MPQ Server Outage -- September 14 2017 [Fixed] (merged threads)

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Got back in for about 5 minutes event finished and I was 12th by 300 points, so I would have placed top 10 without the power outage 

so id like at least one C and D cover as compensation 

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 said:
    Seems like the only fair thing here is to award everyone first place goodies for whatever they were signed up for, even if the game goes back online before the event ends.

It would be a great customer service win for d3.
    You must be new here ;)

If it's a very long outage, then we might get a (few) token(s), but that'll be it.
    I have been playing only for several months.

A business that alienates its customers will lose them.  There are plenty of other color match apps.

d3 is concerned at some level, they have conducted several surveys in my time.

At a minimum, if you end up unhappy about the resolution you need to fill out the next survey and say so.
    Outages don't happen too often, but they mess up everything in a time-sensitive game.

D3 tend to be very stingy and still believe a 4* is incredibly precious, so I don't expect to receive much if any compensation.
    Have a look around on the forum, you can see what we got the last time this happened.

And yes, there are other games, but if you've been building a roster for several years, the it's difficult to just abandon this game.

• suyerza
    suyerza Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I still have error "good news ! update available" but my game its updated
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Back in on Steam in UK.
  • buddhabear
    buddhabear Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    EDIT: Make that I thought I was back up. After the round I was unable to claim my rewards. 
  • mrb
    mrb Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I can finally open the app after 3 hours, but I'm locked out of the leaderboards. The hell?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I can get into the game and just finished a match in DDQ but it won't let me enter the Iso 8 brotherhood event in either slice. More than 10 tries. I need to be grinding for Iso dammit. I've got a 4cage dying on the vine.
  • Ruperty
    Ruperty Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I can open the game but can't get reward (network issue) then reward popup shown again and still the same error. Can't play the game...

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leaderboards still down.  Also can't access others' rosters.  Have not tried entering PVE yet....
  • Bigtone
    Bigtone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Finally back in. Had about 7 minutes left on a 4* cover that I needed to roster. Had to spend real cash for HP to roster it. Wouldnt had to if not for the outage.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    I can now connect using IOS 9.3.5, IOS 10.3.3 and Adroid 6.0.1, but just can't do anything on all three operating systems.
    Like if I try to join the PVP, it just brings me right back as if I didn't join.
    Or if I try to see the rewards for the next PVE, it says,  "Leaderboard error:  Cannot connect to the Leaderboards server.  Please try again later."

• Phillydee
    Phillydee Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Well, this totally messes lots of us up...Fun!
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    I was able to get in for a few minutes, but after a match I would get kicked, get back in, play a match, get kicked, and I can't get back in at all now.

Meanwhile, i was able to look at the leader board for is brotherhood briefly, and there are people at over 10000 points on an event that just started, while the other 950 players are at 0.

I really hope this gets fixed soon, but congrats to the players that are able to get in without issues.  They'll probably get the same compensation that those who actually got affected get.  So, Merry Christmas to them.

I'm not trying to sound salty, but it is upsetting.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Bigtone said:
    Finally back in. Had about 7 minutes left on a 4* cover that I needed to roster. Had to spend real cash for HP to roster it. Wouldnt had to if not for the outage.

Hahaha, I'm not sure "Whenever there are outages, I spend real money on the game!" is the route we want to go here, guy.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Bigtone said:
    I would've just taken a screenshot and contacted customer support. They can give out any reward required.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Finally got in. I had T3 finishes on the first two days and was cruising to an easy T5 overall finish. Unable to start my final S2 clears, I finished T50 for the third sub and T20 overall for the event. 

I did the math and figured out the outage cost me roughly: 1000 ISO, 2 C&D covers, 50 HP, 2 elites and 2 heroic tokens. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but I'll send this to support and see what kind of response it gets. I don't expect them to individually investigate 5000 players and figure out exactly what every affected player might have lost in the outage, but if they come back and say "that's the breaks, have a heroic token", I'd be pretty disappointed. 
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Experienced the same issue trying to join PVE event s2.8, it kicked me out 3x and make me enter again.  I forced closed and it finally let me join event.  So I would try that.  Force closing fixes almost everything or at least makes me feel better.

Same with rewards not being received, be patient and tap furiously :) 
  • suyerza
    suyerza Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I still have error "good news ! update available" but my game its updated Steam ....
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    Ehhh if not for that outage I would have been in top 50 so I'd get 150 HP and I just need those to buy a new roster space for the last 3* I'm missing (quicksilver).
    I have the card and it'll expire tomorrow, so yeah.. not a chance now :/
    Everyone in your slice are affected.?
    Thats not how it works. I was fighting for top 10 placement. Finsihed day 1 at 12th, day 2 at 8th or so. For this past event I did end grind in <30 minutes. If people started with 60/90 minutes left, and game went down 40 minutes later, big difference, right? Some people also just grind earlier, not worrying about super high placement. Thats why you can end your start grind at 8th, and by the end of the day you are at 40 something. If the last few hours were all closed out, the people who pushed the night before get a huge advantage. I went from T10 placement to 77 because i got 0 grind in for the end of day 3 because of this. Not happy. Funny enough my VIP ended today too. Think I'll skip renewing this month.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Started new story event. Cleared a bunch of nodes.

Comms link disrupted. So it isn't fixed.

Doesn't happen often so more bemused than annoyed. But if you could fix soon I'd appreciate it. Some of us have very small windows of opportunity to play :)