***** Daredevil (Matt Murdock) ***** Updated (1/4/19)

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks good enough for me. Graphics-wise.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    After looking at the screenshot I assume his colour scheme is yellow/green/purple. It´s a little bit odd that this version of Daredevil hasn´t any red ability since he´s wearing an all-red costume.
  • Jaedenkaal
    After looking at the screenshot I assume his colour scheme is yellow/green/purple. It´s a little bit odd that this version of Daredevil hasn´t any red ability since he´s wearing an all-red costume.
    I think they've been setting this precedent since all the way back to Nick Fury and 1* Black Widow ;)
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    So much better than the 5* Jessica Drew I was fearing they were going to come up with.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I don't know what happened with the Marvel preview, but since Daredevil is already in the game, can we see his max stats please :smiley: ?

Also got to say that the new Daredevil seems awesome. Really like Hand-to-hand power.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited August 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    I don't know what happened with the Marvel preview, but since Daredevil is already in the game, can we see his max stats please :smiley: ?

Also got to say that the new Daredevil seems awesome. Really like Hand-to-hand power.
    His scalable power values and hit points at 450 are all 4x his 255 values. Ok. 4.019x
  • D4Ni13
    edited August 2017
    D4Ni13 said:

His scalable power values and hit points at 450 are all 4x his 255 values. Ok. 4.019x
    Thanks. Didn't know that. That means his yellow is pretty weak, but his Green is pretty good, with repeatable 12-14k damage if you don't match the CD yourself. Wonder if you destroy it, if it deals the damage, but still.. seems good to me.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Yeah it's how all 5*s scale. Phoenix Strike tiles are the most obvious example of this (104 to 416 from lvl 255-450) but all 5* scaled power values (and their hit points) increase at the same rate.

Also means you can compare their values at 255 to each other, and get the same power level, relatively speaking.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Assuming 4x scaling...

Yellow Passive
    Requires him to be below 50% health, and it's not super amazing either. The strike tiles should be around strength 712 at level 450 with 5 covers. It also heals him, which means it can stop going off.  Junk. 3/5/5.

Green - 11 AP
    A random CD that gives 2000 damage for 5 turns. If it's destroyed without you matching it, it deals around 15.5k damage and creates another one (limit 1). There's a consolation prize if you match it yourself, too. Very good. Will require a rare CD-removing power to fight it, such as 4*Thor's yellow.

Purple - 9 AP
    Active: Converts 4 enemy a/p/s tiles to strike tiles, and stuns for 2 turns. Below par.
    Passive: Stunned enemies receive an extra 1830 damage per hit. Sounds like it double-taps, too. OK.
  • D4Ni13
    The article said something about the strike tile being 1270 at max with 5 covers. Is that a typo ? @Brigby
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming 4x scaling...

Yellow Passive
    Requires him to be below 50% health, and it's not super amazing either. The strike tiles should be around strength 712 at level 450 with 5 covers. It also heals him, which means it can stop going off.  Junk. 3/5/5.

Green - 11 AP
    A random CD that gives 2000 damage for 5 turns. If it's destroyed without you matching it, it deals around 15.5k damage and creates another one (limit 1). There's a consolation prize if you match it yourself, too. Very good. Will require a rare CD-removing power to fight it, such as 4*Thor's yellow.

Purple - 9 AP
    Active: Converts 4 enemy a/p/s tiles to strike tiles, and stuns for 2 turns. Below par.
    Passive: Stunned enemies receive an extra 1830 damage per hit. Sounds like it double-taps, too. OK.

I'm not sure Yellow is junk - going off at 50% is... decent.  Not great, but decent.  He's going to take a beating, create a few strikes, and creep back up, which also means that he has some self-heal. 

I'll point out that powers that convert CDs to something else will not respawn the green CD - for example 5* Natasha's purple or 3* Falcon's "Redwing."  Still, it seems like a pretty decent power, since any match or tile destruction just respawns it and that's what usually removes friendly tiles.  Hrm, I wonder what will happen if it's fortified?  Will it just be normal, or will it spawn another....

I'll agree that purple is kind of sub-bar for the AP, though the passive is kind of neat when coupled with a character who stuns...

• Jaedenkaal
    GrimSkald said:

I'll point out that powers that convert CDs to something else will not respawn the green CD - for example 5* Natasha's purple or 3* Falcon's "Redwing."  Still, it seems like a pretty decent power, since any match or tile destruction just respawns it and that's what usually removes friendly tiles.  Hrm, I wonder what will happen if it's fortified?  Will it just be normal, or will it spawn another....

