How big is your graveyard?

BlessedOne
BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
I won the fight against Nicol Bolas using a ton of black cycling cards. When I dropped Vile Manifestation, I expected it to get like... +25 at least. Instead it only got +9. I cycle and played a ton of card with "cycling." This match took me something in the realm of 20 minutes to win. 
So... how big is the graveyard?
How far back (how deep) does the game use the graveyard to trigger effects?

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Cycled cards don't go the graveyard, they are exiled.

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    You need to destroy cards for that effect to be good. Find cards that cause you to discard like the flip side of Farm or Pull from Tomorrow.
  • BlessedOne
    Rhasget said:
    Cycled cards don't go the graveyard, they are exiled.

Good point. Thanks.

So what about playing a card like Apocalypse Demon?
    At the end of the game against Nicol, I played 85 support cards.
    How many of the hard cast support cards would Apocalypse Demon pull into generating bonus stats?

I think its about time that the game offered us a look into our graveyard.
    Maybe even an exiled stack...
  • BlessedOne
    You need to destroy cards for that effect to be good. Find cards that cause you to discard like the flip side of Farm or Pull from Tomorrow.
    Another good point. I often underestimate the value of discarding cards. I need to discard more to improve the buff of creatures like Vile Manifestation and Apocalypse Demon.

Do cards such as Enigma Drake or Warfire Javelineer benefit from discarded spells? Or do the spells need to be cast?
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    The spells can be discarded for Enigma Drake to get the buff.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    There's a spell out there also that exiles cards from your graveyard, making cards that feed off it useless. Can't recall the card right now
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any card you manually remove from your hand is exiled, which is why there's the confirmation you're going to exile the card. You can cast unburden on yourself to discard them, or use Smuggler's Copter
  • Doomstat
    Doomstat Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Liliana 1 has her first ability that helps quite a bit with your discard. 
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Spells go to the graveyard when cast or discarded from your hand/library. As people have pointed out, Cycling exiles the spell instead. Removing it from hand through the trash bin also exiles the card.

Creatures and Supports go to the graveyard when they are destroyed on the battlefield or discarded from your hand/library. All subsequent copies of a creature/support cast that reinforced the original one will enter the graveyard at the same time when the creature/support is destroyed. Otherwise they stay 'binded' to the original card on the battlefield.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Also Liliana 2 with her 1st ability.
  • BlessedOne

The graveyard is quite large. I think it retains all the cards played during the entire game.
    I dropped 6 Apocalypse Demons for a total of 564 points of damage during my battle with Nicol Bolas.
    I used Magmatic Insight and Cathertic Reunion to discard my hand for a few minutes.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    How big is your graveyard? Trick question, we can't even see it! :#
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    My graveyard is a grower, not a show-er.