*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Does anyone have his new max damage values for "Rage of the Panther" ?
    It was 4048 and they reduced it by 20% so I assume that it is about 3238.
    Only 3238?
    His black skill is already worth no more, IM40's Unibeam is stronger imho.
  • TheHood wrote:
    Only 3238?

Unibeam is stronger? Are you for real?

Unibeam = 3559 Damage at max level, for 13 red, plus it drains 2 AP from all other colours. It only hits one target. Discounting the AP drain from other colours, it does approximately 274 damage per AP spent (it does 155 damage per AP if you include the AP drain).

Rage of the Panther = 3238 Damage at max level, for 12 black, and it hits everyone. That's a total of 9714 damage to everyone. That's approximately 810 damage per AP spent. It's nearly 3 times as powerful per AP as Unibeam.

The only proper attack in the game I can think of that does more damage per AP is Magnetic Translocation, which does around 827 damage per AP spent, and that's assuming you're lucky enough to swap 13 blue tiles in one attack (highly unlikely). Daredevil's red trap does a whopping 1101 damage per AP spent at max level, but you have to be very lucky to get it to work.
  • It's still the best skill in the game, but I would say it's relatively fair since his other two skills are pretty bad.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    Rarre28 wrote:
    Kind of **** that they'll nerf a new character but won't buff new characters like dare devil

Not really, I'd much rather they sorted him out quickly so people who want to spend HP on him are now fully aware of his abilities. If you leave him for too long it would risk another Ragnarok situation where everyone has him and everyone moans when he gets nerfed. Now his black is powerful, but not more than BWGS Sniper Rifle, plus it has various downsides as well compared to the Sniper Rifle.
    Pretty sure the majority of the moaning didn't come from old players that had him forever but ones that had just spent $ on him, some just hours before the unannounced nerf.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    Rarre28 wrote:
    Kind of **** that they'll nerf a new character but won't buff new characters like dare devil

Not really, I'd much rather they sorted him out quickly so people who want to spend HP on him are now fully aware of his abilities. If you leave him for too long it would risk another Ragnarok situation where everyone has him and everyone moans when he gets nerfed. Now his black is powerful, but not more than BWGS Sniper Rifle, plus it has various downsides as well compared to the Sniper Rifle.
    Pretty sure the majority of the moaning didn't come from old players that had him forever but ones that had just spent $ on him, some just hours before the unannounced nerf.

That's true (I was one of those affected as I'd spent a lot of HP on him just before his nerf), but it's still true that fixing him quickly is better so that people don't get too used to him in his old state. He's still powerful now, and will be a cornerstone of many teams, he's just not as OP as previous.
  • I think the poster's point was that they are willing to make a change to one new character but not another which has received an equal amount of forum attention in terms of needing a change.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    TheHood wrote:
    Only 3238?

Unibeam is stronger? Are you for real?

Unibeam = 3559 Damage at max level, for 13 red, plus it drains 2 AP from all other colours. It only hits one target. Discounting the AP drain from other colours, it does approximately 274 damage per AP spent (it does 155 damage per AP if you include the AP drain).

Rage of the Panther = 3238 Damage at max level, for 12 black, and it hits everyone. That's a total of 9714 damage to everyone. That's approximately 810 damage per AP spent. It's nearly 3 times as powerful per AP as Unibeam.

The only proper attack in the game I can think of that does more damage per AP is Magnetic Translocation, which does around 827 damage per AP spent, and that's assuming you're lucky enough to swap 13 blue tiles in one attack (highly unlikely). Daredevil's red trap does a whopping 1101 damage per AP spent at max level, but you have to be very lucky to get it to work.
    His black skill hits everyone? The whole team? I thought only one target, my bad.
    So the italian description is wrong.

P.S. the italian description is right now
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    ^ italics, not italian
    sorry for being a nitpicker
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    locked wrote:
    ^ italics, not italian
    sorry for being a nitpicker
    Maybe he's talking about localization issues
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    This is a serious question. When I was playing the last PVP event, I thought the AI went after way more environmental tiles than it otherwise normally would. This makes sense in the scope BP because of Battleplan, but I could see it as being a liability otherwise. Of course he's got top tier HP and a powerful black skill, but if the AI goes for fairly useless environmental tiles at a higher frequency (especially on the city stage) then I could see this being a problem. You could be taking the useful tiles while the AI is doing that and probably just steal and paltry amount of AP that the AI actually does match using OBW or Hood. Did anyone else notice this?
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    optimiza wrote:
    This is a serious question. When I was playing the last PVP event, I thought the AI went after way more environmental tiles than it otherwise normally would. This makes sense in the scope BP because of Battleplan, but I could see it as being a liability otherwise. Of course he's got top tier HP and a powerful black skill, but if the AI goes for fairly useless environmental tiles at a higher frequency (especially on the city stage) then I could see this being a problem. You could be taking the useful tiles while the AI is doing that and probably just steal and paltry amount of AP that the AI actually does match using OBW or Hood. Did anyone else notice this?

In my experience the AIs love for Environmental AP is not limited to Black Panther. It always seems to love those things regardless of what character they are. It would often match Environmental AP when I have just gotten enough AP to kill them next turn. I love when it spends its last moments of life doing 0 damage.
  • Oh boy! DD finally has a use for his purple! BP would be just killing his team that way. Lol.

In all seriousness, it could be his weakness, and if it's matching enviros at a higher frequency, definitely use that to your advantage.
  • The AI loves envirionmental tiles in all cases. Battleplan is actually strong because it manages to salvage what's usually a useless match (people who don't plan on using enviornmental tile will always fight you on the city) into something potentially useful.
  • Reagan administration
  • To me the first 2 skills look just placeholders. Or by-the-way ones if the actual team happens not using those colors at all.

Sure if you love his yellow pair him with mStorm.
  • Reagan administration

This is the best joke that's ever been made on this forum. Hands down.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    If BP's Battleplan did not consume the enviornmental tiles, or...did not have 15 as the base requirement, say 5, now he's yellow is useful. I prefer the does not consume and leave at 15 enviormental tiles, I think this makes him unique, strategic, and a buff that doesn't make him insanely crazy
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Panther - T'Challa

9 AP - Battleplan
    Converts one random basic Yellow tile into a strength 9 Strike tile for each 15 environment AP the team has, NOT consuming the AP in the process. (min 1 tile)
    Level 2: Increase strike tile strength to 13.
    Level 3: Increase strike tile strength to 16.
    Level 4: Increase strike tile strength to 20.
    Level 5: Increase strike tile strength to 23.

While Black need to be toned down, Yellow is just terrible as is, get rid of the consumption of Enviornmental tiles and BP is a solid lineup spot.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Didn't need a new thread for this, and especially not in General Discussion.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now that BP has been fixed, I actually think that 5/3/5 has a ton of merit. 3 yellow -> 5 yellow is a 43% increase in strike tile efficiency, going from 100 to 150ish. 3 blue -> 5 blue is a 28% increase in tile strength, plus being able to place down 1 extra tile. Going from 4 max tiles to 5 max tiles seems pretty marginal due to how incredibly unlikely it is to actually have 4 tiles on board + the defense grid tile to make 5 tiles. This means that the generator has to be alive for at least 10 turns and none of the defense tiles were destroyed, which seems extremely unlikely in practice. Yellow, on the other hand, is sort of like upgrading Punisher green from 3->5 in that your 2 yellow tiles gets a boost from 200 to 300 strength total.