*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• I'm assuming human torch will be a 2* because I doubt 2/4 of the FF is gonna make up 2/3 of the 4* roster.

2* human torch could be cool depending on the cover choice.
  • I'm assuming human torch will be a 2* because I doubt 2/4 of the FF is gonna make up 2/3 of the 4* roster.

Human Torch

Strong in red, just red
    Three red skills

icon_razz.gif
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    gamar wrote:
    I'm assuming human torch will be a 2* because I doubt 2/4 of the FF is gonna make up 2/3 of the 4* roster.

Human Torch

Strong in red, just red
    Three red skills

icon_razz.gif

That could actually be interesting
    Characters with 2 or 3 skills in the same color
    but situationally different uses/costs on them
  • davecazz wrote:
    Basically the devs try their best with a small test audience to figure out the balancing of characters as best they can. however, much of the time you can't always anticipate how a character would be used and sometimes just plain human error comes in and you let a character with an overpowered ability slip through.

Add in the fact that video game development is always challenging, always hectic and you are always trying to do a million things at once. These guys are human. give them a break.
    Human error could MAYBE be used as an excuse for Defense Grid. The other two abilities seem to say "We don't actually play this game ourselves"
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not everyone likes puns, but I think they're fantastic for generating laughs.

This made me smile.
  • gamar wrote:
    I'm assuming human torch will be a 2* because I doubt 2/4 of the FF is gonna make up 2/3 of the 4* roster.

Human Torch

Strong in red, just red
    Three red skills

icon_razz.gif

Fireball (the obvious) - 6 red ap
    Does x damage and adds y amount of yellow to board

Yellow engulf - 14 yellow ap
    Does x amount of aoe damage. Human torch does -30% damage for next 3 turns. (Lowers with upgrade)

Hot to the touch - red passive- whenever enemy makes a red match the enemy also receives 25% of the damage
    Upgrades to 40% and also yellow matches.

Something of this sort would be sweet. Damage values would have to be kept reasonable since it's a 2*.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:

Human Torch

Strong in red, just red
    Three red skills

icon_razz.gif

Fireball (the obvious) - 6 red ap
    Does x damage and adds y amount of yellow to board

Yellow engulf - 14 yellow ap
    Does x amount of aoe damage. Human torch does -30% damage for next 3 turns. (Lowers with upgrade)

Hot to the touch - red passive- whenever enemy makes a red match the enemy also receives 25% of the damage
    Upgrades to 40% and also yellow matches.

Something of this sort would be sweet. Damage values would have to be kept reasonable since it's a 2*.

I would guess a passive would be a good fit for black.
    Scorched Earth, 1 (min) -100 (max) damage for each normal match that damages Human Torch.
    Because any direct attacks against him would you know, damage the attacker as well.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    davecazz wrote:
    Basically the devs try their best with a small test audience to figure out the balancing of characters as best they can. however, much of the time you can't always anticipate how a character would be used and sometimes just plain human error comes in and you let a character with an overpowered ability slip through.

Add in the fact that video game development is always challenging, always hectic and you are always trying to do a million things at once. These guys are human. give them a break.
    Human error could MAYBE be used as an excuse for Defense Grid. The other two abilities seem to say "We don't actually play this game ourselves"

Try to design a game before sounding so sure.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Personally I feel that BP's other abilities are sufficiently terrible to warrant his (post-nerf) black
    IceIX has alluded to some sort of attribute budget they started using since Punisher release
  • davecazz wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    davecazz wrote:

I've done QC for a few, but that is beside the point. This thread and the BP thread in Character Discussion are all you need to realize I'm right.

I used to think like you: they must have too small a beta team to work out every mistake before it goes live. People corrected me by saying "we are their beta team." I still don't totally buy it but it's not hard to understand why people think that way.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    davecazz wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    davecazz wrote:

I've done QC for a few, but that is beside the point. This thread and the BP thread in Character Discussion are all you need to realize I'm right.

I used to think like you: they must have too small a beta team to work out every mistake before it goes live. People corrected me by saying "we are their beta team." I still don't totally buy it but it's not hard to understand why people think that way.

People just want things to work perfectly, and in their mind it seems simple. You see a handful of issues and it seems obvious how to fix them. However, the issues that we see is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what they need to deal with on a daily basis.

Think about this, the game just came out at the end of last year. There are not a lot of games that are that new but yet add so much content on a weekly basis. New events, new characters, new features.

I really don't know many games like this that have launched and evolved so quickly with no issues. Look at the forums of other popular games and you'll find the exact same thing.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is BP still worth levelling and spending time on to get covers?

I didn't regret much paying 1250HP for an extra black BP cover for the PVP event and got red and blue IM40 covers in return.
  • Kind of **** that they'll nerf a new character but won't buff new characters like dare devil
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:

I didn't regret much paying 1250HP for an extra black BP cover for the PVP event and got red and blue IM40 covers in return.

3.2k damage to everyone for 12 black is still pretty damn good. Couple that with 2 decent abilities and 7k hp, and you have a worthwhile investment on your hands.
  • davecazz wrote:
    People just want things to work perfectly, and in their mind it seems simple. You see a handful of issues and it seems obvious how to fix them. However, the issues that we see is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what they need to deal with on a daily basis.

Think about this, the game just came out at the end of last year. There are not a lot of games that are that new but yet add so much content on a weekly basis. New events, new characters, new features.

I really don't know many games like this that have launched and evolved so quickly with no issues. Look at the forums of other popular games and you'll find the exact same thing.
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying but you're speaking in generalities while I'm only talking about Black Panther specifically.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:

3.2k damage to everyone for 12 black is still pretty damn good. Couple that with 2 decent abilities and 7k hp, and you have a worthwhile investment on your hands.
    Thanks!
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    He is a raging badass in the hulk tournament. He gets the GOOD buff.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone have his new max damage values for "Rage of the Panther" ?
    It was 4048 and they reduced it by 20% so I assume that it is about 3238.
  • All this talk about BP's max black damage... What about the addition of his strike tiles? Do they level up to a point of making a difference? And since his tiles land on yellow, I can see teaming him up with Patch/A Wolvie/Daken to really max the damage or M Storm to collect environmental tiles.

Also, Human Torch should be 4* as he can go super-nova (yellow?).
  • Rarre28 wrote:
    Kind of **** that they'll nerf a new character but won't buff new characters like dare devil

Not really, I'd much rather they sorted him out quickly so people who want to spend HP on him are now fully aware of his abilities. If you leave him for too long it would risk another Ragnarok situation where everyone has him and everyone moans when he gets nerfed. Now his black is powerful, but not more than BWGS Sniper Rifle, plus it has various downsides as well compared to the Sniper Rifle.