whatever rewards you received.  I do not know of any case where they removed rewards from a player in order to issue different ones as compensation.

(this is just my opinion, I do not work for D3 or Demiurge, etc.)
  • suyerza
    suyerza Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Do you have tips for game work on steam please ? the game call me update available but already updated thanks
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Sluggo said:
    Finally got in. I had T3 finishes on the first two days and was cruising to an easy T5 overall finish. Unable to start my final S2 clears, I finished T50 for the third sub and T20 overall for the event. 

I did the math and figured out the outage cost me roughly: 1000 ISO, 2 C&D covers, 50 HP, 2 elites and 2 heroic tokens. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I'll send this to support and see what kind of response it gets. I don't expect them to individually investigate 5000 players and figure out exactly what every affected player might have lost in the outage, but if they come back and say "that's the breaks, have a heroic token", I'd be pretty disappointed. 
    I've already received this lazy response from CS:

"Please keep in mind that we cannot provide compensation for hypothetical rewards that might have been earned if the issue had not occurred. If you had lost items that were earned due to this issue, please let us know and we will investigate."

I'd like to know the justification for this. They expect people to pay REAL money to support this game, then at least have a little bit more respect to your paying customers and don't just brush aside a genuine request for compensation.
  • statnut
    statnut Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Sluggo said:
    Finally got in. I had T3 finishes on the first two days and was cruising to an easy T5 overall finish. Unable to start my final S2 clears, I finished T50 for the third sub and T20 overall for the event. 

I did the math and figured out the outage cost me roughly: 1000 ISO, 2 C&D covers, 50 HP, 2 elites and 2 heroic tokens. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I'll send this to support and see what kind of response it gets. I don't expect them to individually investigate 5000 players and figure out exactly what every affected player might have lost in the outage, but if they come back and say "that's the breaks, have a heroic token", I'd be pretty disappointed. 

"Please keep in mind that we cannot provide compensation for hypothetical rewards that might have been earned if the issue had not occurred. If you had lost items that were earned due to this issue, please let us know and we will investigate."

I'd like to know the justification for this. They expect people to pay REAL money to support this game, then at least have a little bit more respect to your paying customers and don't just brush aside a genuine request for compensation.

I fully expect to get this response from CS whenever the devs get around to fixing my game. I've been unable to login to my account correctly since the last update. It's been two weeks since I've last been able to play. We'll see how I'm compensated but I bet I get nothing and still lose whatever covers were sitting my queue.
  • smkspy
    edited September 2017
    I know that I was probably one of the few on the beneficial end of the outage, but common, even paying this was a blip on the radar. 

May they throw a few tokens our way, but kinda have to agree, asking for compensation for amounts to coulda woulda shouldas is kinda silly.

It's one event in a constant rotation of events. Throw 2 heroic tokens our way and call it a day, one optimal placement in a single pve isn't that big of a deal.

@Stantuh

Now yours is an entirely a different case and CS should definitely do everything to correct that. 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    no it is not a silly thing, or we also can say, if they give all players the 1st placement rewards, it will not effect them, after all it is just one PVE event 1st placement rewards to all players (no big deal).
  • TheLadder77
    smkspy said:
    I know that I was probably one of the few on the beneficial end of the outage, but common, even paying this was a blip on the radar. 

May they throw a few tokens our way, but kinda have to agree, asking for compensation for amounts to coulda woulda shouldas is kinda silly.

It's one event in a constant rotation of events. Throw 2 heroic tokens our way and call it a day, one optimal placement in a single pve isn't that big of a deal.
    I'm sorry, it is a big deal. When you pay for any service and it's not available, that's an issue. To then be brushed aside is unacceptable. The level of compensation is not the issue for me, it's the robotic "no hypothetical rewards" response that gets my goat. Which basically means tough luck, go away.

Be glad you got your rewards, well done. But don't belittle genuine concerns with how poorly CS and the company on general handles these things.
  • smkspy
    Lucifier said:
    no it is not a silly thing, or we also can say, if they give all players the 1st placement rewards, it will not effect them, after all it is just one PVE event 1st placement rewards to all players (no big deal).

Flip side, yeah, it is no big deal to give everyone whether they could actually have achieved that or not those rewards. But honestly, is this one pve screw up really gonna affect your progress in THAT much. Maybe it did for some, and if this was a regular thing, I would also be pissed. 

But boil it down and it is not. Things like this happen every once and a while, but there are far greater things to complain about than this...not swapping 5s in classics for example.

I wasn't expecting to hold on to a top ten placement even though I was trying for it, but I had fallen to below that, it really isn't worth the effort to beg CS to give some rewards I may or may not coukd actually have gotten.

That said, yeah, they should throw a couple of tokens or iso our way because we were affected. It is what any company that people pay for a product should do.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Sluggo said:

Same response I got 6 months ago when I experienced the exact same issue (ie locked out on the last day of an event).  At least they're consistent, I guess.

To be fair it's pretty hard to anticipate what you actually would have achieved.  That said, some sort of compensation that is actually worth something (ie not a couple piddly Elite tokens) would seem fair to me.  Doesn't cost them anything and might go a long way to appease some pretty disgruntled customers.
  • smkspy
    edited September 2017
    smkspy said:

I'm sorry, it is a big deal. When you pay for any service and it's not available, that's an issue. To then be brushed aside is unacceptable. The level of compensation is not the issue for me, it's the robotic "no hypothetical rewards" response that gets my goat. Which basically means tough luck, go away.

