Marvel Insider Promotion (8/22/17)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited September 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone - 

We have teamed up with Marvel for a couple of new special promotions that we would like to share.

https://marvel.com/insider

This includes - 
  • All new players receive 20,000 Insider points when they download Marvel Puzzle Quest between August 18 and September 18.
  • All players receive 10,000 Insider Points when they compete in the Assassin For Hire, Cage Match, and Blind Justice Tournaments and finish each event with 300+ in-game points.  This prize can be earned for each event for a total of 30,000 Insider Points.
  • Use your Marvel Insider Points (100,000 points) to redeem (1) Daredevil (Man Without Fear) Comic Cover in the game.  
  • Use your Marvel Insider Points (3,000 points) to redeem (1) Marvel Puzzle Quest wallpaper.
  • Use your Marvel Insider Points (300,000 points) to redeem (1) 8,500 Hero Coins in Marvel Puzzle Quest.
These offers are for a limited time and are sponsored by Marvel Insider.  Please note the timeline on when rewards will be provided and if there are any issues with redemption, please reach out to Marvel Support at onlinesupport@marvel.com or find out more about Marvel Insider HERE in their FAQ.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, saw the pop-up in game. It's nice that game stuff awards points now, rather than the other way around.

Just a shame that I live in the UK and cannot partake.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, saw the pop-up in game. It's nice that game stuff awards points now, rather than the other way around.

Same for Australians.  It is real pity that in a global game these promotions are only ever for residents of North America.

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

Same for Australians.  It is real pity that in a global game these promotions are only ever for residents of North America.

Residents of the US. Canadians can't be "insiders" either. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Same for Italians!!! :'(
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

Got any form of promotion going or nod to the rest of the world?

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    When will the 10,000 points per PvP be awarded?  I've crossed that threshold in the first two but haven't seen it awarded on insider yet. Is there anything you need to do other than having your game account linked?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    The site is very frustrating to use. I would say at least half the time clicking, reading, watching, whatever, gets you no points. I often have to try several times or come back another day to try again, and often times even THAT doesn't work.

This has been confirmed by others who have tried and it's not even the same actions. Seems like randomly, things just don't work.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    The site is very frustrating to use. I would say at least half the time clicking, reading, watching, whatever, gets you no points. I often have to try several times or come back another day to try again, and often times even THAT doesn't work.

This has been confirmed by others who have tried and it's not even the same actions. Seems like randomly, things just don't work.
    Exactly. I participated last time they ran this promotion and after not receiving points for tasks completed I quit. Let's be honest, most of us doing this are only trying to get in-game rewards or we'd already have been Insiders. So when the stuff doesn't consistently work, I'm not watching videos and ads for nothing.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    In for a DD cover.  Contest of Champions is pretty liberal with their rewards.  I get 50-100k points/month for playing the featured quests. e.g Complete the Sinister Foes of Spider-Man quest: Heroic
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    When will the 10,000 points per PvP be awarded?  I've crossed that threshold in the first two but haven't seen it awarded on insider yet. Is there anything you need to do other than having your game account linked?
    Unless there is a different award besides the one listed in this announcement, you shouldn't have been able to meet the objective yet. It says to finish a tournament with 300+ points and Last Defender did not count; it starts with the Elektra tournament.
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    I signed up. How does it know I play this game and link my rewards. I didn't find a placed to link the game account and marvel insider account. Any of you experienced folks understand how that works?
  • LakeStone
    Killians8 said:
    I signed up. How does it know I play this game and link my rewards. I didn't find a placed to link the game account and marvel insider account. Any of you experienced folks understand how that works?
    Thanks for signing up! For any of the MPQ offers, you will just need to click on the specific offer and add your player name.  Rewards are not immediate but will be credited to you based on the info listed.
  • LakeStone
    broll said:
    The dates for crediting are listed in the sign-up at Marvel Insider.  Please note the rewards start with the Elektra PVP so there has only been once chance so far to earn Insider points.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    broll said:
    Unless there is a different award besides the one listed in this announcement, you shouldn't have been able to meet the objective yet. It says to finish a tournament with 300+ points and Last Defender did not count; it starts with the Elektra tournament.
    I finished them early...

Yeah I didn't pay close attention to the names and was thibkkng it was all the defender PvPs. Good call. 
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah. It seems pretty bugged. I have competed and finished way higher than the qualifying points threshold and have submitted my ign which is different from my forum name but never got any puzzle quest related points. Get points for looking at the other stuff though so I do not know.
  • xdogg
    Points are not rewarded right away, for example the Daredevil PVP reward states that the points will be rewarded by 9/15, as long as you submitted your ign you should receive the points within a couple weeks
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    How do you submit your ign?
    And what is an ign?
  • xdogg
    Tseb said:
    How do you submit your ign?
    And what is an ign?
    You click on the item you want to complete, a box will popup asking for your In Game Name