5 Stars: Impossible!

MissoesRicRose
MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
it's impossible to get a 5 ***** character.
The percentage should be close to zero. The way to achieve a 5 ***** should be reevaluated.

***Condensing posts and removing non-English post as posting in anything other than English is against the rules - Ducky

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    You should hoard latest tokens until you have at least 260 pulls (better at least 300) and then pull all at once to max the latest 5*s. Give up on any classic 5*s that need more than 2 covers. I agree it is not a very good system 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoard your tokens and wait again for them to "accidentally" increase the odds.... or as previously stated just hoard until you have at least 300 (or even 400, 500 or more) pulls.

Currently, with Latests, you can exchange, so if you pull 13 Latests, but there are dupes, you can get it fixed. You can't currently do that with Classics, so only pull Classics if you are board of hoarding and are okay with probably not pulling a 5* (or pulling a useless 5* dupe).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are far too rare that is for sure, especially drawing from classics. Took me from the time phoenix was released to August 19th of this to get her at 13 covers. Sadly my next two highest are only cap at 11 and banner at 10 covers. 

It's a long and winding road through classics, glad I follow the "finish each tier model before moving to the next" method.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, definitely not impossible. I'm by no means a whale - haven't bought anything but VIP in 6 months at least - and I got three championed which I ended up selling, and I currently have Banner covered and Widow at 4/4/4. 

The odds in Classics do need addressing, though. 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recommend ignoring the 5* tier entirely. Once you go there you have no choices in PvP, and if you're chasing PvE victory the whales have you beat for the 1% of prizes that matter, anyway.  Just think of them like an idle hobby.

Works for me, at least. I may not be able to hit 1200 consistently or take T5 without dropping a few SCLs, but I enjoy the game on those terms.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Impossible you say. Funny how so many people seem to have them.
  • razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    If you can't have them it's because you are not prepared to...
    When you get to the point that you have all 3*, 2* and 80% of the 4* champed, I'm sure you will get enough resources to be able to complete 5*...
    No money required, but takes time and effort, also knowledge about how this game really works...
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    You should hoard latest tokens until you have at least 260 pulls (better at least 300) and then pull all at once to max the latest 5*s. Give up on any classic 5*s that need more than 2 covers. I agree it is not a very good system 
    I just need 13 covers per each classic 5* char (and iso), OPS 13 is more than 2 :smile:
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:
    I just need 13 covers per each classic 5* char (and iso), OPS 13 is more than 2 :smile:
    There are currently 14 5* in Classic tokens. You have a 15% chance of pulling any of those 14, which means a 1.07% chance of pulling a specific 5*. In order to get 13 covers of that specific 5*, you need about 1215 Classic tokens (not taking Bonus Heroes into account). Which is about 24300CP. Oh, and that assumes all 13 covers fall perfectly, i.e you don't get any dupes.

so yes, "just" 13 covers.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Some have more luck, and some just need to do 30+ pulls before they get a 5*. So some probably think the pull rates are OK, while others have a different view on it. (I remember seeing a video of someone averaging about one or two 5*s for every 10 legendary pull.) 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kjempen said:
    Some have more luck, and some just need to do 30+ pulls before they get a 5*. So some probably think the pull rates are OK, while others have a different view on it. (I remember seeing a video of someone averaging about one or two 5*s for every 10 legendary pull.) 
    At a 15% pull rate, it is about 1/7 pulls that would give a 5*.  But of course, no guarantee.  Or streak breaker.

And as BlackBoltRocks illustrates, the current Classic rates make it impossible for a person starting from 0 covers to expect to cover a 5* (barring spending thousands of dollars), especially considering that a new one further dilutes the pool every 8 weeks on average.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Kjempen said:
    well the odds now for LT 5* pull is 1:7, so one for every 10 (is bad luck), 2 for every 10 (is good luck). as average i would say it is normal to get between 1 to 2 5* from every 10 pulls.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I'm one of those annoying people who gets a really good pull rate, and doesn't particularly want it. Yesterday I pulled 2 Latest Legendaries and 3 Classics. I got 3 5*s from those 5 pulls, including my 7th for Panther, his second in less than a week.

That's not to say that the acquisition rates for 5*s aren't broken - they are - just that for every unlucky soul who goes weeks without pulling a useful 5* cover, there will be someone like me tripping over the blinking things.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    Do as I do, 
    don't care!

I don't wanna play the frustrating 5* game and any 5* I accidentally come across is immediately sold for ISO-8.
    For me, the 5* part of Marvel Puzzle Quest is so broken I'm pretending it doesn't exist.

Also the 5* characters in the game aren't cool and groundbreaking enough to put all this frustration and time into.

I am now playing the 4* game - which also is my end-game. When done with my 4* game, I'm done with Marvel Puzzle Quest. IF - if they haven't changed the odds for 5* by then.

The few 5*s I have sold won't every feel like a huge loss if I eventually reconsiders to do the 5* thing after all.

I'm having fun in 4* land,
    5* players doesn't seem to have fun. 
    Fight me on that statement?
    Don't listen to all of the complainers on the forums.

I recently champed my first 5* (Silver Surfer) after pulling a 14th cover for him from classics, another thing you'd think was impossible from this forum.  I was afraid it would make PVP much more difficult, but it hasn't.  It has opened up options for me in both PVE and PVP.

You shouldn't level up 5* you won't use, but don't sell the covers for 2k ISO.  Roster them, and if you're still playing the game a year or two from now I'm sure you'll be happy you kept them.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Its not impossible, dude. Just hoard for 2-3 months...  it works.