Be glad you got your rewards, well done. But don't belittle genuine concerns with how poorly CS and the company on general handles these things.

I agree there, the auto responses are unjustified. All I'm  saying is that we don't know how they will handle this, but of course, people are already jumping to "well I would have earned this, this, and that" give it to me now cause I pay money.

I pay money too, but a little restraint goes a lot further than auto-demanding cause of one server outage that rarely happens. 

And also not saying they shouldn't send something our way,cause any smart company would do that, but let's see what it is first before filing complaints about "oh, I lost top 5 cause your server crashed and ruined the game for going forward cause I missed out on a couple of covers!!!" 

Sometimes, just sometimes, you need to know the CS battles you need to pick and choose...I just don't think this is one of them.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    smkspy said:
    Lucifier said:

Flip side, yeah, it is no big deal to give everyone whether they could actually have achieved that or not those rewards. But honestly, is this one pve screw up really gonna affect your progress in THAT much. Maybe it did for some, and if this was a regular thing, I would also be pissed. 

But boil it down and it is not. Things like this happen every once and a while, but there are far greater things to complain about than this...not swapping 5s in classics for example.

I wasn't expecting to hold on to a top ten placement even though I was trying for it, but I had fallen to below that, it really isn't worth the effort to beg CS to give some rewards I may or may not coukd actually have gotten.

That said, yeah, they should throw a couple of tokens or iso our way because we were affected. It is what any company that people pay for a product should do.
    Imagine you are trying to build a 4*.  Or a 3* even, and suppose you do not have maxed covers on it.
    Now suppose that you played an event *specifically* to get a *specific* 4* or 3* cover.

Suppose that your play schedule is such that you do not regularly play a lot of MPQ, and that you specially rearranged your schedule so you would be free at the time an event completes.

What is insignificant to you may be significant to others.  Sort of like the phrase "Let them eat cake" - such might be said in good intent, after all if one does not like the price of bread, one can buy and eat other things (such as cake) in theory, and from one point of view that is certainly correct.  But if the issue is that bread is too expensive and cake is simply an unimaginable luxury, the phrase "Let them eat cake" can be considered inappropriate.

As to 5*s, since I don't have a stable of 5*s, I really don't care what happens with them.  But just because I personally don't give a flying fart about 5*s doesn't mean I don't understand they're rare and difficult to obtain, so swapping them out is nice for the players.

(Note:  Personally I stand to lose out on a 3* Daken blue cover from DDQ.  Which is quite annoying as my Daken is at 5/5/1, I will get a second blue cover from leveling a 2* Daken, and that DDQ would have provided the third.  I don't even know how long I would have to wait to get another 3* Daken blue, unless I spend CP, which I don't want to do, because 20 CP to me represents a 4* or better cover anyways (albiet random, even so).  So yes, I can certainly agree that the loss of a specific cover can be pretty annoying if it's one you DO WANT.)
  • TheLadder77
    smkspy said:
    smkspy said:

I agree there, the auto responses are unjustified. All I'm  saying is that we don't know how they will handle this, but of course, people are already jumping to "well I would have earned this, this, and that" give it to me now cause I pay money.

I pay money too, but a little restraint goes a lot further than auto-demanding cause of one server outage that rarely happens. 

And also not saying they shouldn't send something our way,cause any smart company would do that, but let's see what it is first before filing complaints about "oh, I lost top 5 cause your server crashed and ruined the game for going forward cause I missed out on a couple of covers!!!" 

Sometimes, just sometimes, you need to know the CS battles you need to pick and choose...I just don't think this is one of them.
    Where does restraint get you pal? It just allows you to be walked all over again.

There's no defence for their stinginess on these things for me. Server outages and that are going to happen, and that's fine. But please for the love of god, give out some proper compensation to people who get affected. And hell, for those that don't even. I think we actually agree on that.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    smkspy said:
    Lucifier said:

first this connection problem did not effected me at all, for PVE i am at slice 5 (not ended yet) for PVP i did not joined yet.

as you said it will not effect my progress or anyone else progress (except some special cases), then what is the big deal give all players a good compensation, why?
    because it shows respect, it shows how they treat their customers (especially for those who get effected by this problem, or for those who paid a lot of money in this game).

me and other 19 or so players were about to buy 1 stark salary, we all hold it, and I read some in the chat, saying they want to see first whats gonna happen about this issue.

i agree there are things in the game i wish to be changed (for me it is PVP progression rewards system), but i can not say this is their fault, it is how the game works (i hope it changed) but this is how the game is now.
    same as for 5*, this is how the game works right now, it is not a bug, not a connection problem, not their fault.

But boil it down and it is not. Things like this happen every once and a while,
    REALLY that is your excuse, things like this happen every once and a while, WOW (I am speechless)

it really isn't worth the effort to beg CS to give some rewards I may or may not coukd actually have gotten.
    mmmmmmmmm "beg" mmmmmmmmmm
    so if someone asks for his/her rights (by opening a ticket to the CS) this consider begging (again I am speechless).
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Jumping on the automation train, here's another response I've received before and again today: 
    "Unfortunately, due to the widespread nature of the issue described, we will not be able to offer compensation to players on an individual level. If there should be compensation for the issue described, than it will be given to players en mass and announced on the forums. We apologize for any frustration this has caused, but there is nothing more we can do to assist with this issue."

Novel idea. How about they, you know...STOP creating such widespread issues. Maybe cool it with all of these "updates" (downgrades). I feel like there needs to be actual customer service to complain about the customer service. Er, the robots, rather.