An unpopular opinion on characters.

Options
Sabintribal
Sabintribal Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
I feel like I'm the only one sick of seeing rehashes of old characters in new tiers.  I get that this is a business and that Marvel has a say in blah blah blah.  But I'm so friggin fed up of seeing character after character after tinykitty character from the current flavor of the month movie or tv show.  Considering the release schedules (of movies, tv shows, AND new characters) there is literally no other time to release any character that ISN'T cross-promotional that way.  Can't we have something that's not cross-promotional?  I've stopped holding my breath for new X-Men characters a long time ago, and I feel like at least asking for some variety isn't asking for the moon.

**Removed profanity - Ducky

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like I'm the only one sick of seeing rehashes of old characters in new tiers.  I get that this is a business and that Marvel has a say in blah blah blah.  But I'm so friggin fed up of seeing character after character after tinykitty character from the current flavor of the month movie or tv show.  Considering the release schedules (of movies, tv shows, AND new characters) there is literally no other time to release any character that ISN'T cross-promotional that way.  Can't we have something that's not cross-promotional?  I've stopped holding my breath for new X-Men characters a long time ago, and I feel like at least asking for some variety isn't asking for the moon.

**Removed profanity - Ducky
    If they released a whole string of non-variant characters who weren't X-Men, would that be fine? (Mandarin, Rhino, Abomination, A-Bomb, Black Cat, Odin, etc...) Or are you really just wanting X-Men characters?
  • Sabintribal
    Sabintribal Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    At this point I'm not even picky
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Unpopular"? Really? 
    This might be your first day here, so welcome!
    The only people who want more variants before new characters ate mostly the devs. 
    Aside from some badly-illustrated characters, most people want less variants, more unique
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'd be surprised how popular tie-in characters are with the player-base at large. As soon as Joe or Jane Average finish streaming the Defenders, or come home from Spider-Man: Homecoming, they're on the Apple or Google app store searching for games related to those characters.

While Rogue, Nightcrawler, or Black Cat may please us forumites and hardcore Marvel fans to no end - they've already got us hooked. The fact is, if you examined the search data in these app stores you'd see that Marvel's TV and Film properties are driving people's interest.

Welcome to the minority.