Who's The Boss?

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
What is your favourite Boss event...and who would you like to see as a future Boss?

Who's The Boss? 154 votes

Galactus Hungers
16%
loose5682IamTheBiggsGrizz875rubix_qubefrachrAnakarisRexHendrossdokiyudonomefooPunisher5784bycJarvindhopper1979motownjunkieCaptain_CarlmanRedLionCalnexinevade420DTrain514rg72 26 votes
Ultron
3%
ProfessorGumbyZootSaxNMANOZninio313madoctor 5 votes
Civil War
18%
DayvzonatahuntxKOBALTxMarkotdivounefmftintsteakleatherJangoLoreJoritStax the FoyerSteellatchOver__Flowmr_XDarqFeonixdudethtsawesomeBloody_Marveldave7099Screen MonkeyBobby_LishezReecoh 28 votes
Boss Rush...
9%
Kolenceatomzedcarrion_pigeonsj0natsjohnnyzerompqr7beyonderbubEdgemanhalirinDeadsiderMark70ChattyWhacker[Deleted User]murmit 14 votes
Kaecilius
5%
Blerghabmorazjackstar0MrCroaker64Team_WadeMarcSpector68turbomooseHistamieldupa31 9 votes
Thanos
17%
Dragon_NexusPorkBellyrixmithn33folsGrimSkaldMrBowersstatnutRodolfo78Meandern25phillywaywrethJaedenkaalkrak0DesertTortoiseStraycatMETT-T dependentWalrusGoonerAnonDAZ0273banner953 27 votes
Sinister Six
26%
SpoitTheVultureakboycesinnerjflelvy75CubRobTaganovDapperChewieGrumpySmurf1002wymtimeTiggidaArctic_Onerdvargas1Eric1985LLohmSTOPTHISOrionKannanXaOs72[Deleted User]biryon 41 votes
I hate Boss events
2%
drayviper32qandolsWumpushunterbryduck 4 votes

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos
    I wondered who is top of the Boss parade and who people think might make a groovy Boss event for the future.

I mentioned elsewhere about an Illuminati event but with Thor: Ragnarok upcoming it might be fun to have either a boss Surtur (maybe with some new flame demon minions) or a Planet Hulk style gladiatorial boss event, possibly with a system like Gauntlet leading up to a battle with "The Champ" (maybe a new 5* Thor?)

Anyway, looking forward to what the forum thinks.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus Hungers
    I like the gameplay mechanics of Galactus the best.  Any type of asymmetric gameplay is a nice change of pace.  I enjoyed Kaecillius as well, but the roster choice is far more limited there if you want your team to play an active offensive role.

I like your idea of a gladiator gauntlet with 5* boss Thor.  For future bosses, I could see Mandarin having some interesting mechanics with color play.  That's not going to happen because his movie spotlight has passed, and he's not exactly top-tier villainy.  Mephisto is a credible threat for a boss, but maybe a little boring.  I want to see Uatu the Watcher host a "What if?" boss battle.  He randomly swaps out a member of your team, or steals one of them to fight on his side. Turns the entire board into teamup tiles.  Puts Iron Man armor on Devil Dino.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Civil War
    it was a tie between civil war and Thanos.  I went with Civil War just because of the rewards.  Thanos was super fun with having to deal with the special tiles on the board.  They should bring more boss events like this.  
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Thanos
    I'd like to see a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants 7 day event. It would be similar to the set up of "Strange Sights", where you clear the nodes and fight a boss at the end of each day. Using an existing framework would make it easier. There would be a few changes though: sotryline/graphical representation (obviously) and you'd fight a different boss each day instead of the same one.
    Day 1: Boss Daken
    Day 2: Boss Quicksilver
    Day 3: Boss Scarlet Witch
    Day 4: Boss Magneto (3*, but a preview of things to come)
    Day 5: *New Character Alert* Boss 4* Sabretooth (beating Sabertooth will give 1 Sabretooth cover)
    Day 6: Boss Mystique (beating Mystique will give the 2 remaining color Sabretooth covers, giving him a 1/1/1 build)
    Day 7: *New Character Alert* Boss 5* Ultimate Magneto

After defeating Magneto on Day 4, everyone thinks the worst is over. Then Mystique creates a new Brotherhood and it gets worse. After defeating her, the Heroes find that Magneto was not beaten and has returned to destroy everything.

