v2.2.0 Release Notes (7/25/17)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    HomeRn said:
    Will afflict be able to interact with trample?  As in, will a creature with trample AND afflict, deal damage to the opposing PW twice potentially in a single attack?
    @HomeRn Yes! A creature with both Afflict and Trample will resolve thusly: If it is blocked, it will deal its full power to the opponent (due to Afflict), then deal its full power to the blocking creature. If there is any damage leftover, the Trample resolves and deals the leftover damage to the opposing PW.

For example, if a creature with Afflict and Trample with a power of 8 is blocked by a creature with 1 life, the opposing PW will first take 8 damage (from Afflict), then the blocking creature takes 1 damage and finally the opposing PW will take 7 damage from Trample.

• Brigby
    edited July 2017
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby do we know recharge times for the new PVE? Also will Hour of Devastation be a coalition event? 
    @bken1234
    The Return of the God Pharaoh event will have 4 hour recharge times, but the developers will be monitoring it to see if they need to make any additional adjustments to it. 

Hour of Devastation is a PvP event.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh @Brigby , you just gave me mixed feelings. Afflict and Trample? Cool. 4 hour recharges? Meh. Maybe individual leaderboards could be something they would accept to work against this..erm..less motivating concept.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    @Brigby is HoD a coalition PVP or individual? 

Also was the poll where the overwhelming majority said 4 hour recharges suck not enough? 

With the drop in engagement in this event (Platinum didn't flip until nearly 10 hours later than normal), I would think the recharges would be the least they would do to draw people back in 
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby do we know recharge times for the new PVE? Also will Hour of Devastation be a coalition event? 
    @bken1234
    The Return of the God Pharaoh event will have 4 hour recharge times, but the developers will be monitoring it to see if they need to make any additional adjustments to it. 

Hour of Devastation is a PvP event.
    So, what exactly was the point of the poll where the vast majority of players voted for a different recharge time?
  • Brigby
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby is HoD a coalition PVP or individual? 

Also was the poll where the overwhelming majority said 4 hour recharges suck not enough? 

With the drop in engagement in this event (Platinum didn't flip until nearly 10 hours later than normal), I would think the recharges would be the least they would do to draw people back in 
    It will award coalition rewards, yes. Apologies, but I'm afraid I don't have any communicable information regarding the node recharge times for the event.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby

We understand that you don't have any other info you can pass on to us. However, please pass the community's voice to the development team, and let them know that these recharge rates were voted on in polls here and deemed by the majority to be untenable.
  • bk1234
    Matthew said:
    @Brigby

We understand that you don't have any other info you can pass on to us. However, please pass the community's voice to the development team, and let them know that these recharge rates were voted on in polls here and deemed by the majority to be untenable.
    Thank you @Matthew
  • Brigby
    bken1234 said:
    Matthew said:
    Brigby

Thank you Matthew
    @Matthew @bken1234
    Yes. The developers are aware of the community's sentiment, as I have passed along that information to them in my previous weekly report. I will inform them that this sentiment also extends to The Return of the God Pharaoh event.
  • bk1234
    edited July 2017
    Brigby said:
    bken1234 said:
    Matthew said:
    Brigby

Thank you Matthew
    @Matthew @bken1234
    Yes. The developers are aware of the community's sentiment, as I have passed along that information to them in my previous weekly report. I will inform them that this sentiment also extends to The Return of the God Pharaoh event.

Do you think they thought this sentiment was purely towards ToZ and we would just like it all of a sudden?  I'm asking for speculation, of course -- your professional opinion.  Perhaps one of the devs can address this. It seems unfair that you are constantly in the middle of this. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's almost like being in the middle is his job description. 
  • bk1234
    Ohboy said:
    It's almost like being in the middle is his job description. 
    He's too good for it. 
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    4hr recharges. :'(   :s

@Brigby
    Im so sorry you are the messenger but why can't the Dev's pull from their collective wisdom (The player base) and take a true pole in game using a survey.  Have an inbox link to a survey and you will be surprised about how much the community eather supports or dislikes the charge times.  This issue is seriously causing high profile members of the community to put this game down until it changes.

• Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Is the 4 hour recharge a developer or publisher mandate? I'm guessing publisher.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Oh 4 hours timers.... I'm starting to hope the game is not fixed tomorrow...
  • Brigby
    bken1234 said:

Do you think they thought this sentiment was purely towards ToZ and we would just like it all of a sudden?  I'm asking for speculation, of course -- your professional opinion.  Perhaps one of the devs can address this. It seems unfair that you are constantly in the middle of this. 
    @bken1234 Simply due to the mutual commonality of 4 hour recharge times, I speculate the developers were aware of the community's sentiment for Trial of Zeal potentially extending to The Return of the God Pharaoh.

Having said that though, since I am unaware of the exact design of the event, I don't know how the recharge time would affect player performance. I speculate the developers would like to evaluate that first, in order to fully understand player sentiment, specifically for that event.

Daddystyx said:
    4hr recharges. :'(   :s

Brigby
    Im so sorry you are the messenger but why can't the Dev's pull from their collective wisdom (The player base) and take a true pole in game using a survey.  Have an inbox link to a survey and you will be surprised about how much the community eather supports or dislikes the charge times.  This issue is seriously causing high profile members of the community to put this game down until it changes.
    @Daddystyx I think that's certainly an intriguing idea. Not only would it compile the sentiment from all the top tier / high profile players, but also from the individuals who are casual or non-coalition players.

We don't put out mass surveys too frequently, and I think we did just recently put out another one already, but I'll pass along the idea to the developers to see if we can include this topic on the next survey 
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    bken1234 said:
    Matthew said:
    Brigby

Thank you Matthew
    @Matthew @bken1234
    So, the developers are aware of the sentiment, and are just ignoring it? Because that may be one of the more disheartening things that has occurred--probably worse than the continually cutting of prizes.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    not sure If I am repeating myself but Im standing by my previous comment that there should be a special place in hell for person who came up with 4 hour recharges
  • Daddystyx
    Daddystyx Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I agree with the above position on the 4hr recharge rate......
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    naphomci said:
    Brigby said:
    bken1234 said:
    Matthew said:
    Brigby

Thank you Matthew
    @Matthew @bken1234
    So, the developers are aware of the sentiment, and are just ignoring it? Because that may be one of the more disheartening things that has occurred--probably worse than the continually cutting of prizes.
    Two issues there though, there has been people taking issue with a lot of changes that reduced prizes and the value of packs so this is not necessarily a new thing from the devs, and for every opinion there is often some diametrically opposed opinions as is the nature of such opinions so they can just work under the thought that they are dealing with a vocal minority. They are within their rights to do as they will, ultimately it is their game not ours, just as we can choose to not give them our money if we do not like what they are doing.