PvE 4-star Essentials Tracking/Theory

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Really, anything with a Defenders reward wouldn't shock me. I'd put the odds pretty much at:

• 45% Coulson
    • 45% some Defender or combination of Defenders
    • 10% Sandman
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I don't know, Carol and Riri were the S6 boss battle rewards and yet still followed the predicted pattern (it was after all a massive MCU movie tie-in, I rather expected Gwen and Miles as rewards).

My money is on one of the latest twelve.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    ingame rewards show that it's just Coulson
  • DesertTortoise
    edited August 2017
    With Coulson's 2nd cover being a reward for The Hunt and Fist's 2nd cover looking like his progression reward I think it's safe to assume that we'll be getting the 2nd covers for T12B for awhile. C&D and Sandman are the next two up. I doubt they'll do three T12B's in a row so my guess is the next essential after Iron Fist is either Sandman or a Vintage. 

Strangely, T12B is right on the heels of T12A (separated by only 3 characters) so I wouldn't be too shocked if T12A were to flip, but that doesn't seem likely anymore now Sandman is as far away from the current season is Gamora/R&G were last season. 
  • Königsmacher
    edited August 2017
    There's no way they'll continue with T12B, for the reasons you pointed out. If anything, they'll go with T12A for at least two characters and then switch again.

I don't know, are we already due for another character again? Does El3ktra count as new release?
    Right now the next line up could look like this:
    vintage character
    Sandman
    Carol

EDIT:
    And we're straight to Sandman. It changes the established pattern of "two latest, one vintage", because now we have Coulson, Iron Fist and next up Sandman in a row, all latest characters. Maybe we get another vintage hero before Lockjaw gets added to the game next Thursday.
  • DesertTortoise
    edited August 2017
    Having Sandman's 3rd color being the projected next cover (when it should be his first) confuses me again. Since we have a release next Thursday that means it can't play out the way Gamora's would where the wrong cover looked to be issued but that's because two covers were awarded in a 7 day event.

@Königsmacher 5-star releases and 4-star releases are on totally separate calendars and only affect one another if they would have fallen on the same week. To date, we're averaging a 4-star every 21 days on the dot. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    naw the event after Sandman has Iceman featured and Deadpool VS MPQ which is a 4 day so I don't think Lockjaw is debuting yet
  • DesertTortoise
    naw the event after Sandman has Iceman featured and Deadpool VS MPQ which is a 4 day so I don't think Lockjaw is debuting yet
    I believe we got confirmation that Lockjaw is debuting September 7th. I expect Sandman essential, Iceman essential (for the release event) and Lockjaw essential. Sandman's yellow being the reward is really baffling. 
  • Königsmacher
    I wonder if having Iceman and Lockjaw as progression prizes after Sandman is enough of a time buffer to let them reward Vulture in the near future. It'd be a shame if they start over T12A before it's his turn.

• PresidentDoom2020
    I want a Vulture
  • elrak82
    elrak82 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Is there a PvP version of the list out there? For the 3 stars.   I'm trying to farm some lvl 266 3 stars but won't till their event passes.
  • Königsmacher
    edited September 2017
    Sneak peek update is here and we get Lockjaw next, no surprises here. But after Lockjaw are Cloak and Dagger in line. Didn't see them coming so soon around. And of course it's purple, their third colour. Goodbye reliable colour prediction, we hardly knew ye.

But having them in the mix raises the chances for Mr. Toomes to make an appearance before the T12A list starts over.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    well hey last time Cloak and Dagger were featured no one got covers because of the alliance event so it's about time they get featured properly
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Does anybody have any idea if Peggy will will be featured any time soon? I only need 1 cover to champ her, I have 2 covers expiring in 11 days and I'm saving CP to buy the last cover. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and I won't have to spend 120 cp on her.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anybody have any idea if Peggy will will be featured any time soon? I only need 1 cover to champ her, I have 2 covers expiring in 11 days and I'm saving CP to buy the last cover. I'm hoping I'll get lucky and I won't have to spend 120 cp on her.
    What's her build? Keep an eye on the Heroes for Hire store. If you've got 12 covers on her with some unusable ones expiring, you'll probably be a good candidate for an offer. 

The store just flipped to Ant-Man, so it might be two or three days before an offer appears. There's no guarantee you'll get an offer, but it wouldn't hurt to wait and see. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    so what should the upcoming list look like after Cloak and Dagger?
  • DesertTortoise
    My guess for the next few events are

• Lockjaw 2
    • C&D 3
    • Vulture 1
    • R&G 3
    However, I've got a funny feeling that we're due a 7-day event pretty soon after Lockjaw's essential. I could see C&D as an essential being a 7 day event that makes up for their unrewarded cover (yellow should have been a prize when they were instead an alliance event essential). Also gives more breathing room for Vulture, who is still fairly new but is next in line for his group. If the 7-day event happens, I'd put the chances that R&G get bumped back for a vintage at about 50/50. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope you're right about R&G. I just missed out on champing them last time. Would love to finish them off. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    I would love it if C&D were in a 7day because then I'd be 1 cover away from champing
  • Königsmacher
    Interesting idea with the seven day event. It's been some time since ISO-8 Brotherhood was run, this could be the one...