Divine Champions Mar 07 - Mar 09

poomermon
poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
Just appeared on the pop-up screen in-game. Last time these heroes were powered up:

Modern Storm, Classic Storm, Ares, Thor, Loki and Ragnarok.

EDIT:

Rewards:

Red X-Force Wolverine + next rewards

2-5
3x Ironman 40 - 2500 ISO - 100hp

6-10
2x Ironman 40 (Yellow and blue) - 2500 ISO - 100hp

11-25
1x Ironman 40 (Blue) - 2500 ISO - 100hp

26-50
1x Ironman 40 (Blue) - 1500 ISO - 50hp

51-100
1x Classic storm (Green) - 1500 ISO - 50hp

101-150
1x Classic storm (Green) - 1000 ISO - 25hp

151-200
1x Classic storm (Green) - 500 ISO

201-250
Standard x3 - 250 ISO

251-300
Standard x2 - 250 ISO

301-400
Standard x1 - 250 ISO

401-500
250 ISO

Progression rewards seem normal

Thor (red) at 700
Ragnarok (Green) at 1200
Invisible woman (Yellow) at 1400

Comments

• I so much hated that event. icon_e_smile.gif

Probably it will set buff to the 40% usual for last times it might be somewhat different.

Who bets on retals will be still broken (placed on random nodes)?
  • Five nodes with an only loosely-related set of required characters does have a messy feeling which other tournaments don't.

I've got some decent team options for it myself, though.
  • I did alright in the last running of this tournament. Of course that means I'll do terribly this time around.
  • I liked this less than the 1* tournement. This is my least favorite tournement ever. I don't think thor was nerfed yet at the time either.
  • This was one of my least favorites too. I'm hoping the prizes are something I don't need so I can opt out.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This tournament better not hand out BP covers...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always seem to not be around when this event runs.
    I'm going to take that as a sign.
  • I swear, I sold my Thor but I'm hurting for Psylocke / BP covers, and if this event gives out either... I have a 3/5/4 level 6 Thor (probably hit 3/5/5 with a few more days of Hulk), and if I have to level him to place well, I'm gonna be beyond miffed. I've still got solid non-buffed heroes, but given how huge the buff was last time, going in without them would be suicide.
  • So...

What's the over/under on 200% buffed 3*** Modern Thor in this tourney? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • 0. Unless he's released in a Divine Champions cover pack.
  • I was expecting this to roll around when Ares and Loki were both prizes, but not for the next event. Looks like Ares is gonna get that iso he wanted.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    So...

What's the over/under on 200% buffed 3*** Modern Thor in this tourney? icon_rolleyes.gif

Probably pretty low. The Hulk event doesn't end for over a week yet, so he won't be out in the wild for a bit yet. If you meant as rewards - for Black Panther, the PvP that he showed up as rewards for ended exactly when the PvE event did. My guess is we'll see some more Psylocke or BP covers for this one.
  • Impulse wrote:
    I was expecting this to roll around when Ares and Loki were both prizes, but not for the next event. Looks like Ares is gonna get that iso he wanted.

I just leveled my Ares to max two days ago so he is at least ready for it.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I swear, I sold my Thor but I'm hurting for Psylocke / BP covers, and if this event gives out either... I have a 3/5/4 level 6 Thor (probably hit 3/5/5 with a few more days of Hulk), and if I have to level him to place well, I'm gonna be beyond miffed. I've still got solid non-buffed heroes, but given how huge the buff was last time, going in without them would be suicide.

My Thor got stuck on lev22. Though he got 13th cover recently (waiting 2 yellows respeccing), now his ISO tap is closed forever. Possibly I even sell him off when ***Thor enters my roster. Why keep a puny duplicate really? In case the old one gets required for a battle sometimes well, so be it.

On the covers the same abilities are written so I guess at most a slight variation is in order.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Impulse wrote:
    I was expecting this to roll around when Ares and Loki were both prizes, but not for the next event. Looks like Ares is gonna get that iso he wanted.

I have 22k iso in the bank that I need to figure out what to do with. My current team is something stupid like 85 Thor / 67 Ares / 141 C. Mags, with level 6 C. Storm on the bench. I'm thinking of just near maxing out Ares and working with that.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    So...

Probably pretty low. The Hulk event doesn't end for over a week yet, so he won't be out in the wild for a bit yet. If you meant as rewards - for Black Panther, the PvP that he showed up as rewards for ended exactly when the PvE event did. My guess is we'll see some more Psylocke or BP covers for this one.

Good point. I didn't think about that.

Hoping for some Psylocke or BP covers as well. Personally wouldn't mind finishing off my build on Psylocke.
  • I, too, figured it would be an event for people to break out their shiny new gold star Thors, but the timing doesn't fit, does it?
  • The timing should work for 3* Thor to be the 3* rewards for the tournament, though that means he'd be released before the Hulk event was over. Theme-appropriate, too.
  • Impulse wrote:

I have 22k iso in the bank that I need to figure out what to do with. My current team is something stupid like 85 Thor / 67 Ares / 141 C. Mags, with level 6 C. Storm on the bench. I'm thinking of just near maxing out Ares and working with that.

Save the iso for xforce....whhheeeee.
  • Save the iso for xforce....whhheeeee.

I second this and recommend that all of you do the same. Especially those of you that I often see in PvP. Do not level your characters unless they are four-star. Put all of your ISO there.