Here's the best part: Whenever a Hero (or villain) "dies" during the event, they are unavailable for the rest of the event. On Day 7, after completing all the nodes, the Boss fight will be against Ultimate Magneto, who is deserving of that title. He will have been thoroughly play tested and scaled to your roster strength. He will be tough to beat. He will NOT regenerate health after each attempt to beat him. Any Hero/Villain that "dies" during this battle will "die" on your roster, and will only be able to be unlocked (at any point) after the event ends for 1,000 HP. The reward for beating Ultimate Magneto? 1,000,000 ISO, 5,000 HP, 200 CP, and 3 (one of each color) Ultimate Magneto covers. 
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sinister Six
    I used to like kacelius the best, but that last run was just terrible
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's missing the Other option.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus Hungers
    I like Galactus the best. Sinister Six was decent, but the individual bosses were a bit too easy in my opinion; the only one that even had a chance of beating you without ridiculous luck was Carnage. Plus you could completely circumvent Ock's entire gimmick by just using Cho to punch out his Reactor tile, which took a lot of the fun out of it.

As for next boss I'd like to see Apocalypse or, if we're OK with obscure suggestions that will definitely never happen, the Phalanx.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos
    I enjoyed the last Thanos event. I'd like to see an event with Dormammu, Loki, God Emperor Doom or Red Skull.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Angela Bower
    Beat me by a minute!
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos
    I had an idea that might be interesting but would never happen due to it being an x-men character.  Sebastian Shaw as a boss.  He absorbs any attack put on him so the idea of the battle is that you can't damage him and whenever you attack he absorbs whatever color you match.  You have to get 30 of a specific color to beat him, but he has strong attacks that trigger if you fill any of his other colors.  So you not only have to hit a specific color but also use characters that steal AP to keep those powers from triggering all while trying to stay alive.  Just something a little different.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Kaecilius
    I chose Kaecilius simply because it is so different from anything else. 

I agree the last run wasn't great because of the reduced damage, but I am hoping that was just a bug.

-Croaker.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Sinister Six
    I voted Sinister Six. Aside from Carnage's infinite move shenanigans, I felt that it balanced difficulty with endurance the best of all the boss fights so far.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos
    Thanos due to the awesome rewards.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Kaecilius
    Kang the Conqueror.
    Equipped with a really cheap ability, that makes 2 ap Rags look slow, to regress a characters level by a perentage so it hits higher levels worse, or thier star rating for the duration of the battle. Purely, as I miss the posts about the game punishing 5* players. 

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I hate Boss events
    I hate boss events. They still scale poorly and put a lot of pressure on alliances. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Danza
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss Rush...
    I would like to do boss rush again but with improvements.

1) Setting AP to 0 between bosses is a fantastic improvement that they did with the Sinister Six run.
    2) Scaling should be way lowered for advanced players. The problem with many of the bosses in boss rush is that they would fill the board with a single color, leading to numerous matches that resulted in losses after just a few turns, with no possible strategy to avoid those losses.
    3) SCLs should be added to boss runs, so that advanced players get access to better rewards, like with regular PVE and PVP.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Kaecilius
    My favourite event is kacelius though it's a shame they downgraded the rewards unlike a lot of people I enjoyed the harder challenge this time around 

thoufh my my favourite boss to fight is galactus as he's so easy to beat with a 4* roster 

I'd like to have seen an xmen boss event for apocalypse but that will probably never happen 

an interesting boss event they could do is three waves and a last man standing battle where you start with 3 characters and then drop to two with a final 1v1 fight based on your clearance level 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Galactus Hungers
    I'd love to see apocalypse boss fight, or fing fang foom would be really cool