When is DeadPool coming!??

Options
Don't get me wrong both psylocke(although punisher has an overall better set of skills) and black panther are great characters but I'm really hoping the next would be deadpool.. Or nightcrawler(from excalibur) Does anyone know when the next character will be announced?

Comments

• Given they just shoved two out (Black Panther being OP and and incomplete, judging the lack of difference between rank 1 and 2 of his skill), they should probably fine-tune what they have before pumping more out the door. Then again, there aren't exactly a colossal load of assets to be associated with any given character (three skill "animations", front-line portrait, back-line portrait, and the coding for any abilities) compared to a vast majority of other games, I guess it would just boil down to how many devs they have actively working on new characters. My guess is more than they do QA'ing their products.
  • Two front/back line portraits. Your and enemy portraits are actually different. icon_razz.gif
  • I'm not familiar with the Dark Reign story line but I assume he's a significant character in the story so he's probably going to show up at the same time where he's involved in the story?
  • Phantron wrote:
    I'm not familiar with the Dark Reign story line but I assume he's a significant character in the story so he's probably going to show up at the same time where he's involved in the story?

Nah, he would have been a day 1 character in that case, although that revelation can be worked in anywhere, it would be just his style to show up the day before they shut the servers down for good.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    ... they should probably fine-tune what they have before pumping more out the door. ...
    Agree 100%. The problem is that some characters like Magneto and Spiderman can be so OP on offense that they create an imbalance in the game. Those who have them are having a walk in the park against most/all other teams and those who don't don't are usually screwed. Imho, this is partly what is causing the problem with scaling in pve. If some opponents were difficult for all of us, their levels wouldn't be so high. The fact there are players who can win consistently against 230 enemies (mostly because of Spiderman) is causing the levels to get higher for everyone.

I can't respect a company that announces they know some characters are op almost 2 months ago and they leave them untouched for so long when apparently they have time to release 2 new characters. It seems they want this level of unfairness in the game since it leads many to go after those characters and spend money and HP on them. What makes this even more obvious is the latest addition to the roster (BP). Everyone knows the black ability will be nerfed so I doubt they released him without knowing that. I believe the game has devolved into a series of cash grabs and I fear we have not seen the worst of it.
  • It's hardly unusual to have glaring balance issues that go unaddressed for a very long time in games.

Usually it's a combination of lack of experience and pride. It is almost impossible for a developer to be anywhere as good as a player in his own game, because if he spends as much time playing the game as the player does he'd never have time to get any work done. This is why you should do balance based on metrics as opposed to your knowledge if you're designing the game (e.g. if I see pre-nerf Ragnarok wins on turn 2 on average, I can be pretty sure something is wrong even if I have no idea why he's overpowered). Problem is a lot of developers like to think they know everything and basically resort to a 'L2P' argument to players.

In general I think the industry pays the game designers to do the wrong job. The designers should be the equivalent of the QA. They should spend most of their working time playing the game. That way they might actually play the game well enough to see what's wrong. It's easy to think you're the most knowledgeable guy about a game when you designed it, but the truth is that the most knowledgeable guy about a game is usually the guy who plays the most. You can't expect a designer to put as much hours as a player, but I think a lot of designers never even remotely played the game they made seriously. I remember in HOMM4, several of the campaigns were actually impossible on the impossible setting, as in you start the game and then you immediately died and have absolutely no chance of winning (the really hilarious one is the one you have a single hero fighting Medusas that has 100% chance to kill your hero on the Impossible setting due to stone gaze). But I'm sure if I tried to convince dev that they're a bunch of illiterate monkeys I'd just be told of the usual L2P arguments.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While Deadpool would be cool, he's functionally no different than Wolverine. Both have blades, both have healing factors, one is insane the other is angry. From a game standpoint it doesn't make sense to make Deadpool yet, too many other features to explore.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    While Deadpool would be cool, he's functionally no different than Wolverine. Both have blades, both have healing factors, one is insane the other is angry. From a game standpoint it doesn't make sense to make Deadpool yet, too many other features to explore.

You're talking about a game with three and a half different Wolverines...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rowaasr13 wrote:
    Two front/back line portraits. Your and enemy portraits are actually different. icon_razz.gif

Not all of them.
    Only asymetrical characters like Ragnarok.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

You're talking about a game with three and a half different Wolverines...

Right, so why add another?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Whhaaaaa?

More snark than a Spiderman, more weapons than punisher, with the power to eat more chimichangas than hulk in a single bound. Look, up in the sky! It's a Spiderman, no its slade, no its *SLAM* deadpool falling to the ground and living because of his insane healing factor.

He is quite different than wolverine. He can have 4th wall breaking moves, he uses guns and explosives, he is snarky as opposed go just dripping in sarcasm like wolvie, he doesn't have bone claws (does use a sword..but usually uses guns), and while he does have a healing factor his is basically healing factor 2.0.

Very easily functions differently
  • I've made similar posts before but if/when Deadpool is finally released he needs to from time to time talk to us through comics dialogue bubbles, stuff like:

"Kill Storm first!"

"Mags just got 10 purple ap... Chimichanga break."

"Idiot, you missed a 5 match."

"DUDE, seriously listen to me... DUDE! DAMNIT listen to me! ... ... That countdown tile is at 1, just saying."

"You're worse than the ai."

"So are you uh, ya know, going to introduce me to Moonstone?"

"We'd be doing much better if you hadn't picked such a horrible team. Rainbow much?"

"Bag Lady alert! Hide the children!"

"Don't nerf me! I swear I'm already a fun guy, well funny looking... wait, you, we're talking about you... not me, you. Who?"

Hell if you make it a passive that randomly triggers putting the balloon over the whole screen he'll become the best defensive player ever just from annoyance alone.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    so deadpool is going to be voiced by mechgouki???

• Hell if you make it a passive that randomly triggers putting the balloon over the whole screen he'll become the best defensive player ever just from annoyance alone.

Lol you should work for them, it'll be one of the best passive abilities in the game
  • I've made similar posts before but if/when Deadpool is finally released he needs to from time to time talk to us through comics dialogue bubbles, stuff like:

"Kill Storm first!"

"Mags just got 10 purple ap... Chimichanga break."

"Idiot, you missed a 5 match."

"DUDE, seriously listen to me... DUDE! DAMNIT listen to me! ... ... That countdown tile is at 1, just saying."

"You're worse than the ai."

"So are you uh, ya know, going to introduce me to Moonstone?"

"We'd be doing much better if you hadn't picked such a horrible team. Rainbow much?"

"Bag Lady alert! Hide the children!"

"Don't nerf me! I swear I'm already a fun guy, well funny looking... wait, you, we're talking about you... not me, you. Who?"

Hell if you make it a passive that randomly triggers putting the balloon over the whole screen he'll become the best defensive player ever just from annoyance alone.

If they did this I would buy Hero Points and max him out the moment he was available!
  • You guys played the Playstation 3 game by HighMoon studios?
  • TheWetDog wrote:
    You guys played the Playstation 3 game by HighMoon studios?

That game is pretty spot on to how I imagine he should be on film. Pure bad ****, vulgar, and awesome. I mean, I'm a much bigger fan of the Joe Kelly run (best take on Deadpool ever!) but that was still a pretty sweet take.

But gameplay wise, it was awful. Straight hack/slash. Could've been better - more enemy variance, and sandbox style. I'd kill for an open world take on Deadpool on a next gen console.