Character Rankings Holiday 2016 Edition - The Results

Options
13»

Comments

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lots of great info here, but it does seem like some of the writeups are skewed positive for mid to low rated characters, which I suppose isn't surprising since people would have been more likely to volunteer for characters they like/use.
    I would be interested to see more samples of the comments left in the survey by other users (I know that would take time, just throwing it out there).
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for all your hard work in organizing all this information.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bigsmooth wrote:
    Lots of great info here, but it does seem like some of the writeups are skewed positive for mid to low rated characters, which I suppose isn't surprising since people would have been more likely to volunteer for characters they like/use.
    I would be interested to see more samples of the comments left in the survey by other users (I know that would take time, just throwing it out there).
    Almost every character has a niche and that was something I tried to focus on when putting together my write-ups. When people come back here in the future looking for character info they want to get a feel for the unique uses a character has that might add a little more value than their ranking would indicate in cases where a character meets a need that otherwise isn't met on someone's roster.

Take my writeup for Thing. He's a mediocre middle of the road type character, but pair him with XFDP and all of a sudden you have maybe the best 4* defensive duo out there. So if you are looking for your 10th champed 4* maybe he fills that defensive need on your roster even though he isn't the 10th best 4*.
  • Lilmaveric_15
    Lilmaveric_15 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Shoot, I voted the last couple times but missed this one! Gonna read it now.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great writeups everyone! And I'm flattered that you chose my 1* Hawkeye synopsis - thanks Ebola!
  • Sgcray12
    Options
    Is there a list of the release date of each character? Maybe just the month if not the actual date and also which characters were in the original launch of the game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sgcray12 wrote:
    Is there a list of the release date of each character? Maybe just the month if not the actual date and also which characters were in the original launch of the game.
    You want this thread for that data.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thx for the survey ! Lot's of great analysis and cool roaster suggestion. Love it !
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Anxiously awaiting writeups for Cyk3 and C Mags... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jigawatt
    jigawatt Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    this is definitely useful for some strategies, but there are definitely other strats out there since there are so many combinations.

But, now that I know 4* cyclops is actually high tier, I guess I won't sell him, haha.

All that's needed for the iceman section is the phrase '4 turn stun for 6 blue ap'
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Coming back to the game after about 8 months off, this thtread has been brilliantly insightful, thank you!
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like we're coming up on 6 months...?
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bigsmooth said:
    Sorry, I'm a little late to the party, I realize I'm responding to something from six months ago . . . 

With that being said, you're absolutely right, the write ups are totally skewed positively.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know when I was choosing which characters to detail, I chose the ones that I found a use for that hadn't been mentioned or that I hadn't really seen before.  Characters that I like that no one else seems to like.

Colossus for example, is he a top tier character, no, not hardly and his ranking pretty much confirms it.  Nonetheless, I found a pretty good team for him so I just wanted to share what I use him for.

I believe that most people come to a character ranking for one of two reasons, a) should I keep this character on my roster?  b)  I've decided to keep this character, how can I use him.  Question a is answered by the ranking, (if you're hurting on roster spots, then yeah, the 37th ranked 3* probably isn't the best use of a roster spot).  I pretty much wrote to answer the second question.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roland113 said:
    bigsmooth said:
    With that being said, you're absolutely right, the write ups are totally skewed positively.  I can't speak for everyone, but I know when I was choosing which characters to detail, I chose the ones that I found a use for that hadn't been mentioned or that I hadn't really seen before.  Characters that I like that no one else seems to like.
    Seems fine to me, the ranking spells out how everyone feels about the character (in aggregate), so why shouldn't the write-ups highlight the good points. Pretty much everyone has some.
  • Stockers15
    Stockers15 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for this great post - has helped me progress from 1* land to entering 4* land. Can't wait for the next update.
  • IamTheBiggs
    Options
    Is it about that time for another update?
  • IamTheBiggs
    Options
    Man oh man... it has been a while... what is it gonna take to get another ranking going? Seriously, I don't know everything involved.
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Man oh man... it has been a while... what is it gonna take to get another ranking going? Seriously, I don't know everything involved.
    The mostly accurate 4* rating thread is pretty damn spot on.  There have only been a few 3* since these rankings, so they’re relatively static.  Strange and Thanos are good 3*.