Should I try to cover Bl4de?

Options
bk201
bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
Hi experts!

The title says almost everything. So, should I try to max cover Bl4de before he rotates out? According to other posts, in the beginning of the next season. If this is wrong info, please correct it.

I've been using him and C4arol a lot, now they're @ 209, just under my highest 3*. I have 40-ish LT, don't plan to use my 2500 CP atm, but it's an option. Also, have 2.5 million ISO in case I need to champion those 4* and not waste a single cover. And have the spots for the 3 5* if I get any of those.

What do you think?

Updated my roster today.
Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Blade is fairly awesome, you can't go wrong with him. Is it worth blowing your stash? Given that your Blade is currently 3/4/3, you need 3 covers. Assuming you get lucky and don't end up with a wasted 6th cover, on average you'll need about 40 pulls to get them (3*12 4* plus 1/10 5*). And, of course, you might not get lucky. 

Blade is going to rotate out soon, so additional covers are going to be hard to come by,

So, it's up to you. You certainly have the resources to pull it off. In those pulls, you'll probably get your 13th Carol at the same time; while Blade is not the ideal partner for Carol, he'll do until something better comes along.

Are you thinking about jumping directly to 5* land? If not, I don't see why you're hoarding like this. There are several pretty good 4* in the pool now, and several of them play very well with Carol (Groot, Coulson, Medusa, Gamora), and several of them are good on their own (C&D, and the Riri and Mordo reworks look very nice)... Yes, there some mid-tier guys in there (Venom, maybe mordo), but with the reworks nobody looks actively bad. 

My 2 cents; the point here is that the question you ask is tied to the hoard you've accumulated. If you aren't going to use it to jump to 5* land, then I suggest you use it now and land fully in 4* land.

• bk201
    Options
    Thanks for your reply abominatrix!

No, I'm not thinking about jumping directly to 5* land. Considering my stash, I'd need, at least, additional 100 pulls from Latest to maybe fully cover those 3 5*. That would be 2500 CP and with my current income, it'll probably take several months, unfortunately. I was hoarding those while gathering enough ISO to champion 3 or 4 4* at the same time.
    Blade is going to rotate out soon, so additional covers are going to be hard to come by.
    Also, this is why I'm considering spending some tokens on him as I need only 3 covers. So I'll take the risks trying to cover Blade, Carol, and some other 4* from the pool.

But thinking about the odds, is it a good idea to open some Classic tokens trying to cover them and save the LT for the next characters?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you want to champion blade, you could also just spend the 360 CP. Sure, it's only 3 covers instead of 18, but it would be the 3 you want rather than 18 that you might not want and might not be able to use. 

Of course, you can do that even after he's rotated out of tokens, so maybe that's best left as a plan B.

So really what you have to ask yourself is: do you want some Blade covers now, or some (roughly the same number) Vulture covers in a few days; that pretty much boils down to the difference. Blade is great and you'll get (improved) use out of him right away, and Vulture seems great but you probably won't be able to use him fully for a while.
  • bk201
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Jaedenkaal!

Yeah, this is another option that I completely forgot. I've focused on hoarding CP  for the 4* transition that I didn't even consider buying those covers.

With this other choice in mind, maybe the question changes to: Do I want to jump on 4* land or should I stay more time on 3*? More confused now :D:D
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 2 cents,

If you want to move up to 4* land, I think you can start doing it now or maybe wait for a day until 4blade is out and Vulture is in. Then flag 4Blade as your only Bonus Hero. Then start pulling classic tokens (20 CP) with your CP (still save LT for now). You already have all of the current latest 4* rostered, including 4blade and vulture, so all of your pulls will be usable. Keep pulling and champ whoever hit 13 covers or 14 covers until you're out of ISO. Then stop pulling and back to save up ISO until you can champ someone again. Rinse and repeat until you've champed all the 12 latest. What I can't comment on is what to do with the bonus hero flag after you've champed Blade (you likely get to champ him when open your hoard).

As for LT, I think this is a bit up to you. You can save them for now since two of the 5* in the LT are not that good or you can open them if that 2.5k CP is not enough to help you fully cover a decent chunk of 4* before you're out of ISO (unlikely, imo).

You should definitely wait to hear from other vets as well before decide what you want to do.

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I say go for it, but open classics using CP instead of LTs. Blade is great. Plus you will likely cover one or two others while trying to finish him.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bk201 said:

With this other choice in mind, maybe the question changes to: Do I want to jump on 4* land or should I stay more time on 3*? More confused now :D:D
    If your highest 3* is 209, and you have all 20 currently in tokens rostered and championed (or nearly so) then there's no reason not to aim for some 4*s. 
  • bk201
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

aa25, that's another interesting strategy! Have a couple of questions:

According to your experience, how many BH you vets have got from several pulls in a row? Do you think I can get those 3 covers from 125 pulls (hopefully the right colors)?
  • aa25
    Options
    I don't keep track of how many BH I got so I can't really comment on that.

