Trial of the Planes - Limited Time Lower Entry Cost (8/4/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Starting next Monday and running until Friday, we will be bringing back the limited time lower entry cost, where all Trial of the Planes events will only cost 30 Mana Crystals each!
  • 8/7/17: White
  • 8/8/17: Blue
  • 8/9/17: Black
  • 8/10/17: Red
  • 8/11/17: Green
I will also be updating the August Sneak Peek thread with this information, as well.

Comments

• deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great! I'll play it whenever I've got time then. (now you only need to make the Elite Packs attractive again).
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great! I'll play it whenever I've got time then. (now you only need to make the Elite Packs attractive again).

Oh, yeah..I wanted to write something similar, but the tinikitty-filter did not allow me to write a comprehensive message regarding the last EP-runs
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh, yeah..I wanted to write something similar, but the tinikitty-filter did not allow me to write a comprehensive message regarding the last EP-runs
    They were attractive at some point? 
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They were attractive at some point? 
    Even a bad Elite Pack is a good thing.  You don't have to buy it.  As compared to a random mythic award, being able to have some control over the selection is definitely attractive.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options

The main problem lies with the Mythic and Masterpiece cards. I know in mtg there are dud Mythic and MP cards. but that's an actual physical trading card collector's game. MtgPQ is not a trading card game.

For mtgpq, the developer should at least make Mythic and Masterpiece cards better than their rare and uncommon counterparts. 
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The main problem lies with the Mythic and Masterpiece cards. I know in mtg there are dud Mythic and MP cards. but that's an actual physical trading card collector's game. MtgPQ is not a trading card game.

For mtgpq, the developer should at least make Mythic and Masterpiece cards better than their rare and uncommon counterparts. 
    I can live with the occasional bad mythic (not masterpiece, though), but don't offer elite packs full of them. And of course I don't have to get one, but if the company wants me to earn jewels then I want a good reason for them. And the latest elite pack is another really bad one.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I appreciate D3 running these lower-cost entry events, I think TotP is still missing something. I think in order to add a little more value, wins should award 300 runes instead of 100.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby what do the people get who can't play trials of the planes reduced cost because D3's update deleted their account?