MPQ Gamependium (Unofficial web tools: DDQ Calendar/Rosters)

Comments

• Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    is it just me or is there something wrong with the images for the last 3-4 covers?   I have missing links for spidey, vulture, sandman, and doc oct.
    I've been too busy to create the images.  They've been uploaded now.
  • bones
    bones Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Cymmina said:
    Have you ever considered adding ISO needed to level characters to the site?  I like to keep track of how much ISO I need to soft cap my roster, and currently need to track it elsewhere.

One other suggestion:  Count champ levels towards the "covers per rarity" when you look at the Diff for a revision.  Right now it only counts actual new power levels applied.
    I am open to adding the ISO information.  Preparing the data necessary for this takes a considerable amount of time.  I have time to look into it this weekend, but I suspect it will take longer than that to do.

Changing the Diff page to show champion levels as a cover increase is complicated due to the way the data is stored and queried.  The UI isn't much of an abstraction of the database structure:  levels are stored independently from cover information.  Whether or not the character is championed is derived by comparing the level information to a table that just contains the minimum level for championing at each rarity.  When I query the diff, I am literally only getting the difference between 2 revisions.  The application don't know if it's looking at 2* character going from 70 to 72 or 79 to 81, it just knows it went up by 2 levels.

So the question becomes: what would be the most meaningful way of representing champion covers?  I can return results so that if it is a championed character, each +1 in level also shows a +1 in the 1st cover.  Alternately, I can convert any +1 in level to  +1 in the 1st cover once the character has become championed.  Either of these options can be done without redeploying.
    Thanks for creating and maintaining this awesome tool!

With regards to the champ covers diff feature, I'd love to have that. I don't think it much matters which color you allocate the champ level to in the diff since folks probably don't care about color tracking at that point.

I'm not sure about your exact data model but it sounds like you have something like:
    Rarity | Champ Level        Roster | ID | Character | Rarity | Level
    --------------------        ----------------------------------------
    2      | 94                   576  | 5  | Iron Fist | 3      | 200
    3      | 166
    4      | 270

Revision | Character | Level Diff | Cover diff
    ----------------------------------------------
    8        | Iron Fist | 5          | 0
    Seems like you're already doing some joins to detect champ status, so you could do joins during diff output for the cover count too (e.g. if someone takes a 0/0/0 hero 2* all the way to 120 in one update, the first 94 levels don't count as extra covers, but the subsequent 26 levels do, so it'd be a total of 39 2* covers for that one diff)
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    @Cymmina - Who can I contact about a typo issue?  Mockingbird is listed as "Bobbi Moorse", when it should be "Bobbi Morse"

I want to add in to everyone's love for this site - it's been an invaluable tool that I find has helped me organize my activity, and just appreciate it all around.  

Thanks!

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know how we can access our email used to create our account? 

I must have entered mine wrong or something cause when I try to long in, I get the account doesn't exist. So created a new account and it wouldn't let me enter the roster saying there was already an account.

So pretty stuck not being able to update my roster cause there is only a reset your password option.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I was wondering who made this website. Now I know. Excellent work. I like how easily I can see how characters are grouped according to their three same power colours.
  • govegan
    govegan Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Anyone have issues with password reset?  I've tried multiple times to reset mine and nothing shows up in my Gmail account in the inbox, junkmail, etc.  My roster is at 166, so there's no way I want to reenter all that.
  • cheshyre
    cheshyre Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Thank you for the resource.
    Do you think you'll add functionality to track Supports?
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Idea....
    On the champ rewards screen... how about joining it to the roster data (of the highest non maxed character if they have more than one) so you can see how many levels until the next cover (and if you wanted to get fancy, color of cover so you can tell if it will help or be saved) 

https://mpq.gamependium.com/characters/champions

could also add the level detail (join to highest level matching card) to the lists by color - helpful when looking for a strong card to partner
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/characters/color

And on on the main list.... I lover the stats on champed characters... you must have a wealth of data that could be mined ( how quickly people move up a levels, get new 5* levels, etc.... player segmentation ) - not sure what would be useful, but it might be interesting for some posts...
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/characters

nice tool...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina said:
    Have you ever considered adding ISO needed to level characters to the site?  I like to keep track of how much ISO I need to soft cap my roster, and currently need to track it elsewhere.

