v2.2.0 Release Notes (7/25/17)

1235»

Comments

• speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    • Smart Filters: When building Event decks, filters will now automatically take into account the Event’s restrictions.
    Simple question: has anyone seen this? I didn't understand what exactly it meant in the announcement and I still don't know. Are these filters you're supposed to switch on? Are they automatically (and invisible, at least to me)? The normal search filter is great, don't get me wrong (beside the fact that it's a mystery why that took so long), but "smart filters"? I'd appreciate any clues.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    • Smart Filters: When building Event decks, filters will now automatically take into account the Event’s restrictions.
    Simple question: has anyone seen this? I didn't understand what exactly it meant in the announcement and I still don't know. Are these filters you're supposed to switch on? Are they automatically (and invisible, at least to me)? The normal search filter is great, don't get me wrong (beside the fact that it's a mystery why that took so long), but "smart filters"? I'd appreciate any clues.
    I think what it means is that you can only build decks with cards from the format of the event (i.e. Standard sets or Legacy sets). What I don't understand is how that is even remotely different from the way things were before they decided to "fix" things.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Matthew said:
    I think what it means is that you can only build decks with cards from the format of the event (i.e. Standard sets or Legacy sets). What I don't understand is how that is even remotely different from the way things were before they decided to "fix" things.
    I believe the difference is that the available cards will no longer show Legacy cards, if you are creating a deck for a Standard event.

One concern we've heard previously was that players would accidentally add Legacy cards to their Standard deck, attempt to save it, and encounter the invalid deck prompt. This would repeat until the player is able to finally identify which cards are Legacy cards, and avoid choosing them. 

Now only Standard cards will be displayed as available cards.
  • speakupaskanswer
    Brigby said:
    Matthew said:
    I believe the difference is that the available cards will no longer show Legacy cards, if you are creating a deck for a Standard event.

One concern we've heard previously was that players would accidentally add Legacy cards to their Standard deck, attempt to save it, and encounter the invalid deck prompt. This would repeat until the player is able to finally identify which cards are Legacy cards, and avoid choosing them. 

But that already was the case! You couldn't add legacy cards to standard events! That would have been horrible! Did it work already by accident and it's now made official? Are the devs also high-fiving each other for introducing the creatures and the "Defeat"-animation? Wow.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    Matthew said:

But that already was the case! You couldn't add legacy cards to standard events! That would have been horrible! Did it work already by accident and it's now made official? Are the devs also high-fiving each other for introducing the creatures and the "Defeat"-animation? Wow.
    Ah! You're correct. Apologies for the confusion, as I was referencing the wrong change.

The Smart Filters apply specifically to the Auto-Fill feature for Event Decks. Now when you select Auto-Fill, it will factor in any event restrictions into its choice of cards.
  • speakupaskanswer
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    Matthew said:

Ah! You're correct. Apologies for the confusion, as I was referencing the wrong change.

The Smart Filters apply specifically to the Auto-Fill feature for Event Decks. Now when you select Auto-Fill, it will factor in any event restrictions into its choice of cards.
    That's what I thought too but that doesn't seem to work either. At least, it doesn't seem to be smart. When the objective is not to play more than two supports, the auto-fill-filter shouldn't add many supports. Or not one vehicle in FiRF. Or mediocre cards at all. I don't want to give you a hard time as confusion seems appropriate but this seems really nonsense.