The Eternal Question: Which 4* Next?

Options
Zyrook
Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
I'm getting closer. Just 14 4*s un-champed. Slowly but surely I'm champing them faster than they're released. But now I have 9 covered 4*s and I'm struggling to decide who to do next.

Fury, Fantastic, Quake, Falcap, Kate, Sandy, Howard, and Drax. Not exactly first draft picks. I've heard good things about Quake and I like Kate's damage output, even if it's a little overpriced. I could use Mr. Fantastic in the troll team with Medusa and Carnage. And I haven't really given Drax a hard look since his retooling. Fury is low on my list, but I just pulled a cover for him, so there's that. Howard's a joke, but I'm still considering him over Sandman.

The real rub is I've got both Warmachine and R&G at 12 covers, so I could save up my CP and get their 12th cover by the time I've got the ISO to champ them.

So, between these 11 characters, who is the best option? Should I bank ISO and CP to get Rocket & Groot, since they're probably the best of the 11, go for Fury since I have a cover waiting, or double back for one of the older characters?

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Zyrook/ Full roster, for those who want to see it.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I enjoy Kate when she is boosted. She can do some crazy damage for 4* tier and it's fairly easy to give her support to speed up. Quake is useful as well - nice AOE, plus serious aoe denial with tile removal/board shake. Getting her championed doesn't change much (best skills are level independent) but without it she won't see the light of day when you have 40 4* championed.

The best of the ones you mention is R&G but since you miss the cover you might as well champion somebody else while you wait. He was just boosted so he can now wait a while for another chance to shine. 

I would flip a coin between Kate and Quake (check which one is supposed to be boosted soon if that helps)

The others mentioned are super low on my lists. Even when championed they don't see play at all. The only * is that you have a cover for Fury so you would get an extra LT.

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't know, but have we forgotten how reasonable Fantastic's upgrade was, and how he is a key part of one of the more annoying PVP teams out there (Medusa/Carnage/Fantastic)? There aren't many defensive PVP teams out there that cause stronger teams to take pause, but this seems to be one of them (between the guaranteed damage and lengthy animations, they're more trouble than they're worth much of the time).

Sure, he's slow, but we're really talking about edges here. Kate and Quake are good, but you have better top-tier champs aplenty, so another one doesn't do much.

To me, the choice would be between Fantastic and waiting for R&G. However, I think @Magic makes a good point that champing somebody today doesn't prevent champing R&G tomorrow.

My 2 cents; I still have 24 unchamped 4*, so you're further along than I am...

• Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the input. After being stomped a couple of times by Rocket/Gamora/Medusa teams in the sim I've seen just how nutty Rocket's passive is, so definitely champing him first before they nerf that.

But I think my current to-champ order is going to be R&G, Kate, Mr. Fan, Quake, assuming I don't get Yondu or Mockingbird up to snuff by then. I like Kate's damage output, and Mr. Fan is now part of a serious defensive team. I feel like I missed the boat on Quake though, seeing how AoEs don't really dominate the 4-5 scene the way they did when she first came out. Now it's about special tiles and single target nukes.

I ended up scraping the Fury token. I feel like until they re-tool him he'll be sitting with Howard and Sandman at the bottom of the list. That just leaves Falcap and Drax sitting in the middle. Poor Falcap, I like him but he got a slight nerf with the repeater tile change, and lets face it he was middling of the road before the downgrade there. And Drax... maybe next time he's required I'll figure out how he's supposed to play.