One other suggestion:  Count champ levels towards the "covers per rarity" when you look at the Diff for a revision.  Right now it only counts actual new power levels applied.
    I am open to adding the ISO information.  Preparing the data necessary for this takes a considerable amount of time.  I have time to look into it this weekend, but I suspect it will take longer than that to do.
    I just joined yesterday and think it’s a very cool resource! Any updates on the above? This would be my number one most requested feature! Having it automatically calculate the iso needed to bring a character up would be phenomenal. Not being a programmer I just have no idea how difficult it would be to implement. 
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Cymmina said:

I just joined yesterday and think it’s a very cool resource! Any updates on the above? This would be my number one most requested feature! Having it automatically calculate the iso needed to bring a character up would be phenomenal. Not being a programmer I just have no idea how difficult it would be to implement. 
    In he meantime....
    here is a sheet to let you quickly calculate it if you want,,,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19WTGnjZWctTwzHeF44XAR7ULkfKcHQOfufmG4z_OHR8

Thanks to whoever created it,
  • Daredevil217
    Thanks! Definitely seen that before. 

By by the way it is not letting me delete my roster. Anyone else having this issue? Also tried renaming the roster/URL but when I save it it still ends up the same. 
  • winter41
    winter41 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Hilk said:
    Idea....
    On the champ rewards screen... how about joining it to the roster data (of the highest non maxed character if they have more than one) so you can see how many levels until the next cover (and if you wanted to get fancy, color of cover so you can tell if it will help or be saved) 

https://mpq.gamependium.com/characters/champions

could also add the level detail (join to highest level matching card) to the lists by color - helpful when looking for a strong card to partner
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/characters/color

And on on the main list.... I lover the stats on champed characters... you must have a wealth of data that could be mined ( how quickly people move up a levels, get new 5* levels, etc.... player segmentation ) - not sure what would be useful, but it might be interesting for some posts...
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/characters

nice tool...
    Funny you mention this; I'm a programmer, and I was thinking some sort of calculator that hooks into a player's roster and renders a "champ level report" by level, so you could see quickly and easily who to put effort/bonus heroes levels into would be a really fun project. Cymmina, is this something that MPQ gamependium has any kind of API for? Again, I would love to build this.
  • Daredevil217

By by the way it is not letting me delete my roster. Anyone else having this issue? Also tried renaming the roster/URL but when I save it it still ends up the same. 
    I figured maybe I needed to have a roster in order to delete one so created a roster called “new” and can’t delete either. I wish I could wipe my account and start over but no option for that and no link for troubleshooting. 
  • Daredevil217

I figured maybe I needed to have a roster in order to delete one so created a roster called “new” and can’t delete either. I wish I could wipe my account and start over but no option for that and no link for troubleshooting. 
    If anyone is curious, I figured this out on my own. Have to set all your covers to zero then delete the roster and it will stick. 
  • RetroToNextGen
    RetroToNextGen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Hello all! Just checking to see if anyone else is having issues getting the MPQ Gamependium site to load? It’s not loading at all for me. It did last night, but no such luck today.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every now and then the dude forgets to re-authenticate the certificate for the site. It'll be back up within a few days.
  • RetroToNextGen
    @Dragon_Nexus

Thank you for the information. It’s greatly appreciated. I thought it was possibly something on my end with the IOS beta that I’m currently testing. Still, I hope the site is back up soon. Fantastic site for the game! Thanks again!

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    seems to be back up and running! was starting to sweat there!
  • RetroToNextGen
    @LFChikarason

Same here! I was getting nervous. So glad to have the site back; safe and sound.
  • Melovingu1
    Melovingu1 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Thxs 4/the new layout looks great! It's just 1 thing? How do you get the new layout, I've done your instructions > Created another account & login > Go 2/old account follow migration instructions! Just 1 thing? There's no migration even when l try to put my old roster in the new account. It says @ least make 1 change.
    I'm doing something wrong > but 1 thing 4sure I'm not gonna plug in all that info 4/A new roster! 
    https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/MelovingMpq/
    I wish I could send you a Pic?