**** Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Stick said:
    zodiac339 said:
    broll said:
    Sounds like another spider friend to me.  Healing and creating special (web) tiles seems to be among their main gimmicks.
    "You asked for it, so we're finally giving you a 4* Spider-Man (Amazing). In two weeks, Spider-Man (2099) will join the ranks. Then, based on the popularity of Spiderverse, Captain Spider (Flash Thompson) brings a new pretty much the same take on Spider-Man. It's the Summer of Spiders!... (Hey guys. Did we completely forget Defenders is coming to Netflix?... Okay, I got this) Uh, 5* Kingpin (Kingpin) because you like new villains. Make it a 3/5. It's Christmas!"
    I know everyone's gotta be sick of the Spider Friends, but I wouldn't mind Silk showing up eventually >.>
    You mean the version where her "costume" is just covering herself in skin-tight webs. Like Bayonetta, but with silk instead of hair.

I have no idea why you'd want her added.

EDIT: I hope the sarcasm came through. Barely there costume is just fine. I'd choose Black Cat first though.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Because it's late, and I don't want to dissect sarcasm, I'd want her added because I collect her books and they're awesome. Good mix of humour and an interesting story.

Black Cat would also be acceptable. I've loved her since the 90's animated series.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Setting aside the D3 trend for esoteric character clues (which means the obvious GotG troll association is probably a red herring), in isolation this spoiler would seem to fit the fairly obscure superhero Jackpot - 777 is literally the source of her power (virus "lot 777"), and sometimes features on her costumes.

She is awfully low profile though, with only the recent Spider-Man focus to suggest D3 might consider implementing her.

The only troll link I know of is that she has long hair that is often billowing upwards when she is in airborne cover poses with Spider-Man:

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only troll link I know of is that she has long hair that is often billowing upwards when she is in airborne cover poses with Spider-Man:
    There was also the way they strung readers along about whether Jackpot was Mary-Jane or not when the character was introduced.  That was a bit of a troll.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I thought the next toon due was a 5 star? This messes with my hoard pull date!!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Stick said:
    zodiac339 said:
    broll said:
    Sounds like another spider friend to me.  Healing and creating special (web) tiles seems to be among their main gimmicks.
    "You asked for it, so we're finally giving you a 4* Spider-Man (Amazing). In two weeks, Spider-Man (2099) will join the ranks. Then, based on the popularity of Spiderverse, Captain Spider (Flash Thompson) brings a new pretty much the same take on Spider-Man. It's the Summer of Spiders!... (Hey guys. Did we completely forget Defenders is coming to Netflix?... Okay, I got this) Uh, 5* Kingpin (Kingpin) because you like new villains. Make it a 3/5. It's Christmas!"
    I know everyone's gotta be sick of the Spider Friends, but I wouldn't mind Silk showing up eventually >.>
    I also would love to see Silk, 2099, Captain Universe, I'd even take Ben Riley :-p

Edit: Black Cat would be nice also.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Maybe its Pip, with 5* Adam Warlock coming two weeks later. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh my God. I just realised. There's a music video advertising the digital and Blu Ray releases of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. The thing it...
    It's a disco video.
    Dazzler.
    Is.
    CONFIRMED!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

So turns out those '7AP' references were just placeholders

• OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Just like the **** Unknown (Coming Soon) ****
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Sometimes the AP amounts change based on how the character feels or plays.  They were all 7 but could have been placeholder completely when I put this up.  
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    It's an interesting insight into the design process. This indicates that 7 AP is considered the "default" cost for abilities.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Oh hey, Title Change! Nice. I know lots of people were hoping for Yondu to get added!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just please don't let the next release be 5* Daredevil. He's my favorite hero but I have no interest in the tier!
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I like his powers on paper, keeping himself alive while wrecking the opponent's plan with AP destruction and targeting the weakest link. His blue passive would work well in dealing Dr. Strange or 4Cage, avoiding activating their passive.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Somebody said in the reveal section that he would be a 3-5-5, but black seems weak to me, and since you have a lot of good black abilities out there (especially if you pair him with Carol), I would definitely want a 5-3-5 on him, and use his black only as utility.  Mordo's purple is a lot stronger than his black, and it cost 2 ap more. 

On the other side, his blue, seems really really good. Finally a blue power (other than a stun) that I'm really looking forward using.

Was really hoping for Yondu, so I'm very exited about him :)
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Wow. I looked at his pictures 3 times, and only then I realised, he has baby Groot on his shoulder in one of the animations. Nice detail.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    This guy reminds me of 4* Blade: Yondu also has a really good ability (blue), a mediocre ability (black) and a "meh" ability (yellow).
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Looks very cool. I hope that we can plan to start matches with him injured, ensuring to regain health as soon as match-4's start happening (saving health packs). 
    Anyone want to place bets on new sound effects added to the game for Yondu? Doubt it, but we can hope. His Yaka Arrow should have his whistling sound from the movie, but it will probably sound just like Mordo purple...
    Blue looks fantastic! As if Thanos needed another good pairing though...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This guy reminds me of 4* Blade: Yondu also has a really good ability (blue), a mediocre ability (black) and a "meh" ability (yellow).
    I don't know, Yaka Parachute seems pretty good to me. It'll probably take 5 covers to make it anything more than a novelty but at 270 it does heal for nearly 15% of his health every turn after the proc. Plus it's a CD, which Drax and Star-Lord (among others) care about. Competes for Yellow tiles with Star-Lord, I guess.

I guess it's a shame that it doesn't do anything until you start the turn after making the match-4.

I think it's probably more impactful than Ravager's Ruse, though, unless you're bringing him on a team that cares about special tiles, otherwise those (up to) 7 tiny tiles aren't going to matter that much.