How is everyone making 30k+ ISO a day?

13»

Comments

• Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    oh thanks, i am getting it (i just did not know it called intercepts), but never saw 2k iso, but i saw the 100 HP (and others).

oh no way it is 20 rewards/day noooooooooo way, way less

it feels as an average you get 1 / each node in the pve (so about 9/day)
    also getting it from boss event, yeah but never from versus, will be great if we can get it from VERSUS as well.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lucifier said:
    oh thanks, i am getting it (i just did not know it called intercepts), but never saw 2k iso, but i saw the 100 HP (and others).

oh no way it is 20 rewards/day noooooooooo way, way less

it feels as an average you get 1 / each node in the pve (so about 9/day)
    also getting it from boss event, yeah but never from versus, will be great if we can get it from VERSUS as well.
    I can't recall if I've ever received one after a Versus battle, but I do know I've received them after doing nodes on the DDQ also
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never formally tracked my stats for these rewards, but I feel pretty confident saying that when they were first introduced, they were much, much closer to that 20 number. Probably more like at least 15 per day on average. The 2000 ISO reward was also much more frequent.

It's never been officially confirmed, but most players who've had them from the start would probably agree there's been a stealth nerf to them, both in overall frequency and especially the 2000 ISO.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Been playing for 145 days already, used to have the same problem but I didn't bother much and just casually play through. Upgrading ISO is not that important.

Power damage remains the same unless it relies on tile damage to determine the power's damage. I just focus on one character at a time. Eventually when I championed a couple of characters, iso become redundant till I get a cover to upgrade regular characters.

Now I got enough to fully upg any character I got lots of cover of and still remain more for another person.

i still don't even earn 30k per day?
    that sounds odd, maybe because I'm doing story events at low level hence earning less...

anyway, it's covers I'm looking forward to.
    :)

already maxed two characters. Any suggestions what to do with extra covers of the same character?
    or just sell it?
  • DarthDeVo
    Vold said:
    Been playing for 145 days already, used to have the same problem but I didn't bother much and just casually play through. Upgrading ISO is not that important.

Power damage remains the same unless it relies on tile damage to determine the power's damage. I just focus on one character at a time. Eventually when I championed a couple of characters, iso become redundant till I get a cover to upgrade regular characters.

Now I got enough to fully upg any character I got lots of cover of and still remain more for another person.

i still don't even earn 30k per day?
    that sounds odd, maybe because I'm doing story events at low level hence earning less...

anyway, it's covers I'm looking forward to.

already maxed two characters. Any suggestions what to do with extra covers of the same character?
    or just sell it?
    Yeah, if you're only 145 days in, don't expect to be pulling down 30K a day. A fair amount of that comes from champ rewards, and yes, playing competitively at high level SCLs.

I'm guessing that you mean you've maxed two 2* characters at Level 144? A lot of people (myself included) do what's called farming, which is essentially recycling all the 2* characters (except Bagman, since his covers are so limited).

Once a character is maxed, I collect as many of their covers as I can in two weeks before the first one expires. For instance, I have eight Moonstone covers in my queue right now, with the first one expiring in about two days. 

When the first one is close to expiring, I'll sell my Moonstone that's at Level 144 for 65K ISO and 125 HP, then immediately reroster her with the expiring cover and add the other ones. 

Ideally, you'll earn enough covers in that 2 week span that you can reroster and immediately champ that character. That probably won't happen for me in this instance, so I'll keep adding characters to the dupe until I can rechamp her. Then you get to reap a whole new set of champ rewards. 

Others have varying ways of doing this. Some just roster a dupe and always leave a version of the 2* character at 144. Some sell and reroster as soon as they get one extra cover. You need to experiment and find what works best for you. 

You do lose some ISO overall doing this (about 8K, I believe), but most people agree that it's worth it to get the HP, CP, 3* covers and tokens that come with it. 
  • Lucifier
    DarthDeVo said:
    You do lose some ISO overall doing this (about 8K, I believe), but most people agree that it's worth it to get the HP, CP, 3* covers and tokens that come with it. 
    i don't think you lose iso, i think you win about 7k iso (don't know the exact number), unless you mean don't champ a new 2* char and just sell the new 2* cover (which is 63 cover needed to maxed 2* char).
    maxed 2* sell for 65k iso, and there is 17.5k iso rewards during champ leveling up so total is 82.k iso

• DarthDeVo
    Lucifier said:
    DarthDeVo said: 
    i don't think you lose iso, i think you win about 7k iso (don't know the exact number), unless you mean don't champ a new 2* char and just sell the new 2* cover (which is 63 cover needed to maxed 2* char).
    maxed 2* sell for 65k iso, and there is 17.5k iso rewards during champ leveling up so total is 82.k iso

You get 65K for selling, but it costs ~73K to go from Level 15 to Level 94 in the dupe + the champ fee. And you do get some of that back with the champ rewards, but you also have to factor in the fact that you would be getting 250 ISO per cover from Level 94 to Level 144 + the 13 covers you needed for the dupe in the first place. 

