Lockjaw Sound Effect Ignores Game Settings [Fix in R135]

Manther2651
Manther2651 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
Just happened on my phone. I fired the power "The Dog That Bit You" and the sound effect went off even though I have both volume controls in the game turned all the way down. 

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Confirmed. 
    Steam version also ignores mute functions and has Lockjaw barking at me through my speakers. 
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jeez, he bites, he barks all the time....at least he's house trained?
  • Stonar
    Stonar Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    This happened to me earlier, as well. Same power, on Android.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was just about to post this. holy **** D3 owes me a new pair of underwear. Thank God I wasn't wearing headphones!!
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd just be happy with all the sounds working when they're supposed to. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It takes special skill to code your own sound production system, completely ignoring what's already there.  Someone obviously thinks that their work on Lockjaw is way too good to be muted.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Can confirm from android :)
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    That bark IS too good to be turned off. All other sounds are guns, bombs, glass shatter and grunts. This is actually cute. Wish they made Lockjaw's design cuter as well.
  • razin_the_furious
    razin_the_furious Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Can confirm on iOS as well. Good thing the first time he did it at full phone volume was while I was in the bathroom at work. The person in the next stall must think I'm very unwell
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    This topic belongs in General Discussion. A fair warning to all before their phone starts barking in the middle of a meeting. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha. Revenge on all the "this game has sound?" posts
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a pretty simple mistake to explain.  The game has sliders for volume on music and sound effect volume.  Any sound file it plays needs to be properly categorized for its internal sliders to determine the final volume level sent to the device.  In this case, some or all of the new sound effects used for Lockjaw's powers did not get categorized correctly, and the game is sending them to the device at default level, to be played (or not) according to device volume/mute settings.

There's two things to fix:

1) updating Lockjaw's sound files is easy and they might even be able to do it in a daily data push.

2) they should probably change the game to make a default assumption for any non-categorized sound file to be arbitrarily treated as either effects or music.  Probably effects, since they add new music far less frequently than they do effects.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Per Anthony on Discord, it will require a platform release to fix the issue.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. This will be fixed in the upcoming R135 patch update.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably one of the few bugs I've ever enjoyed lol.
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    This scared the **** out of me while I was on a conference call at work! Thankfully no one noticed  :)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, just about jumped out of my chair the first time this happened..... Glad to see it's being fixed.....
  • nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Would request a new feature on characters for us to identify how to consider each character's sound files, so I can keep Lockjaw turned on and everything else turned off! (Effect, Music, or Default Sound)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    nbperp said:
    Would request a new feature on characters for us to identify how to consider each character's sound files, so I can keep Lockjaw turned on and everything else turned off! (Effect, Music, or Default Sound)
    Squirrel Girl's green's sound effect should also stay on.