**** Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse) ****

Comments

• fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Try her with 3* Steve Rogers and 3* Black Widow. If it really won't use choice-required powers, you'll only ever see her own powers.
    Done. You solved it and you CAN proc choose tile powers.  
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    @fahq1977
    Thank you for that informative post! She looks like a very interesting support character. I hope I'll get her cover from this PvE event but I doubt it... Looking forward to get some of her covers in the next event though.
    Agree with you on her cover. I actually really like it since I don't know much about Mockingbird. It really wants me to read her comics now :) 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    fahq1977 said:
    Try her with 3* Steve Rogers and 3* Black Widow. If it really won't use choice-required powers, you'll only ever see her own powers.
    Done. You solved it and you CAN proc choose tile powers.  
    @fahq1977 What are your thoughts on how the AI automatically placed the tiles for you? 

In other words, most people use Super Steve's red and blue powers to overwrite enemy special tiles. I'm assuming the AI just places it randomly, perhaps even in spots whet it can easily be matched away. 

Or with GSBW, I know I use her purple to create as many critical tiles and trigger cascades when I can. AI does usually tend to use the power to create some green matches, but rarely to create crits and cascades, unless the board is already heavy on green tiles and kind of happens by accident. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably the powers are used as well (or as badly) as when the AI is playing those characters on the enemy team.
  • fork1977
    edited July 2017
    jamesh said:
    Presumably the powers are used as well (or as badly) as when the AI is playing those characters on the enemy team.
    Jamesh has it right.  It's just normal AI who you fight and AI cannot use board manipulation well
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    A quick video of her in action. Four free power's were fired during the match, not too shabby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7Oe02ArLc

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando said:
    Why did they have to use that cover? Mockingbird has so many awesome covers, why did they have to use the painfully awkward one?

I mean...I don't buy into the "SJW" or "Anti SJW" nonsense, but I feel that cover was deliberately baiting.

Why on Earth did you guys use this one? It is way more dynamic and fits the character better.

Agree to disagee.  Love the cover they chose, one of my favorite story arcs in a long time.  
    I've heard the story is good, I'm not going to deny how you feel about the story. I'm speaking purely on an aesthetic side of things. Even ignoring the somewhat baity image, I feel it says little about the character. It's kinda bland really. Just a woman standing on a beach with a drink. Woo?

It's not really a cover that makes me want the character. I dunno how much covers factor in to the average player wanting a character, but it doesn't exactly catch the eye.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    The story is good, and knowing how and why she's on that beach holding that drink makes me appreciate the cover more than I think I would if I didn't.

Someone in the other thread commented that she just looks like a random woman. To me that's part of the point.

Having played with the loaner, I really wish I'd managed to place T10 for that red cover. It seems really useful. I didn't have her passive fire, as the board was sadly devoid of match-4s. I did get to fire purple, though. Destroying ap is always fun.
  • fork1977
    granne said:
    The story is good, and knowing how and why she's on that beach holding that drink makes me appreciate the cover more than I think I would if I didn't.

Someone in the other thread commented that she just looks like a random woman. To me that's part of the point.

Having played with the loaner, I really wish I'd managed to place T10 for that red cover. It seems really useful. I didn't have her passive fire, as the board was sadly devoid of match-4s. I did get to fire purple, though. Destroying ap is always fun.
    Red is noice! when she's boosted. Can't plan around opportunist but you'll likely want it at 5 for the extra AP. Purple is sweet for that cheap
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    fahq1977 said:
    Cthulhu said:
    edit: In my tests with Mockinbird during the Sinister Six event, the enemy's strongest AP color changed based on which boss was out and the answer is everyone's damage goes up by a flat amount before strike tiles.  Then the strike tile does add more damage per what I'm seeing in my play throughs.  I should have a confirmation by tomorrow.
    I can confirm 6 things about Mockingbird:

1) Chtulu is right, the purple passive (secret mission) is a flat amount of extra damage, doesn't double proc off strike tiles.
    2) As long as you have at least one more bombshell tile out, you wont take damage when CD hits.  But if you double proc them and one gets matched away, you will take the hit when the third (and last) goes off.  But her red is pretty good.  Fortified and everything.
    3) Dr. Strange does NOT fire off his Flames of Faltine when Opportunist triggers a power from a teammate.
    (EDIT)
    4) You CAN trigger a teammate power that has you select tiles.  Hat tip to Jaedenkaal.  Was able to proc GSBWs pistol and sniper rifle and Coulson's purple swap.  
    5) All the powers proc AFTER opponent finishes tile matching, and you can proc multiple times.  I had Riri go off 3 times once.
    6) There are a bunch of sexist tools who play this game and visit forum boards.  The cover is sweet.  Not sure how it can be at all "provocative"

(EDIT) What I can't yet tell is if Opportunist can proc a power that should not proc (like Loki's Trickery is no strike tiles exist).  I'm thinking no, and haven't seen anything to make me thing there is an issue.  Seems like you will always get some active power going off.

