Any of the current PW's worth grabbing?

Cards are OK throughout the colors, have about 1400 crystals to spend. 

Also, which PW's should I save for? 

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Usually 2 color PW are better than one color, but Liliana Majesty is a one color good one with the right cards.

I can not see which are now in vault because they do not appear once you buy them.

Now the blue PWs are very powerful with cycling if you have New perspectives, Drake haven and/or Faith of the Devoted.

For those the best are Tezzeret 2 (black and blue), Dovin (white and blue) and Saheeli  (red and blue). Of course Nisa 3 (green and blue) is also very good with cycling.

Other powerful dual color PW are Nahiri and Kiora.
  • Orion317
    Orion317 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Thanks. Picked up sarkhan, guess I'll wait for a better one. 
     Tezz is coming next week but I don't like his abilities
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Tez2 is a beast. I don't have him yet but am building up crystals to get him next week. He works great with servo creators. Blue-Black is my second favorite color combination in paper mtg behind black-green.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 542 Critical Contributor
    Definitely grab Tezz2 if you can. I passed him over a few times because I didn't really like the fabricate/energize mechanics but once I got him I could have kicked myself for not getting him before. He is "a beast". His mana gains are great. He's just a solid planeswalker.
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    And even ignoring the energize part of his first ability the servo supports will be useful after KLD block leaves standard (a small boost to one creature that will transfer to another creature upon death or casting a defensive creature.) It's worth it.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion317 said:
    Sarkhan is not one of the better PWs unfortunately. Tezzeret the schemer is easily one of the best PWs though. His abilities are better than they seem before you use them, and black/blue is such a good combo. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Orion317 said:
    Sarkhan is not one of the better PWs unfortunately. Tezzeret the schemer is easily one of the best PWs though. His abilities are better than they seem before you use them, and black/blue is such a good combo. 
    I like them both. Personally I like filling a Sarkhan deck with little critters and feeding those easy to cast 1/1s to my dragon, focus on abilities 2 and 3 there. Tezz2 on the other hand I will pull out ability 3 and create a minefield of fabricates with ability 2 and my cards. I find both to be fun, even if I don't have a single dragon card yet Sarkhan is one of my most reliable PWs but I have a lot more fun creating those minefields and seeing the AI commit suicide by flailing about with Tezzeret. I would say it is up to you and your favorite play style.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had fun making all sorts of different sarkhan decks, but I don't find him particularly good in events to hit objectives and win reliably at the same time. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    I've had fun making all sorts of different sarkhan decks, but I don't find him particularly good in events to hit objectives and win reliably at the same time. 
    With any red take-that-creature spell and ability 2 Sarkhan becomes a nice PW for destroying enemy creatures, I also had some decent luck with shield objectives using that same strategy.