iOS keyboard issues in Alliance Chat

maururun
maururun Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
Apologies if the devs don't consider this a bug, but... in the iOS version of MPQ, the keyboard behaves differently than in most other iOS environments. Auto-capitalization, auto-correct, and auto-word substitution all fail to work. And if I select a suggested word it is not inserted into chat. It behaves as if it is using some older, no-longer-fully-compatible version of the iOS keyboard. This has been the case from iOS 9 to present, on an iPhone 5c and 6S.
Tagged:

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the chat interface in this game is one of the worst I've ever seen.  I recommend you download and use LINE as a replacement, most of us do.  

NOTE: That doesn't mean I'm saying the chat shouldn't be fixed, I'm just not holding my breath or considering it a high priority.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was brought up about three or four years ago, when alliances were first rolled out, and the answer at the time was that the in-game chat was a third party chat module added to the game and they couldn't add full iOS typing support.  They hoped to fix it someday, but... yeah.