PvE 4-star Essentials Tracking/Theory

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    granne said:
    I need any colour but red for Gamora, so I hope that prediction's wrong. I just had to roster the two red covers withering in my queue.
    Gotta love RNG. I have precisely one red cover for her, which I got from hitting 2000 in the SHIELD Simulator. I've already had to sell two of her black covers. Had to sell two purple Coulson covers as well, which is why I'm less than thrilled that will likely be the progression cover. 
    If it ends up being Gamora Red, that will put her to 3/3/3 for me.  Only things sweeter is 4/4/4 (which my cho hulk has right now).

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    purple coulson is perfect for me because it'll make him 5/5/3, making him the first 4* champ I'll have where I never had to directly spend CP on powers. this is also the reason why I hope Agent Venom isn't red because he's already 5/4/3 for me and I really don't want to have to spend CP to max him either. imagine the maximum satisfaction of getting two 4* champs in a row naturally without spending 120CP even once
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Gamora's blue is tracking to be the next progression reward and I'm baffled. The 1st cover being their second essential reward has been something that's been going on for a very long time and this is a strange break from that. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gamora's blue is tracking to be the next progression reward and I'm baffled. The 1st cover being their second essential reward has been something that's been going on for a very long time and this is a strange break from that. 
    Yeah, definitely seems strange. I had been expecting red too; hoping for blue for T10 in SCL 7, red and blue for T5 and black for first. 

At any rate, I'm just glad the black cover really isn't in the mix. I've had to burn two already.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    I don't really care what color Gamora is I just hope Coulson won't be yellow. that's all I want
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    As I said earlier: the devs are reading this thread and messing with you personally :smiley:

I'm kind of hoping we have a 7 day event next, because either a red or black cover would let me complete her.
  • DesertTortoise
    Well there's a non-zero percent chance that we have an alliance event after this and it'd skip Gamora completely and I think that'd upset just about everyone! I do have a feeling that we'll get a 5-star release for Defenders but it'll be like Doc Ock was and attached to typical PvE event. That's not based on anything, I'd just be shocked to have 3 alliance events in 2 months. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Well there's a non-zero percent chance that we have an alliance event after this and it'd skip Gamora completely and I think that'd upset just about everyone! I do have a feeling that we'll get a 5-star release for Defenders but it'll be like Doc Ock was and attached to typical PvE event. That's not based on anything, I'd just be shocked to have 3 alliance events in 2 months. 
    wut

where did you hear about an Alliance event? I've been out of the loop
  • DesertTortoise
    No rumblings of an alliance event, but we're overdue a 5-star release and we have an MCU property they can tie it to. I'd say we have a really high chance for a 5-star release and whenever there's a 5-star release there's a good chance it's an alliance event as well. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    No rumblings of an alliance event, but we're overdue a 5-star release and we have an MCU property they can tie it to. I'd say we have a really high chance for a 5-star release and whenever there's a 5-star release there's a good chance it's an alliance event as well. 
    didn't Doctor Bowlcut.. I mean, Doc Ock debut in a Webbed Wonder?
  • DesertTortoise
    Yup, I referenced that in my post earlier. We could be getting a 5-star Strange Sights/Webbed Wonder like Strange and Ock got or we could get an alliance event. I'd say we're less likely to get an alliance event than usual since we just had two last month but wanted to say that it's a possibility!
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Yup, I referenced that in my post earlier. We could be getting a 5-star Strange Sights/Webbed Wonder like Strange and Ock got or we could get an alliance event. I'd say we're less likely to get an alliance event than usual since we just had two last month but wanted to say that it's a possibility!
    yes but it would fall in line with the trend where they screw you out of cover rewards the first time the 4* is featured after their debut event like with Cloak and Dagger. also either way the thing after this should have Coulson as a featured, right? and if it's an alliance PVE then Coulson would be the reward, yes?
  • DesertTortoise
    Welp, looks like everyone is happy. No release, it's a 7 day event so everyone that wanted Gamora red and blue are going to be happy. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Welp, looks like everyone is happy. No release, it's a 7 day event so everyone that wanted Gamora red and blue are going to be happy. 
    That would be me. I should be able to champ her now because of this. 
  • DesertTortoise
    edited August 2017
    What makes this interesting is Blade is next and we're not sure if he's considered 'vaulted' or a holdover for T12A. We probably won't know for sure for a little while either. There's a chance that the 12 in the rotation are a season behind the latest 12 in the tokens and Sandman hasn't been added nor has Blade been removed. There's also a chance Sandman is in there and Blade is just considered a 'vaulted' character at this point. 
  • DesertTortoise
    If Blade is the essential in Galactus Hungers than that means we're either getting Sandman, Coulson or (if it flips) Agent Venom as the alliance progression reward. This is if Blade is considered a vintage character because if he's not, then any of the other vintage characters could be a possibility as well. I'm putting my money on Coulson. 
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    If Blade is the essential in Galactus Hungers than that means we're either getting Sandman, Coulson or (if it flips) Agent Venom as the alliance progression reward. This is if Blade is considered a vintage character because if he's not, then any of the other vintage characters could be a possibility as well. I'm putting my money on Coulson. 
    Idk, with 3* Elektra and 5* Daredevil being released I've been expecting either 4Fist or 4Cage. It seems like it would fit with the ongoing Defenders theme. I really hope you are right about Coulson though so I won't need to make iso/champ choices.
  • DarthDeVo
    I hope you're right on with Coulson. That will let me get him fully covered.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect we're going to see something Defenders themed too.  Alliance boss battles seem rare enough that it isn't clear there would be any predictable pattern to them.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    this is a crazy and unfounded speculation but what if if the rewards would be Defenders themed what if the rewards were one Luke C4ge, Hobofist and one other Defender like Punisher or Elektra