It only makes another Hand-to-Hand tile if one doesn't already exist, so no. The damage will still happen, though.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    D4Ni13 said:
    The article said something about the strike tile being 1270 at max with 5 covers. Is that a typo ? Brigby
    To my knowledge, that information is correct. At max level, the Strike tile created adds 1,270 damage
    GrimSkald said:

It only makes another Hand-to-Hand tile if one doesn't already exist, so no. The damage will still happen, though.
    Yes. That's correct. Another Hand-to-Hand tile will not be created in that instance.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Stats at level 451 (clicked an extra cover after championing without thinking about it)

HP: 48355
    Match damage:

yel/blu/purp/red/gree/blac/TU
    667/84/519/78/593/71/335/4.0x crit

Yellow
    3 covers: 486 tile and 770 health  (and kicks in at below 40%)
    4 covers: 617 tile and 770 health  (and kicks in at below 40%)
    5 covers: 723 tile and 1173 health (and kicks in at below 50%)

Green

3 covers: 1659 CD tile damage, 6AP if you match, 10074 damage if matched by opponent
    4 covers: 2014 CD tile damage, 6AP if you match, 11141 damage if matched by opponent
    5 covers: 2014 CD tile damage, 8AP if you match, 15645 damage if matched by opponent

Purple
    3 covers: 3 tiles stolen, 1 turn of stun, 1186 passive damage when target stunned
    4 covers: 3 tiles stolen, 2 turns of stun, 1186 passive damage if stunned
    5 covers: 4 tiles stolen, 2 turns stun, 1850 passive damage if stunned

Like others have said, not that great. Starlord has a better steal for less (without the stun).  Other do better stun.  Almost everyone has a better green, as relying on opponent to match for damage sucks.  

Would not recommend.

• bbddfg
    bbddfg Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Couldn't one use gwenpool to destroy that row/column with the tile? Then it can respawn for free. So you just need a load of purple.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I actually think his best build will be 5,5,3.  His yellow might not kick in until he is at 50% health but he can get almost 6k health back when 5 strike tiles are out.  His strike tiles are really strong and his green will do 10 k damage over 5 turns or if destroyed 15k damage in one pop.  For his purple converting 3 tiles is plenty and if there is one opponent left a limited stun is still good.  He will not replace panther thanos meta but he will be someone who can true heal to help you climb.  Starting off with lower health will actually be a big benefit to help you win a match faster.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    The article said something about the strike tile being 1270 at max with 5 covers. Is that a typo ? Brigby
    To my knowledge, that information is correct. At max level, the Strike tile created adds 1,270 damage
    GrimSkald said:

Yes. That's correct. Another Hand-to-Hand tile will not be created in that instance.

I just looked at the phrasing - it's interesting.  Unless the phrasing is off, you can create more than one of these CDs (it doesn't say "Create a 5 turn green countdown tile if one does not exist,") but if one is destroyed when more than one is out, it doesn't create a duplicate.

All in all, hardly a great character, but he probably has a place.  That's good, actually, if the meta changes with each new character that can be very frustrating...

• Jaedenkaal
    Well, Still Sharp still destroys friendly tiles, so... combo with OML? Maneuver it to the middle of the board and Quasi-Sonic Whisper it away? (Who doesn't like 21 Green AP combos)

Maybe not a bad combo with OML, actually. Hand-To-Hand is pretty repeatable if you match it away yourself, to get a bunch of Reluctant Hero tiles out, which would boost the per-turn damage of HtH and the healing from Fighting Spirit, and the (presumably) double-tap for hitting a stunned target.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Sounds interesting overall. Seems like a 4/5/4 build most often. 
    Is he unable to use his purple if there are no enemy specials out? Playing it just for the stun would still be useful sometimes.
    Also, I want his yellow for use in PVE nodes with Thanos & R4G. Keep playing additional matches at below 50% health. Instantly add more health in the next battle and get an additional strike.
    More Thanos damage? No problem.

And at the risk of hurled tomatoes, Daredevil will work well with Doc Ock's black. Additional damage to the stunned enemy (if you keep them in front, or if you have certain targeted damage each turn, somehow).

So, will DD hit a stunned enemy for each damaging effect per turn? As in, use 4* Gamora. Stun with her blue or DD's purple, hit with her red, hopefully you have an attack tile(s) out. Is this damage x3 from his passive per turn?! 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, consider using him with Spidey. Stun entire enemy team before firing an AOE. Stun them when Come and Get Me is at 1 turn, or just use Spidey's acrobatic thing to bounce on all of them. Toss out a few Old Habits from transformed OML. A shame Court Death will stun him before he can do extra damage.
    And in 3 years when I'm ready to Champ an Epic, I might even remember such combos.