aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anything about Mary Poppins.

C'mon, they're both Disney IPs.

Why aren't we seeing more crossover of Disney IPs???

It's only a matter of time before they own them ALL.

C'mon, Mouse! Capitalize!
    I'm almost positive they don't have the rights to use Mary Poppins in the game.  Even in the description of the parachute move they tip toe around saying the name.

None of these are great, but here are some alternate name I thought of:

Clean as a whistle
    Whistling Dixie
    Whistle while you work
    The Blue Meanie
    Yeah he's pretty cool
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    broll said:

I'm almost positive they don't have the rights to use Mary Poppins in the game.  Even in the description of the parachute move they tip toe around saying the name.

I was curious about this question and google thinks:

"Who owns the rights to Mary Poppins? David Mullich, The Walt Disney Company's very first staff video game producer (1987-1991). I believe the P. L. Travers estate owns the copyright to the books, Cameron MacIntosh owns the stage rights, and The Walt Disney Company owns the film rights."

Which makes sense. In the recent OZ movie with James Franco, and Michelle Williams. They had to license to make a story based on OZ (i assuming because they worked with the authors estate and based their film on the original books, not the imagery developed from the film), but not the license to reference things that are tied to the MGM Wizard of oz film. Such as the color of the wicked witch. (its some sort of trademark disney green) In any case, the Mary Poppins film is Disney property, so I assume that an arrangement could have made?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wild Blue Youdu
    Genius.

Who's Your Daddy

That's all I got.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    THEY SEE ME TROLLIN!