I think the real question is whether you mind having your 4Blade stuck at lv27x-ish. With BH, you will definitely fully cover him and it will be sooner than later. Even if you don't get those 3 covers within this round of pulls, you still have the next round and so on. 3Blade will drop another cover of his at lv223 too. So I don't think you have to worry about that.

The thing is, if you decide to move up to 4* land now, do you want to crack your hoard before or after 4Blade leaves the pack.

Option 1 (Before 4Blade is out) may give you, say, 20 champed levels top (assume you draw him twice as much. 125 pulls, 12 characters = 10 each on average.) and after that, you probably won't see him again for quite a while. So he will stuck at around lv290-ish at best.

Option 2 (After 4Bladue is out) your 4Blade will stuck at lv27x-ish.

I personally would go with option 2.

Hope this helps. :)
  • bk201
    Options
    Yeah, you vets always help a lot, thanks again!

Well, I'll go with option 2, so I can eventually fully cover Blade and also get some covers for Vulture. Even though I didn't played with him, he doesn't look like a low tier. I think in this transition, extra help to the roster is always welcome, even if I won't champ him right away.
  • aa25
    Options
    @bk201

Well, the tokens are changed without any announcement ahead of time again. The transition strategy above is probably not as efficient as before. (You now will have 50% to pull 4* that you don't have rostered.). And I don't know what is a better way now.
  • abominatrix
    Options
    With today's change, I'd just blow the stash for as long as you have ISO to handle the champs that come up, and the HP to roster who comes up. Once you run out of one, start hoarding until you can handle the next champ/new hero. I think the change is pretty positive, but you will have to manage both resources closely until every 4* is rostered.

• bk201
    Options
    I was quite excited to open some tokens today but when I saw that... thought about waiting for other ideas. Well, I have all 4* rostered, except for SpiderGwen, so it isn't an issue. Have only 1 5*, but I have 6 spots now plus the maxed 2* I can cycle, just in case.

I guess the good news is that I have more chances of getting some covers for those vintage 4* and the bad one is the dilution issue on both pools, especially in Classic with more 5*.

So, with this change, I think the only question now is if I pull from Classic (125) or Latest (40 + 100). What do you think?
  • aa25
    Options
    bk201 said:
    I was quite excited to open some tokens today but when I saw that... thought about waiting for other ideas. Well, I have all 4* rostered, except for SpiderGwen, so it isn't an issue. Have only 1 5*, but I have 6 spots now plus the maxed 2* I can cycle, just in case.

I guess the good news is that I have more chances of getting some covers for those vintage 4* and the bad one is the dilution issue on both pools, especially in Classic with more 5*.

So, with this change, I think the only question now is if I pull from Classic (125) or Latest (40 + 100). What do you think?
    Only pull from Latest if you plan to move to 5* land and can do at least ~300 pulls at once. That will give you a decent to fully cover the 5* in latest. Lower than that, there will be a good chance one of the three 5* will leave the pack before you can fully cover him/her which make that 5* stuck there forever. (Thus, why you should save LT for now.)

If you already have all 4* rostered, then this tokens change won't hurt so that much ( I don't think it will hurt you even.)

I would say pulls that 125 classic first and see where you end up at and make a decision later. By then, your roster will be at a different stage.

Good luck!
  • abominatrix
    Options
    Agreed with @aa25. The only reason to spend the extra 5CP per pull is if you're making the push to 5* land, and when you do that, you need to be able to do it at once, which is why you need about 300 pulls between LTs and CP.

• bk201
    Options
    Thanks for your replies @aa25 and @abominatrix!
    I'll pull those Classics, probably this weekend, and then I post the results!
  • bk201
    Options
    Firstly, some statistics:

100 Classic tokens:
    - 4*: 93
    - 5*: 7
    10 Bonus Heroes: 
    - 4*: 8
    - 5*: 2
    Latest 12:
    - 41 covers

Some thoughts before we proceed to the list:
    - I stopped pulling when ran out of roster spots, got Spider Gwen plus 6 5*, so I need more HP.
    - For BH, after getting the last 3 Blade covers, decided to select Medusa and got 5 more, so she sits at 4/4/4 now.
    - Got these 5*: Black Bolt (2Bk), Black Widow (1R), Strange: (1B,1P), GGoblin (1P), Steve (1B,1Y) and Logan (1R).
    - Didn't get any covers for these chars: Elektra, Gwenpool, Kate, Luke Cage, Nova, Spider Woman, Thoress, Eddie, War Machine and X-23.

So, now I can champ Carol and Blade, Medusa has 12 covers, Riri and C&D have 10, Cyclops has 9, IW and Mordo have 8, the others have 7 or less. For the future pulls, will keep Medusa as BH till she gets one more, but there's one red Riri dying on the vine, don't know if I'll be able to champ her before it expires.
  • bk201
    Options
    Here goes the list:

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

medusa blade carol are a great starting trio.  and clagger fits in excellently as well to feed carol.  congrats.  and 2 BB black covers are a great start on him, although finishing him from there is a fool's errand.  but if you get another couple of black, he'll actually be worth using some.