Wave counter

A_McB
A_McB Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
It would be nice to see a counter that shows what wave you are currently, similar to the "remaining enemies" counter in the bottom left during multi-wave style missions. I find myself losing track in some of the more complex ones, and saving some stronger power-ups for the last wave, only to find after that I was on the last wave.

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I've done the same thing more than once. I can't think of a place on the screen where there would be room for this without it getting cluttered, but I agree that it would be very helpful.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, happens to me all the time. Would be very nice.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Ditto.  Vote +1 for this feature.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yet another in favour. There have been a bunch of times, especially in Enemy of the State, when I played too conservatively and took too long to clear wave nodes, but ended up with some ludicrous amount of AP unused because I was saving it for the next wave, which didn't actually exist.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Well, the simplest solution would be to just add the wave number with the enemy counter. So now we have the box with the number of enemies like "6".

Instead, we could have "1.6". Meaning, first wave, 6 enemies. Then it would go to "2.3" second wave, 3 enemies

Simple and easy
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    In favor, but @Brigby said recently there are no UI updates scheduled any time soon (if at all). Meh.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    Well, the simplest solution would be to just add the wave number with the enemy counter. So now we have the box with the number of enemies like "6".

Instead, we could have "1.6". Meaning, first wave, 6 enemies. Then it would go to "2.3" second wave, 3 enemies

Simple and easy
    Yeah, but that still doesn't communicate how many waves there are overall. Second wave, 3 enemies doesn't help much if you can't remember if there are two waves, three waves, four waves or more.

I like the overall idea, because I've definitely been where @TPF Alexis has been before. Just not sure where they would stick it on screen that doesn't make it too crowded.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Bump +1
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Skrofa said:

Simple and easy
    Yeah, but that still doesn't communicate how many waves there are overall. Second wave, 3 enemies doesn't help much if you can't remember if there are two waves, three waves, four waves or more.

I like the overall idea, because I've definitely been where @TPF Alexis has been before. Just not sure where they would stick it on screen that doesn't make it too crowded.
    True, I hadn't considered that...
    Well... How about something like this?
    1/4
    In the same box. So you have wave 1 of 4, enemies 6
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Skrofa said:

Simple and easy

True, I hadn't considered that...
    Well... How about something like this?
    1/4
    In the same box. So you have wave 1 of 4, enemies 6
    Yeah, that would probably work. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another thing severely lacking in Wave missions is the fact that you can't preview the enemies. You should be able to see it before starting the match, so you can strategize around the waves and opponents you will face. It *is* a puzzle game, after all.
  • A_McB
    I was thinking just putting the number of remaining waves. Something like 3,2 meaning 3 enemies and 2 waves left.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see something like this too.  I would think it would make sense to have a box on top (or below) the enemy count that looks like this

1 of 3

(wave 1 of 3, 3 enemies up)

1 of 1 

(wave 1 of 1, 6 enemies up)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    When a new wave comes out a banner tells you which wave it is of how many.

Example: Wave 2 of 3

I like DeNappa's suggestion above of previewing enemies, though. That would be nice. Sometimes I just want to know if it's goons (bring Strange) or non-goons (bring Peggy).
  • OrionKannan
    OrionKannan Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I would be fine with the wave counter being on the "pause" screen.  Keeps main screen clutter down.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:

I like DeNappa's suggestion above of previewing enemies, though. That would be nice. Sometimes I just want to know if it's goons (bring Strange) or non-goons (bring Peggy).
    That banner is easy to miss, tho, especially in events with a lot of wave nodes, where they all start to blur together, and you're just trying to grind through them as fast as possible.

And yeah, I don't feel the need to know all the details of what I'm facing in a given wave node, but at least a general idea of what's coming would be really nice.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have requested this many times. It would be very easy to implement! It could easily be something such as 3/1, meaning 3 enemies in this wave, 1st wave currently.
  • A_McB
    mpqr7 said:
    I have requested this many times. It would be very easy to implement! It could easily be something such as 3/1, meaning 3 enemies in this wave, 1st wave currently.
    That block is for "remaining, so the number of remaining waves seems more intuitive IMO.

Dormammu said:

There is the banner, but if there is a chain of effects that end the wave, it is easy to miss. Or even worse, the waves that are relatively long (due to protect tiles or regen) it is easy to lose track of how many waves are left, even when you see the banner.

Personally, I would be fine with the wave counter being on the "pause" screen.  Keeps main screen clutter down.
    It's a little inconvenient, but I'd still be ok with that.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    yes please add it.  Then when I space out I can readjust...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's been brought up before. by me*. before...

* and probably by others too