Difficulty Levels Based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels - Update (8/4/17) *Updated

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Near the end of May, we ran our first test of enemy difficulty levels that were based on a player's S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level. As a result, we have received a lot of feedback from the community, and we want to thank everyone for sharing all of their thoughts.

A few things have changed since the last time we ran this update to Event Difficulty (Scaling Tied to S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels), and we'd like to outline those changes below:

Starting with Unstable Iso-8 on Sunday, August 6th at 7:00 am EDT, all Story Events going forward will have difficulty based on S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels.
  • Enemy levels will now start at the same base level. In the table below, the starting level and the maximum level after 4 clears can be seen.
  • Placement rewards have been updated for SCL 7 and 8
  • We reduced the difficulty of Hard, Final, and 4-Star Required missions in SCL 8 by as much as 20% in some instances
Update: Corrected table data for placement Rank 1 of SCL 8; it awards 3 4-Star covers, not 4. Apologies for the confusion. 

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Me too. Is it too early to complain that easy missions are too easy? They could just give us the points for the easy missions automatically and save everyone some time :P By which I mean like 5 minutes, tops.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh wow, me likey!
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Looks like a very positive change.  Any idea what changes are going to happen for new release events for 7/8?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can't wait
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like the reward updates are just small iso bumps, not complaining, but am I missing anything else?
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Nice!  I guess @Brigby's "Soon(TM)" was actually pretty soon!

So, uh, when's CL9 coming?  :D
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Looks like the reward updates are just small iso bumps, not complaining, but am I missing anything else?

extra 4* cover for 1st of cl8
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    No complaints. I think this really opens the door for SCL9. Looking forward to actually doing SCL8 now, I dropped to SCL7 in the past just because the juice wasn't worth the squeeze but this is less than my current scaling. 
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    So very very happy about this
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    If I'm reading that right compared to the current 3 day pve event, it's a REDUCTION to scl 7 prizes.
    I see 4500 for first in scl7 webbed wonder. 4000 in chart.
    And 1000 more to scl8
  • Punishu777
    Punishu777 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    This is awesome.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    @Brigby
    Will the change in pve address the overgrinding nodes problem that was noticed on the test?
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby do you know if they did away with the 1-3 point nodes that keep points after you clear them? Multi-tapping is going to be a very real thing if they didn't.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Fixed scaling. Nice
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    @Brigby what are the SCL entry points? In the test rank 47 was the entry point for SCL8, those ranks have no way to compete with a rank 100+player
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will anything be implemented to discourage players from abusing SCLs lower than the one they are intended to play in? Minor reduction in rewards (mentioned above) won't do it. I think I'll bump the discussion in Suggestions about scaling characters down to intended level in SCL7 and lower (or SCL8 and lower if SCL9 is introduced).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 said:
    I'm on the minority, not a big fan of this change. I believe 5* will dominate most SCL7 brackets for even faster clears/grinds and 4* will have no place to go but 6 (and there's still going to be 5* there). It's going to slow down progress for most 4* roster.
    Sounds like a first world problem to me. My 4* roster progress is fine, and I think I've gotten a 4* from placement all of once.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Scl 9 is coming soon, right? This makes pve waaaaay too easy for developed rosters.