Mockingbird is.....surprisingly good.  I started her off 5* SL and Kate since it led to color rainbow and they both have pricey powers.  That worked okay, but with boosted Riri, she really started to shine.  Riri tanked her red while the blue fed Bombshell (which is awesome when doubled at 18).  Though maxed Riri red is clearly superior since the rework.

She is clearly best on a team that can generate AP and matches (Riri can do both) and has staying power so you can hoard AP. Loki was helpful, but Coulson is moreso (especially since his powers cost a bit) and the CD tiles will help build AP.  I liked her with Riri, Vulture, C4rol, & Coulson that was good synergy since she really helps with AP generators.    

Clearly, she is a nice counter to Switch and Phoenix, Iceman or even Riri.  Fills a nice niche as a support character

Thanks for this :)

Do you know if Bombshell only works with her own ability CD tiles, or that "if one more exists" can also mean another CD tile from a different ability ? 

Example: I cast Bombshell and Colson's yellow ability. One of my bombshell CD is matched away, so I have 1 CD from Bombshell & 2 CD from Coulson. Do I get the max damage, or not ?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question about Bombshell: Do the CD tiles have to expire at the same time? Or can I accelerate one with Carols Yellow and get the full damage?
  • fork1977
    edited July 2017
    Anon said:
    Question about Bombshell: Do the CD tiles have to expire at the same time? Or can I accelerate one with Carols Yellow and get the full damage?
    You can accelerate them.  When one explodes, it takes a second with it.  If there is no second, then you take damage and do less damage. This is ONLY if another one of her bombshell tiles exist.  It does not interact with any other character's special tiles.

The good news is that since they are fortified and only at 2 turns CD, you can wait until red is dispersed so it's highly unlikely AI can remove one. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator said:
    mockingbird uses her cover shirt as an alt costume. its awesome
    The important bit that is missing here is the alternative costume has a CORGI sitting by her.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    fahq1977 said:
    You can accelerate them.  When one explodes, it takes a second with it.  If there is no second, then you take damage and do less damage. This is ONLY if another one of her bombshell tiles exist.  It does not interact with any other character's special tiles.

The good news is that since they are fortified and only at 2 turns CD, you can wait until red is dispersed so it's highly unlikely AI can remove one. 
    Also interesting trivia; if they're both still fortified when they start resolving, the first tile will expire and disappear, but it will remove the CD from the second tile, leaving a Fortified Red basic tile.

Definitely an interesting power, I think it rivals Photonic Barrage in power.
  • fork1977
    fahq1977 said:

Also interesting trivia; if they're both still fortified when they start resolving, the first tile will expire and disappear, but it will remove the CD from the second tile, leaving a Fortified Red basic tile.

Definitely an interesting power, I think it rivals Photonic Barrage in power.
    I haven't maxed Mockingbird yet, but Bombshell hits for around 21K when she is ~270 and boosted. Carol's is listed as higher damage when both are at 5 covers and 270 

I think Carol's is better because it's cheaper and uses black, and has a benefit of staying around.  But Bombshell is close.  
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I think everyone is missing an important detail about Bombshell - that animation is probably the coolest thing they've added to the game.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I laughed when I saw the cover.  The belt, the shirt, and the drink along with the serious secret agent face made me happy. :-)
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I´m imaging her (5/5/3) on a team with Carol (5/3/5) and Jean Grey (5/3/5). Don`t dare to make a match-4 or match-5... B)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    fahq1977 said:
    I haven't maxed Mockingbird yet, but Bombshell hits for around 21K when she is ~270 and boosted. Carol's is listed as higher damage when both are at 5 covers and 270 

I think Carol's is better because it's cheaper and uses black, and has a benefit of staying around.  But Bombshell is close.  
    Photonic Barrage does 5991 at 5 covers and level 70, while Bombshell does either 6594 or 5001. At level (fixed typo) 270 it's 11674 for Carol vs 12843 or 9741 for Bobbi. The same ratios will apply at 366 or all the way up to 550. Bombshell will do slightly more damage at full effect, or somewhat less if one of the tiles is matched away.

The main differences in my eyes is that Bombshell resolves much faster, but doesn't generate special tiles or have any other kind of internal synergy, while Photonic Barrage is slightly cheaper, and has additional effects while you're waiting for it to expire.

Like I said, they're pretty close.

Or, you could just run them both.