4* Gamora stun wonkiness

Spoit
Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
2 things I noticed while using Gamora during this buff week:

1. the additional random 1 turn stun on her blue is inconsistent. Sometimes it adds an extra turn to an already stunned secondary character (per the R143 update), but most of the time the stun pattern is just 3 on the target, with the other character having the same stun counter they had before the skill was cast.

2. There was a weird interaction with 5* Black Widow's counter stun, where the initial cast stunned one of the enemy teammates, and then BW's passive stunned Gamora back, which resulted in the extra 1 turn stun not being applied to a second enemy
Tagged:

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. The additional random one-turn stun should have no effect on already-stunned targets, as they, by definition, already have at least 1 turn of stun remaining. The recent update allowed random multi-turn stuns (like Reality Crush, say) to have their full effect against targets already stunned, so a 2-turn stun would be overwritten by the 5-turn random stun. It would NOT increase a 2-turn stun to 7 turns.

2. Guess you should hit BW with the targeted stun, then.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. The additional random one-turn stun should have no effect on already-stunned targets, as they, by definition, already have at least 1 turn of stun remaining. The recent update allowed random multi-turn stuns (like Reality Crush, say) to have their full effect against targets already stunned, so a 2-turn stun would be overwritten by the 5-turn random stun. It would NOT increase a 2-turn stun to 7 turns.
    I haven't tested it, but that was how I read the intent of that change as well.  It would be very weird to stack them, but a longer stun should overwrite a shorter remaining stun time.