** Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine) ** [PRE 2014-09]

Comments

• re: someguy's question,

I used to always pair my 2* Wolverine with Daken, it was a very effective combination (and I assume OBW would be a fine complement). However, with the changes to Wolverine's regen ability it may not be so great anymore, because Wolverine's regen now requires destroying yellow tiles, which can lead to Daken's 'heat' kicking in.
  • As a thought, maybe Daken's third ability should be a passive that's a mix between Moonstone and OBW skills.

Yellow (passive):
    Daken's rage sometimes gets the better of him at the risk of his own life. Any time yellow tiles are matched, it deals x damage per Red tile on the board.

Rank 1: Only base red tiles are counted.
    Rank 2: Damage is increased by 15%
    Rank 3: Damage is increased by 15%
    Rank 4: Counts all red tiles.
    Rank 5: Damage on tiles with a strike symbol is doubled.
  • Is there something special about having a level 69 Over 85 Daken, every roster I've randomly gone through or fight I've had with Daken in a PvP event has a 69 Daken, it's been like a 8:1 ratio of 69 to 85 Dakens? I'm genuinely curious as someone oh wants to build a Daken to compliment my Ares.
  • Either you are a hardcore noob or a troll.

Dakken is a 2* with 2 skills. He caps at lvl 69. You've never seen a lvl 85. Did you even try to research this on your own? I am thinking troll.
  • the hulk event is going on so he maybe basing his encounters off that.
  • I haven't seen much opinion on how Daken and 2* Wolverine compare, after W's nerf. As a player with a maxed Daken and a nearly maxed W, I find Daken's heal superior now, and his green ability tolerable / superior(!).

My thought on green might depend on my strategy with him and W, though. Everyone knows a Dak attack is about half a W. But with W, I would match 6 green, then meticulously match every red I could, and *then* use claws. With Dak, it was fire and forget. Damage ramped up as fast as I could match green; no red matching required.

With yellow being automatic heals, rather than having to spend a move matching, I was getting consistently good performance out of Daken in tournaments.

In other news, Daken's absolutely insane when Hulk is present - on either side. Every hit on Hulk seems to trigger Anger, which converts to green tiles, often matching, leading to red attacks... I see Phaserhawk mentioned this in the Hulk thread. ...It's kinda fun. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Rarre28 wrote:
    the hulk event is going on so he maybe basing his encounters off that.
    That's the best guess. It was a fair question/ But it matters not. some people just need to put down others to feel "superior". It will pass.

Dakken is a 2* with 2 skills. He caps at lvl 69. You've never seen a lvl 85. Did you even try to research this on your own? I am thinking troll.

Considering there is no other 2* with 2 skills for me to compare him to other than Bullseye, which I haven't seen anyone bother to level, I didn't know this. I did know it for the 3* characters though. No need to be so hostile.

Considering there is no other 2* with 2 skills for me to compare him to other than Bullseye, which I haven't seen anyone bother to level, I didn't know this. I did know it for the 3* characters though. No need to be so hostile.

You guys take things so personally. There was no hostility in any if my statements. Simply seemed like a question that could have been answered a billion times over by taking 10 minutes in the character discussion forum.
  • Daken is good despite being capped at 69. It's typical to get +200 damage from tile matches. I use him very frequently. He's zero maintenance. I should prolly track total damage he does for me one of these days.

I usually take advantage of powered up characters running a solo show. Rather than use characters to share/steal the spotlight, I run characters like Daken or Hood to amplify them.
  • Daken is a 2* with 2 skills. He caps at lvl 69.

That's all you had to say, instead of being a ****.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Daken is a 2* with 2 skills. He caps at lvl 69.

That's all you had to say instead of being a *****.

You guys take things so personally. There was no hostility in any if my statements. Simply seemed like a question that could have been answered a billion times over by taking 10 minutes in the character discussion forum.

Either you are a hardcore social recluse or a troll.

I am thinking troll.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:

What's the matter, you can give it but not take it? Treat people with respect and you'll get the same. Not everyone knows as much about the game as a lot of us here do, so how about just being helpful instead of calling people noobs or trolls.

Hostile have been the wrong word, condescending seems like a better fit.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:

What's the matter, you can give it but not take it? Treat people with respect and you'll get the same. Not everyone knows as much about the game as a lot of us here do, so how about just being helpful instead of calling people noobs or trolls.

I made the statement I thought someone is a troll. Your are the **** that comes in name calling and instigating things.

Which 1 is really trolling?
  • Do we think Daken will ever get a third power and an 85 cap? Could they do that without unbalancing the prologue?
  • I made the statement I thought someone is a troll. Your are the **** that comes in name calling and instigating things.

You are, it's hilarious you don't even see that.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I made the statement I thought someone is a troll. Your are the **** that comes in name calling and instigating things.

You are, it's hilarious you don't even see that.

I was perfectly within reason to question his motives. You can find the info he was looking for quite easily. You go to the character discussion forum and there is pages of info. You go in game and click on any character and it tells you the characters level cap right away. It seems to me it was more likely a troll thread than anything. If it isn't then obviously he is a very big noob. It's not an insult. Everyone goes through a noob stage. Everything I said is logically based and if any1 took offense by it then that's their own fault for taking it out of context. If they did, I apologize that wasn't my intention.

When you came into the conversation however this had already been brought up Nd as far as I could see had been dropped. You came into a dead scene and sparked it back up directly attacking me. After that you continue trolling me and trying to spark what you believe to be further irritation and outrage from me when I've never became angered in the slightest. Continue trying to troll if you want. You aren't gonna get anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.