Medusa Purple (Hair Meddle) sometimes fails to steal tiles [Devs aware]

2»

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, I talked with the test team and it appears that they're having problems reproducing the issue described. Can you please provide me with some more information so I can give this to the test team again for reinvestigation?

Please describe the problem as detailed as possible, and make sure to include your Medusa (Inhuman Queen)'s level and her Hair Meddle power level. Also, please include your teammates, the enemy team, and what type of tiles she failed to steal. Lastely, if possible, please provide a screenshot of the issue after it occurred and point out which of the tiles it had failed to steal after the switch.

Afterwards, I'll relay this information to the test team to try and reproduce it again.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those are... oddly specific conditions regarding this issue, but the report does contain the information we needed to test, and our test team was able to confirm the report. Thank you for providing the in depths detail about your encounter, it was very helpful for our team to pinpoint the problem. I'll add it to the list now.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Blindman13 -- kudos on figuring that one out!  Seriously, that's some impressive bug sleuthing.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Does this also affect tiles that are not swapped, but fall down into a spot that was swapped (after the cascades), then get stolen?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tombstone said:
    Those are... oddly specific conditions regarding this issue, but the report does contain the information we needed to test, and our test team was able to confirm the report. Thank you for providing the in depths detail about your encounter, it was very helpful for our team to pinpoint the problem. I'll add it to the list now.
    It's not actually that uncommon on boards with lots of special tiles. Hair Meddle is pretty likely to cause at least one match, and when the board is full of special tiles, some of them are bound to fall.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have always been at war with order of operations.  ;)

This presents a far more unlikely second case: if a special tile that did not get moved by the power falls into the position of one that did, that tile would probably get stolen instead.  What would happen if an already-friendly special tile landed there?  Nothing?  Would it get a strength increase?  Would it get a strength increase and have its ownership flipped to the enemy team?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this also affect tiles that are not swapped, but fall down into a spot that was swapped (after the cascades), then get stolen?
    Not sure, but I did have an incident today where the shuffle made a green match, and enemy Daken created a Strike on one of the tiles that had been swapped, and it was then stolen, even tho it wasn't on that tile at the time it was swapped.