What's your Galactus strategy?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
GALACTUS. A being so powerful he's got guys like Silver Surfer, Terrax the Tamer, and Firelord working for him to make dinner appointments. I mean, you'd have to be one serious dude to get away with a hat like his. But who's going to tease him? The guy eats planets! (Just ask the Skrulls - they told Galactus he looks like a doofus in that hat and then he ate their home world.)

He can't be stunned. He can't be reasoned with. Heck, most of the time he won't even look your way!

So with a guy like that, what's your strategy? Whittle Galactus down and then have Punisher put a 9mm bullet through his skull? Tell Deadpool to drop a beluga whale on 'em? Use Spider-Man to fill up all the purple tiles so Gamora can cut Galactus' head off?

Please share.

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Hopefully gamora grocket and medusa can get things done
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Skrofa said:
    Hopefully gamora grocket and medusa can get things done

That's been my team so far. I dunno if they'll hold up when the going gets tough, but they are obliterating early level Galactus in about 3 turns.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been going with XFW and Iron Fist to feed him black. But Galactus is such a creampuff right now that IF's attack tile has been killing him before XFW can.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, at this point, I keep thinking "Ooh, boss event, gotta be ready to dish it out" and taking one of my high end teams, and then he's down before I even get rolling. Probably going to run something like C4rol, Coulson, 4*R&G when things get tougher.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Probably going to run something like C4rol, Coulson, 4*R&G when things get tougher.
    how do they work against galactus in later rounds? I imagine you don't get enough turns for collecting yellow for coulson to generate CDs before G ends the game? 

thinking about switch to generate purple for mordo, but not sure about that either with all those special tiles on the board. probably wont  get the chance to fire it twice... 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Starlord, Grocket, Medusa.
    Dead in 5 moves, including round 7.

Not sure if that's fast enough for 8, will find out later today.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far I've been doing Bl4de, Hobofist, and Patch.  Into Round 5 just getting Bl4de up to passive damage is enough so probably gonna switch Patch out for IM40 in later rounds to get red up quickier.  If I get C&D champed before the event ends I'll probably switch them in for hobofist to feed yellow which will feed IM40 feeding Red.

Yo dawg I heard you like AP feeders...
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    My Alliance just completed Round 4 and so far I've been using 4-star Star-Lord and GRocket with Medusa, and was typically KOing Galactus within 2-3 turns. There were even a couple of "Round 1" KOs when I got a good cascade.

I'm liking this team (at the moment) because with Medusa as the center character she gets switched out with the required character for the Nodes, then I switch her back in for Galactus. Minimal tapping minimizes the time between bouts, and Star-Lord & Grocket with the required character wreck their Nodes as well. So far, it's been a very fast team, but it is very limited for nukes. It's pretty much Star-Lord's red, and that's it.

That said, Medusa's counter gets a substantial boost from GRocket's Strike tiles, which are also boosted by having Star-Lord on the team, and if I can match away Medusa's counter and get out a couple of Attack tiles the DOT damage can really start to add up.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    So far I've been using Blade, Coulson, and 3* Hawkguy. Generate blue and purple matching away Galactus Tiles, fire arrows when I can to trigger Coulsons passives, use Coulsons purple to charge up red, let Blade go to work.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thus far I haven't had to use anything other than Bl4de/OML/R4nd. Just about any board will either fuel blade or give Danny enough for the punching and the kicking to bring him down with one power.

When he gets tough - Ghost Rider, possibly with someone to help him make black in case the board's shy.  This will be the first time I've had C&D available for that purpose - used to be I'd alternate Doom and IF3, letting them get chewed up by the machines to fuel the stare.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    2* black widow, 2* magneto, 3* Iron man (plus 2 ap of each these color, yellow, red, blue, purple), 
    round 7 and so far is working, did not lose any fight yet.
  • TPF Alexis
    ammenell said:
    Probably going to run something like C4rol, Coulson, 4*R&G when things get tougher.
    how do they work against galactus in later rounds? I imagine you don't get enough turns for collecting yellow for coulson to generate CDs before G ends the game? 

thinking about switch to generate purple for mordo, but not sure about that either with all those special tiles on the board. probably wont  get the chance to fire it twice... 
    I'm in Round 6, and have ended up using HoboFist, Riri, and C4rol. So far, he hasn't managed to gather more than 11 AP in any one colour before I drop him. Riri's blue=>red combo is really nice here, since he's always taking the single target damage, and his strongest colour is blue, so he's getting smacked around by Energy Manipulation whenever he does match it, in addition to it fueling the combo. Some combination of that, Fist's green, and C4rol's black has been ending him pretty quickly so far.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Changed my team for round 7.
    XFW, Cloak and Dagger and 3* IF. Go for purple and start spamming black
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Round 7

Medusa
    4* R&G
    3* Punisher

boost red/yellow
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been using IM40, and boosted Bl4de and 3* Fist so far, just shy of Round 6. He did get to 21 or so AP in one fight, as it was a very red and yellow starved board. But so long as the board is even slightly favorable, he barely even gets off one round of the machines. 
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    i am still at 2* black widow, 2* magneto, 3* Iron man (plus 2 ap of each these color, yellow, red, blue, purple), 
    finish round 7 without losing any fight.
    lost one fight at round 8 (but if i use +2 for all AP) wont lose any fight.
    i think this strategy is good for low level roaster, but consumes AP.
  • TPF Alexis
    Switched Riri out for Coulson. Danny's cheap blue makes strikes, gets Coulson making countdowns, and usually generates green as well. I'm usually dropping Galactus before I manage to fire Coulson's yellow or C4rol's black. Only had one match that get kind of sketchy, when the board was just absolutely flooded with red and I really wished I could hot-swap in Blade, but I managed to pull that one out.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm using Cloak and Dagger, Hulk Cho, and 4* Iron Fist.  Fist's black has been enough to one-shot Galactus so far, but we're still only in round 6.

Wolveroach is using Charlie's Angels.  Because reasons.

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    4Pool + 4Marv + 4R&G
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* Widow
    4* Blade
    3* Hawkeye