Like I said, you lose a small amount overall, but most feel it's worth it to do it. 
  • Lucifier
    yeah i already mentioned the 63 covers needed to open new 2* char till full champed char, and i agree as overall you loss some iso (as comparison), but you gain other things, you were right.

i like to do math, so:

1-  2*char full champed cost ~73k.
    2- can be sold for 65k iso (and 125 HP).
    3- we also get 17.5k iso (from leveling a 2* champ char rewards).
    4- we also get 250HP, 5 cp, 3 3* covers, 5 heroic tokens.

so overall the difference will be:
    selling 63 2* covers =  15.75k iso (lets say 16k iso)
    full champ 2* char (and sell it) will get us = 65k + 17.5K - 73K = 9.5k iso (lets say 9k iso)

as only from iso perspective we are losing 7k iso (in full champ/sell process), but we are also getting (375HP, 5 cp, 3 3* covers, 5 heroic tokens).

so which have more value to a certain player is it 7k iso, or "375HP, 5 cp, 3 3* covers, 5 heroic tokens"

also we can think of other rewards as iso (not accurate math tho):

3 3* covers = 1500 iso
    5 cp = 25% of 4* = 250 iso
    5 heroic token = 4 2* covers and 1 3* cover = 1500 iso
    375 (lets say 400 HP) = 4 times daily pull = 3 2*covers and 1 3* cover = 1250 iso

total additional iso will be = 4.5k iso (nope not good, better not to sell these).
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Shuino said:

Any chance I'm missing something or is this just how the game goes now? I played at launch for about 250 days but quit after the huge nerf to Rags and GSBW but I never remember being this starved for ISO playing back then.
    Not missing anything, just part of the game.  It's really relative to your progress in MPQ.  I'm on day 1200+ and my ISO flow is good enough that I can champion a 3* in about 4-5 days, a 4* in about 9-10 days and a 5* in about 11-12 days.  

One tip that will result in fast and easy ISOs are the LRs.  Hit then right at the start and you can get up to 10 matches with just seeds.  Don't use boost or anything. Just hit those seeds.  Between the covers, the ISO and the XP, you'll accumulate lots of ISO. 

Also, if you are just now just starting to champion your 3*, it's time you start thinking of flipping your 2*.  Once you max champ one, rebuild another one and flip as soon as you fully cover the second one.

Finally, if you can do 6x on PvE, do it.  That's 90 XP every day that helps climb those SCL.
  • Vold
    edited August 2017
    Woah too much math, lol

thanks for the advice all the same.

I got
    12x 2* champions (2x maxed)
    7x 3* Champions

im just glad to be able to do this in 144 days
    without micro transactions.

makes the game worth it to be rewarded with plain effort alone.

may one day buy some HP, who knows.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vold said:
    Woah too much math, lol

thanks for the advice all the same.

I got
    12x 2* champions (2x maxed)
    7x 3* Champions

im just glad to be able to do this in 144 days
    without micro transactions.

makes the game worth it to be rewarded with plain effort alone.

may one day buy some HP, who knows.

Don't worry, you'll hit the brick wall once you start champing 4* characters and realize they cost 3 times as much as a 3*.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    As much as I complain about this game, I always come back around to the fact that I find the basic Puzzle Quest game to be fun and addicting. That was true in 2*-land, it was true in 3*-land, and it's true now in 4* land. 

The transitions are a... well, let's just say they're difficult. While it seems like you're moving into 3* land efficiently, you'll reach a point where you'll either run short of ISO or you won't champ all of them. And, no matter how much ISO you have today, it won't be enough when you move to 4*. But, when it seems frustrating, just remember that you're here because of what I said at the top. 

If you play PVE to max progression, you'll always see your roster improve. That's what counts.

• Vold
    Bowgentle said:
    Don't worry, you'll hit the brick wall once you start champing 4* characters and realize they cost 3 times as much as a 3*.
    I look forward to it. :)

So far only got five 4*
    with the rate i'm getting their covers, I think the ISO supply should be fine.