Please slow down

TheDragonHermit
TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
Just everything, but notably the boosters if you won't stack them and more importantly your releases. Yes new content is important, but with bugs locking players out saying something went wrong and errors stripping them of the ribbons so vital to the competition that drives this game maybe it is time to step back and reconsider how fast an update is released, give QA more time to comb the game, maybe even start a closed beta of random active players from different tiers to test things out before the release and hype the community up with a player's perspective on the upcoming features. Just flag the cards they earn specifically from the beta and convert them to runes, a reward for the help but not so much it completely unbalances things.

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    I disagree.  I think they should speed up.  Then they would have more time for regression testing.
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    The problem isn't speed but focus and priorities.
  • TheDragonHermit
    They seemed to think the problem was speed when they delayed booster crafting, and I thought about it for a bit and agreed. There are a lot of moving parts going on behind the scenes and quite possibly several conflicting actions trying to happen all at once in a game. Each time new features are brought in more bugs pile up on the old ones.
     Right now there are several things in the game frustrating me, but I would think that the persistent bugs would be the most universal, no matter what your opinions are on the new features that have been implemented. And I am not suggesting that they stop making new content, just that they slow down so they can dig themselves out from under all the bugs to make a more stable game.
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I wish they would test out features, or get community feedback. The booster change is awful. Not allowing a different deck on the same node is awful. It really seems like they do not test anything before they release. Then, of course, they refuse to acknowledge it is working poorly.
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    The constant bugs is a definite sign that more QA is needed, and that takes time. With the focus on each succeeding release vs actually fixing things the problem is one that will continue unless d3 actually decides to skip a release and focus on fixing things, that or actually hiring more programmers who know how to program.  The current problem with HOR is a great example. This error should never have happened. It was just push out the release and hope nothing happens.... 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The constant bugs is a definite sign that more QA is needed, and that takes time. With the focus on each succeeding release vs actually fixing things the problem is one that will continue unless d3 actually decides to skip a release and focus on fixing things, that or actually hiring more programmers who know how to program.  The current problem with HOR is a great example. This error should never have happened. It was just push out the release and hope nothing happens.... 

Almost as if they caved to complaints that it was taking too long... 

Literally the same thing happens every expansion. Complaints about taking too long - > release immediately after complaint-> "why didn't they take their time?" 

Can't satisfy everyone. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    Indeed, I will admit to being in the release now camp for booster crafting. I now just want a regularly functioning game. This simply means I will have to fortify my patience in order to be consistent on this.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem isn't speed but focus and priorities.
    Also maybe talent, and competence.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weird.. I don't recall anyone complaining about the release date of HOU. We had some predictions, and some anticipation, but where were the large-scale complaints that they needed to get it out faster? Maybe I missed it during my "dialing back on the forums" period.
  • Ohboy
    Liar liar, pants on fire. 

The announcement date for the expansion was either a response to that thread, or really coincidental timing. 

I think there was also a reddit thread asking about it. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there wasn't a reddit thread about it.
  • madwren
    Ohboy said:
    Liar liar, pants on fire. 

The announcement date for the expansion was either a response to that thread, or really coincidental timing. 

I think there was also a reddit thread asking about it. 

I don't read Reddit, except for the Fire Emblem Heroes subreddit.

I know there are two threads where someone asked when it was: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66174/hou-mtgpq-release and https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66344/hour-of-devastation-cards

I can't find any other ones, which is why I asked. If there is one, I'd like to read it, because I really dipped in my forum reading for a couple of weeks pre-relesed.

Thanks for choosing to call me a liar, instead of simply answering my question.

• Ohboy
    Or you know... That was the title of the thread you asked for. 
  • madwren
    Ohboy said:
    Or you know... That was the title of the thread you asked for. 

Clearly, I'm missing it--can you simply provide the link? I would appreciate it.

If you wonder why many people consider you obstructionistic at best, this is a fine example. I ask a question--get an insult in return. I respond with links to the threads that I did find, acknowledge I can't find the one you're referring to, and state I'd like to read it.

Instead of being helpful, you respond with a sarcastic rejoinder.

I just don't understand the purpose behind this sort of behavior.

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    @madwren Here is your link -- it was very easy to find and you could have searched it yourself instead of accusing someone of insulting you. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66343/liar-liar-pants-on-fire

As I've said before. This is why we can't have nice things. 

• madwren
    bken1234 said:
    @madwren Here is your link -- it was very easy to find and you could have searched it yourself instead of accusing someone of insulting you. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/66343/liar-liar-pants-on-fire

As I've said before. This is why we can't have nice things. 

Thanks! It's very helpful of you to provide the link.

It was, however, unnecessary to suggest that I did not search for it myself. As someone who's very self-sufficient, I did my best, but am more than willing to ask for assistance when necessary.  Indeed, I had searched for numerous keywords, including such phrases as "expansion fast", "where expansion", "bored content", "hou release", yet as you'll see if you replicate the search, that thread does not come up as a result for any of those searches.

Perhaps the reason we cannot have nice things is because people assume the worst about each other in every response--for example, both my assuming Ohboy insulted me, and your assuming that I didn't search for it myself.  It would be great if we could all make a concerted effort to reduce the snark and try to be genuinely helpful and positive in our responses. Let's challenge each other to be better!

Apologies, Ohboy--I took your statement as disbelief rather than the title of a forum thread, and past history made me take umbrage. Thanks for providing the name of the thread even though I didn't know it at the time.

• Ohboy
    Maybe if we didn't throw insults at ANYONE, this wouldn't even be an issue. 

Yes that includes devs. 
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Ohboy said:
    Maybe if we didn't throw insults at ANYONE, this wouldn't even be an issue. 

Yes that includes devs. 
    I agree with Ohboy on this one.