Enemy Passives Erroneously Firing In Wave Missions (merged) [Investigating]

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    This is still happening btw... Any news on the fix?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I just got hit four times by Raging Tempest when Storm wasn't even in the match when I fired Call the Storm.

Now that I think about it, Call the Storm might have been referring to a different "Storm" than I assumed ;)
  • GigDgee
    GigDgee Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby

There is a very simple solution to this problem that doesn't require any code at all (although a fix would surely be welcome). Please just tell the devs not to include the problem characters in wave nodes. It's a very small subsection of characters with troublesome passives, it really shouldn't be a big deal to swap them out.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    GigDgee said:
    @Brigby

There is a very simple solution to this problem that doesn't require any code at all (although a fix would surely be welcome). Please just tell the devs not to include the problem characters in wave nodes. It's a very small subsection of characters with troublesome passives, it really shouldn't be a big deal to swap them out.
    Heck, they can even be in Wave Nodes, as long as they're one of the Characters in the starting Team, not one that comes in later.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

@Brigby and @Tombstone, I know you guys put in a Wave Node Fix in R128, but it didn't address the issue where characters that have "feedback" powers pop-up later in a wave, but still get to use their power.  For example, I recently played DDQ's Big Enchilada with Thano5, dropped one of the first three and his Court Death kicked-in, which killed the other two and cycled in come new foes including 3* Captain Marvel who proceeded to immediately capitalized with her Energy Absorption three times and she wasn't even stunned by the Court Death.

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    We unfortunately do not have an ETA on this fix as of this moment. Rest assured though that we will update you and everyone else in the forums when it is ready. The update message will be included within the patch notes of the update that resolve the issue, and if we have time to, post a response here on this particular thread.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

Thank you very much.  :)

• ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Please take these characters out of waves until this is fixed
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I just ate 2 Raging Tempest after killing 3 characters at the same time in wave node. I agree with DStrange4Life, if you can't figure out how to fix it (and it's been here since revamp of DDQ) at least remove those characters from wave nodes.

Honestly, someone should seriously get fired in the office.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    I took 4 raging tempests during today's DDQ as well. It made me laugh, at least. I'm on board with those who say to remove those characters from waves after the first.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least the Raging Tempests in that case are always the little ones, I guess?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Tombstone said:
    We unfortunately do not have an ETA on this fix as of this moment. Rest assured though that we will update you and everyone else in the forums when it is ready. The update message will be included within the patch notes of the update that resolve the issue, and if we have time to, post a response here on this particular thread.
    They don't know how to fix it, do they? Because it's still broken.
    The slap to our face is that an ad hoc fix is actually very simple and has been mentioned multiple times.
    Remove the characters affected by this Bug from the Wave nodes until the bug is fixed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really not that brutal a thing, is it?
  • JSP869
    It depends on your Roster. I finally got my wife and daughter to start playing very recently so they're both barely transitioning into the 2* game. If Captain Marvel or Storm are in the DDQ wave, either one of them can wreck my wife's or daughter's team.

IIRC (& I may not be) Captain Marvel and Hulk are also in at least one or two PvE/story wave nodes as well. Taking out a goon or two and having Hulk get angry as soon as he jumps in can be nasty, especially at higher levels. The Board fills with Green, Hulk smashes, and there goes a health pack that you may not have otherwise needed to use.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I meant to come here and add this, but Sentry was really broken in the first sub of Webbed Wonder. In one of the wave nodes, he fired Supernova before he came on screen, and it wasn't even the wave right before he appeared. There was still a wave between the one I was currently in and the one where he appeared. 

And on a separate running of the same wave node he actually fired Supernova after I had already downed him. 
  • JSP869
    DarthDeVo said:
    I meant to come here and add this, but Sentry was really broken in the first sub of Webbed Wonder. In one of the wave nodes, he fired Supernova before he came on screen, and it wasn't even the wave right before he appeared. There was still a wave between the one I was currently in and the one where he appeared. 

And on a separate running of the same wave node he actually fired Supernova after I had already downed him. 
    I believe that was their Team Up power. I don't know if we, as the player, are still restricted on which Team Ups we can bring to a match, but the AI is allowed to use Team Ups for characters on its own team.

I did that same node, knocked out Sentry, and on the AI's next turn it used one of Sentry's powers. I don't know if it was Supernova or not, but it was one of his powers so I figured it was their Team Up.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I believe that was their Team Up power. I don't know if we, as the player, are still restricted on which Team Ups we can bring to a match, but the AI is allowed to use Team Ups for characters on its own team.

I did that same node, knocked out Sentry, and on the AI's next turn it used one of Sentry's powers. I don't know if it was Supernova or not, but it was one of his powers so I figured it was their Team Up.
     Oh, good point. I didn't even think of that. I basically never use Team Ups, and I never really pay attention to the one the AI has either. 
  • JSP869
    When is this going to get fixed?

DDQ "Dat required character". I finished off the first goon in the second wave using Magneto's Polarity Shift to match three sets of blue tiles, and when Quicksilver came in his Supersonic proc'd three times.

Next match. DDQ "Big Enchilada". I did a match 5 to down the first mob and Jean Grey jumped in and fired Psychic Feedback, stunning my team before my Thanos's Court Death could go off.

This has been broken for a long time. When is it getting fixed? 

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    I believe this is only true for Wave nodes, though.  The enemies in waves are not displayed at the beginning of the match, and I think that circumvents the check for an invalid TU selection.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    This game is nothing but an embarrassment to me at this point. There have been multiple bugs that have been around since last year that still haven't been fixed - this one, mainly, as well as the bug involving bonus damage being treated as a second attack that's been around for at least half a year - and the developers evidently don't proofread and/or use spellcheck before publishing content (look at 3 star Elektra's bio and 2 star Hawkeye's Speed Shot description, for example; seeking redepmtion? Is on now, bro!).

This was my first mobile game (though I play it on Steam, of all things) and I enjoyed it for a couple of years, but I've tried other games since then and they blow this one away. In those, the developers actually fix their bugs within a week of them being reported, and they often give compensation for the trouble, even when they're not as annoying as the ones here. They also take fan feedback into account, whereas I feel like I'm talking to myself whenever I report a bug or voice a complaint here, or actually send them an email. What keeps annoying the hell out of me is that they continue to put Captain Marvel into almost every wave node every day in DDQ, and continue to do nothing to fix this bug that has been around since last year. I was more than happy to rate this game a 1 when they asked me to take the survey this week, and made sure to point out how I'm upset over how lazy they're being about fixing bugs - but I'm sure it'll continue to be ignored. I regret ever spending money on this, and have made sure to steer any friends away from it.