Duplicate cover pulls

DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
Okay so I have a burning question. How many character pulls of the same color in a row is considered bad luck before it becomes kinda buggy? 

Just today I pulled;
Heroic token: purple Medusa 
Classic LT: purple Medusa 
Doc LT x2: 2 purple Medusa 
Latest LT: purple medusa

Bad luck or is something fishy going on? 

Anyone this Happening to? 
Now that my Medusa is 0/1/5 I really wish there was a trade program to get rid of my surplus purples. 

Comments

• BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 5 extra yellow of Cloak and Dagger before I pulled my last purple to champ them, all in the span of two weeks.
    It happens.
  • CNashCNash Posts: 934 Critical Contributor
    The cover trade-in values haven't been touched in years. They are in desperate need of an overhaul (or at least a re-think), to bring them in line with the current metagame. What's the actual value of a 4* cover? It's certainly higher than 1000 ISO; this is borne out by how difficult they are to obtain compared to prizes of a similar value.
  • DuckyDucky GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    *off to statistics*
  • heybubheybub Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    It's probably a statistical outlier, but, hey, I'm paranoid...I think they're out to get you, man!

But let's do the math.  Now I'm no statistician, but i calculate that there is an 2E-9% chance of you randomly getting 5 Purple Medusa's in a row from the packs you describe.

Go buy a lotto ticket, jump on a plane to Vegas, those odds are hard to hit.

• DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    heybub said:
    It's probably a statistical outlier, but, hey, I'm paranoid...I think they're out to get you, man!

But let's do the math.  Now I'm no statistician, but i calculate that there is an 2E-9% chance of you randomly getting 5 Purple Medusa's in a row from the packs you describe.

Go buy a lotto ticket, jump on a plane to Vegas, those odds are hard to hit.

I was thinking the same thing. I was more impressed by the pulls than annoyed. I mean I got all the covers in one day, not across a few weeks. If I pull another purple Medusa on my next LT pull, I quit haha
    Bowgentle said:
    I had 5 extra yellow of Cloak and Dagger before I pulled my last purple to champ them, all in the span of two weeks.
    It happens.

Yeah but mine was in the span of a few hours. I wouldn't have minded if it was over a few weeks and other heroes were salted in there, but no, just purple medusa.
    Just pulled another Medusa purple off of a Latest LT. That's 6 in a row....Looks like I have to quit.
    Just pulled another Medusa purple off of a Latest LT. That's 6 in a row....Looks like I have to quit.
    WTH...I'd submit a bug..
    heybub said:
    WTH...I'd submit a bug.

Sorry if it's Grey for my reply, doesn't work to well on mobile phone. But.... 
    I did submit a bug report they just said it is what it is and there is no guarantee for specific colors. I mean I only pull Medusa purple this week. Last week was coulson purple and the week before was carol yellow. Just my luck I guess..... 
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,324 Chairperson of the Boards
    The odds of something like that happening in any specific set of pulls is ludicrously small, but given how many Players there are and how many Tokens we're collectively opening, it's actually a near certainty that someone gets hit with a run like this at some point. Statistics is weird like that.
    The odds of something like that happening in any specific set of pulls is ludicrously small, but given how many Players there are and how many Tokens we're collectively opening, it's actually a near certainty that someone gets hit with a run like this at some point. Statistics is weird like that.
    I think the probability of his pulls is infinitesimally small compared to the probability that this is a bug...
    heybub said:
    I think the probability of his pulls is infinitesimally small compared to the probability that this is a bug...

Support said it could happen and it's not a bug. Draw rates are not guaranteed and this could happen to anyone.
  • StickStick Age Unconfirmed Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I've had it happen to me with Carnage, if it makes you feel better.
  • Def a bug.

Griff009 said:
    Def a bug.

No such things as bugs in MPQ, the Devs stand by this haha
  • MissoesRicRoseMissoesRicRose Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Griff009 said:
    Def a bug.

And there is still someone who urges that the colors of the rosters are balanced.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

RNG can definitely be screwy sometimes. I Think I had like 10 red and 8 Purple Medusa covers in queue Before I finally got a third red... Luckily it was when I was busting a hoard.

My replacement Iron Fist also ended up with like 15 extra black and Purple covers Before I finally got the third green I needed to champ him.