MPQ Server Outage -- September 14 2017 [Fixed] (merged threads)

Comments

• pcr42
    pcr42 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    If the server is down for all, there's nothing happening to all, right? Can't they just give extra time on all timers and only the people who have other things to do get hosed when the servers are running again? I ask as someone in s5, and therefore unaffected. 
    But it's not down for everyone, some people still have access.
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    Everyone should receive a CD cover for this.  

I never understand why the do updates on the ending days of events. It seems something like this happens more often than it should.

Why not just have a 3 day gauntlet when updates roll out and have season for PVE too.  Then once a month everyone gets to play, and update, at your own pace break.  Nothing is on the line and all can be tested before the new season.

• AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    "check internet connection" or some such message; tried restarting computer &c, doesn't work.  Can't get into game at all.  Event time running out.

Oh well, it is what it is, hopefully they will send out some ISO or something :D

(what with the ISO I'll lose on the PvE nodes, the HP I'll lose because I can't progress in the event, the ISO reward I'll lose because I'll progress in the event . . . etc.)
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited September 2017
    When will they ever learn??
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I blame Doc Ock, the server has finally broken down after loading his gut for the umpteenth time.
  • Act38
    Act38 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Always no connection...
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    There goes my train ride home MPQ session :(
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    pcr42 said:
    If the server is down for all, there's nothing happening to all, right? Can't they just give extra time on all timers and only the people who have other things to do get hosed when the servers are running again? I ask as someone in s5, and therefore unaffected. 
    But it's not down for everyone, some people still have access.
    This.  The server is not available on 2 of my devices, but my phone can still connect and play.  All three devices are connected through the same WiFi network, so that is not the issue...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad they are aware. Not a huge impact to me for Story Mode but I missed out on the last Lightning Round and making some S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator progress during lunch.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Working fine on my iPhone X, you need to all stop being cheap and upgrade.
  • romanpatafian
    romanpatafian Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Ehhh if not for that outage I would have been in top 50 so I'd get 150 HP and I just need those to buy a new roster space for the last 3* I'm missing (quicksilver).
    I have the card and it'll expire tomorrow, so yeah.. not a chance now :/
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    At the same time this went down, I started having issues with my FB. is this related to a hack on your end?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the same time this went down, I started having issues with my FB. is this related to a hack on your end?
    The game has been secretly running on Facebook servers all along. 
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Tony Foot said:
    Working fine on my iPhone X, you need to all stop being cheap and upgrade.
    u need to stop being cheap and buy me an iPhone

post a trolly post, get a trolly reply?  lol :p

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Finally got power back on after Irma... can't play MPQ. #FirstWorldProblems 

• Spirit04
    Spirit04 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    We're aware of the outage and working to get it back up and running. 

Sorry I don't have more info yet. 

Any update? Maybe you can throw an 8 hour shield on everyone while you sort this issue out?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mrw mpq is down during my play window