Divine Champions Mar 07 - Mar 09

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hated this event. Some of the most annoying characters to face in the entire game, all buffed. Ugh. Might use my Level 50 Loki to farm some ISO but that's about it.
  • Looks like the mechanics are a traditional 3 node event with all the mentioned characters boosted.

HOWEVER, it looks like there is a big shakeup on the reward structure. At a quick glance, it looks like ISO has increased a fair amount, especially at the top, but people transitioning to ** get screwed a bit. Rather than getting 3 ** covers you only get 1. As someone who is only going for 3 stars now, It doesn't effect me much but I'm curious to see if this new reward structure sticks and if it is does, how it affects the metagame.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2014
    Seems they have changed top placement rewards slightly. Top 5 is the same but now you get 2500 ISO instead of 250 (hopefully not a typo). Now only top 6 - 10 will get two covers and rest of the top 50 will get one cover (with less iso and hp for top 26 - 50). Before it was top 6 - 15 get two covers and rest of the top 45 get one cover.

EDIT: Also just one cover for ** star rewards (classic storm) on every rank. Maybe an error?
  • I really loathe this event. I'd take Thick and Thieves again over this. icon_e_confused.gif
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Ooh Iron Man covers again. Not looking forward to running this event. I hate facing Ares and my best hero out of the bunch is Classic Storm who doesn't really fit well with my other usual team members. I'll give it a go though so since I'd really like to have Iron Man as one of my mains.
  • I really hope that 1 c.Storm reward is an error and gets fixed quickly.
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I really hope that 1 c.Storm reward is an error and gets fixed quickly.

It's gotta be. There's really no reason for them to make 2* rewards work that way compared to 3*s. If it is true that's just silly. I think it's really smart of them to start tossing more ISO our way. With all the new heroes they keep throwing at us we're going to need to see more and more of it coming our way.
  • poomermon
    Red X-Force Wolverine + next rewards

2-5
    3x Ironman 40 - 2500 ISO - 100hp

6-10
    2x Ironman 40 (Yellow and blue) - 2500 ISO - 100hp

11-25
    1x Ironman 40 (Blue) - 2500 ISO - 100hp

26-50
    1x Ironman 40 (Blue) - 1500 ISO - 50hp

51-100
    1x Classic storm (Green) - 1500 ISO - 50hp

101-150
    1x Classic storm (Green) - 1000 ISO - 25hp

151-200
    1x Classic storm (Green) - 500 ISO

201-250
    Standard x3 - 250 ISO

251-300
    Standard x2 - 250 ISO

301-400
    Standard x1 - 250 ISO

401-500
    250 ISO

Progression rewards seem normal

Thor (red) at 700
    Ragnarok (Green) at 1200
    Invisible woman (Yellow) at 1400
  • Also with the increased iso it looks like amount of HP is being reduced for most ranks as well.
  • Ooh, higher ISO payouts for placing high, and a reward I don't have to sacrifice babies for! Only need IM40's blue to cover-max mine, thankyou based D3 for not punishing me yet again for selling my Thor. \[T]/
  • poomermon
    Characters seem to be buffed by about 50% so it is not going to as ridiculous as last time. Only 7800 hp Thor and Ares this time around.
  • Nodes are better this time.

I have no use for rewards. Initiate tanking.
  • M. Storm + Loki + Patch = ISO farm.
  • The 2* reward change will make progressing much more difficult now... Unless people are using their mmr to skip to 3*. I know I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't intentionally place in the 2* range to get x3 OBW covers ages ago.
  • The 2** rewards is bugged out?

One cover for CStorm is not rare at all, she is an incredibly common 2** character.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am 99% sure that the 2* rewards are bugged out right now and not intentional.
  • I am 99% sure that the 2* rewards are bugged out right now and not intentional.

What is broken? 2* tokens? What's a 2* reward.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    I am 99% sure that the 2* rewards are bugged out right now and not intentional.

What is broken? 2* tokens? What's a 2* reward.

How ranks 51-200 all give only 1 storm cover: I doubt this was intended.
  • I could use the red wolvie, but weekend finish + I'm40+ better but still unhelpful grouping of buffed characters means I prob am not going to bother. Dark souls 2 and titanfall are out on Tuesday. So the next event will prob be skipped by me too.
  • I hated this tournament the first time around and I have now sold my Thor. It's a good thing this is the first time I literally wouldn't use a single cover offered as a prize (including the four stars)