New Planeswalker Arrives: Samut, the Tested (8/24/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Armed with her dual khopeshes and her renowned speed, prepare to challenge Amonkhet's Gods as Samut, the Tested. She is now available in Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest via a brand new special offer.

The Samut, the Tested Bundle includes Samut, the Tested, 280 Mana Jewels, a Red Super Pack, and 15000 Mana Runes. This exclusive offer is available now through August 31st.

Comments

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Samut, the Disappointing
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Samut, the not buying........
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    I can wait until Samut hits the vault crystals. Will be fun from there on out.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would like to see a video of her in action
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Samut, the Tested, aka the Bug-Free
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    WANT.  
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    R/g has always been a good color combo, and the fact that all of her abilities are viable in standard makes her that much more appealing to me. Will be interested to see more of her in action. 
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    @BlessedOne in response in your question in the original thread you started : she should be available in the vault for crystals in 3 weeks, it's the usual delay (one week in the vault for cash then two weeks to wait) 
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Can someone explain how the stacked afflict effect works? I have Neheb, the Eternal and I haven't used him yet. I'd like a double double with cheese (+8). 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    DaddyO said:
    Can someone explain how the stacked afflict effect works? I have Neheb, the Eternal and I haven't used him yet. I'd like a double double with cheese (+8). 
    If you have a character with 8 power & afflict, and you put Samut's second on him - before it attacks an opposing creature the opposing PW takes 8 damage, then the opposing PW takes 8 damage (yes, twice), and then your creature attacks the opposing creature. If the opposing creature has < 8 toughness, the opposing PW then takes 8-(opposingCreatureToughness) due to Trample damage.
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Thanks for the answer octal9. Have you tried using the second ability twice? Does it result in stacked afflict?

And does double strike work the same? For example a double striking double afflicted creature - does it deal 4 afflict packets of damage or just 2 and then double strike combat damage?

I have Samut, Voice of Dissent and Combat Celebrant. It would be fun to give a triple afflicted creature double strike. Between haste and afflict secondary objectives like take less than 15 damage may require more luck than skill. 
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    I'll have to check on the double stack but I doubt it.

theoretically that double strike should result in lots of damage to the PW but I've not come across anything that survives long enough to test it
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    In my Koth deck I have Samut, Call of the Full Moon, and Dagger of the Worthy. This is how I've seen it play.

Samut in spot 1 (7/8 ds, haste)
    Call support gem (10/10 ds, haste, berserker, trample)
    Dagger (12/10 ds, haste, berserker, trample, afflict)

Samut attacks and lets say opponent has a 4/4.

1)opponent takes 12 afflict damage
    2)their  creature takes 4 and they take 8 fs damage
    3) they take 12 damage

With multiple afflict triggers step 1 would be repeated for each additional instance.

Double Strike doesn't trigger afflict additional times.
  • Drawxne
    Drawxne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Bitterbow Sharpshooters was properly implemented into the game, right? I noticed it in Samut's Beginner Deck, but when I tap "where to find this card", no results show up. It's not listed among the cards pullable from HOU packs, despite the website saying otherwise, and I've yet to pull one myself.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Drawxne said:
    Bitterbow Sharpshooters was properly implemented into the game, right? I noticed it in Samut's Beginner Deck, but when I tap "where to find this card", no results show up. It's not listed among the cards pullable from HOU packs, despite the website saying otherwise, and I've yet to pull one myself.
    Take a look at the "Hour of Devastation card gallery"  thread 

There is a little pool of HOU cards (that includes Bitterbow Sharpshooters) that was briefly added via the special offer HOU packs "more chances to get the new cards" but is no longer available in the current boosters. It is a known bug and we all hope it will soon get fixed.